Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Leivo and Ryan are the only bottom 6 guys I actively want to see back here that were on expiring deals. Simon, Nordstrom, Ritchie, they are non-factors which is fine, but having a bottom 6 full of them is a yikes. Really hope we can maintain the real threats that are down there.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Leivo and Ryan are the only bottom 6 guys I actively want to see back here that were on expiring deals. Simon, Nordstrom, Ritchie, they are non-factors which is fine, but having a bottom 6 full of them is a yikes. Really hope we can maintain the real threats that are down there.
I don't hate Ritchie coming back for a bottom 6 role... Just not top line RW

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You know what would be hilarious?

The meltdown here if Monahan is made captain (if Seattle takes Gio), I might have to take peope off ignore to enjoy that in its entirety.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
You know what would be hilarious?

The meltdown here if Monahan is made captain (if Seattle takes Gio), I might have to take peope off ignore to enjoy that in its entirety.

Captain Monahan sounds like a drink made with rum that's missing a few ingredients.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Calgary Flames’ Kylington and ‘big brother’ Oduya seizing opportunity to grow hockey in Africa - TSN.ca

On the same weekend the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs was being played in North America, a different hockey game featuring NHL talent was taking place in a large parking lot on the streets of Nairobi, Kenya.

Twenty-four-year-old Calgary Flames defenceman Oliver Kylington and 39-year-old Johnny Oduya, who played 850 games in the NHL from 2006-18, were in the East African country playing roller hockey with locals and the Kenya Ice Lions, the nation’s only team playing organized hockey.
The pair of defencemen also donated equipment through sponsors, visited neighbourhoods and met with locals.

To plan the weekend, Kylington and Oduya collaborated with the Ice Lions, who play in a country that has just one ice hockey rink. It’s located in a hotel but has been shut down for more than a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Kid deserves a chance to play. Hope the Kraken take him away from this
stupid
organization.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The best thing about Wolf is that all along I have heard his statistics were only high because the Silvertips play a trap style (which is a stupid take because WHL defenses are Swiss Cheese at best.) The fact that they were one of, if not the highest scoring team in the league, pretty much dispels that myth. They played run and gun this year and he still had ridiculous numbers.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Thank God. Not a bad dude but shouldn't be a every day player in the NHL and we seemed to love him.

I thought we were hoping to use him as an example to gateway our way towards bringing in more Russian talent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad