Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Drunks sure are though lol

Nah, it isn't the same. People who are obnoxious and offensive when drunk likely don't regret it when sober. They're just assholes, alcohol or no alcohol.

But as WWE says, in the end, it's about the smoke and nothing else. If it was about some greater political issue like @snipetype is trying to say, they'd ban edibles, too, but I don't believe that to be the case. People just don't want to inhale smoke or smell weed. Not from the air, not from clothes, nothing. If the guy next to me is drinking a beer, it's no different for me than if he's drinking a pop.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nah, it isn't the same. People who are obnoxious and offensive when drunk likely don't regret it when sober. They're just *******s, alcohol or no alcohol.

But as WWE says, in the end, it's about the smoke and nothing else. If it was about some greater political issue like @snipetype is trying to say, they'd ban edibles, too, but I don't believe that to be the case. People just don't want to inhale smoke or smell weed. Not from the air, not from clothes, nothing. If the guy next to me is drinking a beer, it's no different for me than if he's drinking a pop.
Technically edibles would be banned under "No outside food or drink"

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Technically edibles would be banned under "No outside food or drink"

Edibles aren’t going to be legal to sell for at least the first year while they determine the rules on packaging and what the regulations are going to be. I would not be the least bit surprised to see them for sale at the dome once they’re legalized.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Edibles aren’t going to be legal to sell for at least the first year while they determine the rules on packaging and what the regulations are going to be. I would not be the least bit surprised to see them for sale at the dome once they’re legalized.
I would be very shocked if they did.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sometimes I bring my own snack to the game. Call the police.
1mqzct.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why would you be shocked? It would be no different than alcohol. There’s no effect on anyone else and would make a ton of money.
Because it isn't legal everywhere, I suspect the NHL wouldn't allow it and I'd also be shocked if the Feds allowed it. They are going to control this tighter than alcohol.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
31 Thoughts, The Podcast

Friedman talks about the Flames at starting at 7:35. Some interesting stuff including Friedman saying the Freddie thing (him being waived) was definitely an issue in that Dougie's attitude changed afterwards and it bothered his teammates. Said eventually Dougie's going to have to learn that they (him and his brother) can't always play together.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
31 Thoughts, The Podcast

Friedman talks about the Flames at starting at 7:35. Some interesting stuff including Friedman saying the Freddie thing (him being waived) was definitely an issue in that Dougie's attitude changed afterwards and it bothered his teammates. Said eventually Dougie's going to have to learn that they (him and his brother) can't always play together.
I didn't want to believe this initially because it's so petulant. But man, I'm losing respect for Hamilton now that Friedman is saying this might be true.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks, it was a half joke and half laziness reply. Decided to drink on my new medication and it really put me on my ass :laugh:

I actually did pretty good on guessing the numbers of new Flames, the only I got wrong was Derek Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad