Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
what's opening night lineup looking like?
valimaki or kylington? both? i like that kid mackey, plays my kind of hockey.

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
what's opening night lineup looking like?
valimaki or kylington? both? i like that kid mackey, plays my kind of hockey.
Mackey is waiver exempt, so he's probably heading to the AHL. We've seen this episode before, and after signing a $2 million pylon the writing on the wall is clear as ever. Maaaaybe he sticks as the #8 guy, but I'd prefer he tears it up in the minors playing a ton in all situations.

Valimaki and Kylington are big ???s - Kylington is killing it in camp so far. I think we all expect too much too soon from Valimaki, but he's also shown great potential.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
M. Night Shyamalan twist.
Kraken should have taken Kylington all along.
twist..the Flames put Kylington on waivers and the Kraken take him..getting the 2 best players that the Flames exposed for expansion.

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Monahan 3rd line LW and Richardson 4th line C would have been one option
Shh. Take your logic and get out!

How about... uh... we're showcasing Monahan's ability to play as center for the Eichel trade?

Though thinking about it, maybe it is wanting some beef to ride shotgun for Dube and Mangiapane, two relatively small, younger guys. Why Ritchie was with them in the first place.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
How about... uh... we're showcasing Monahan's ability to play as center for the Eichel trade?

Though thinking about it, maybe it is wanting some beef to ride shotgun for Dube and Mangiapane, two relatively small, younger guys. Why Ritchie was with them in the first place.

Monahan "playing center" is just a bunch of dump-in-and-change shifts from our 4th line. Even Trevor Lewis can accomplish that.

Even Derek Ryan would have a handful of ES points in Monahan's role.

Also Monahan is 6'3", if he's not beefy, and he's not fast... what... what is he?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Monahan "playing center" is just a bunch of dump-in-and-change shifts from our 4th line. Even Trevor Lewis can accomplish that.

Even Derek Ryan would have a handful of ES points in Monahan's role.

Also Monahan is 6'3", if he's not beefy, and he's not fast... what... what is he?

Dammit man, at least try to boost the guy's value for an Eichel trade.

At least for your fake game winning goal stat, it involves winning games.

Lord Byron was identified by a fan made Youtube video. Stranger things have happened.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021

nice.gif

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Apparently we have better odds of winning the cup then we do missing the playoffs.

Any idea why Anaheim and the Oilers have worse odds?
Moneypuck is going to be very reliant on advanced stats. Since the Oiler really rely on top-end talent and the powerplay they have awful advanced stats that they just overpreform thanks to just how good McDavid is (+ Koskinen has been really, really good for them before the Winnipeg game) which makes advanced stats think it's all snake oil. Same reason the Habs have always been super high up in the past.

As for the Ducks, who knows. Maybe Gibson is overpreforming, or their scorers don't have great underlying stats i.e. Getzlaf, Shattenkirk, and Terry and the advanced stats assume they are over performing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad