Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I thought we were hoping to use him as an example to gateway our way towards bringing in more Russian talent?
I think he's probably served that purpose. We brought him over promising opportunity, and he was given that opportunity over the full season.

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think he's probably served that purpose. We brought him over promising opportunity, and he was given that opportunity over the full season.
I think that supposed role was blown out of proportion by fans, I think what matters most is a stream of Russian players in the system. We still have Yelesin & Zagidulin as RFAs, and Zavgorodny, Kuznetsov and Solovyov (Belarussian, but played in KHL) under contract. Then Chechelev and Nikolayev on the reserve list as unsigned prospects.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I thought we were hoping to use him as an example to gateway our way towards bringing in more Russian talent?

I thought we were hoping he could bring bottom pairing D quality play with his ~275 games of professional experience. He didn't. He was a hot bag of ass. Routinely made much worse reads than his rookie partner Valimaki.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
One potential reason why there has been no Gaudreau contract news.

Should have snuck into the Priests contractual questions - "And do you, Johnny Hockey Gaudreau, take Meredith to have and to hold with a 6.5 million per year for eight years contract with the Calgary Flames and a ten team no trade list, from this point forward known as article 2 in the contract, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith [or] pledge myself to you.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

E8cUBqh.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad