Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

I don't understand the reference fully unless it's something like this...?

giphy.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Can't wait for the inevitable return of the Hanifin-Hamonic pair.

And yeah, Kylington and Bennett both need to go public with trade requests once the season is over. This organization still has some learning to do and the burnt hand teaches best in situations like this.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if both those players are pieces in this rumoured big deal that Treliving is working on. He obviously doesn't believe either of those players are key pieces on the Flames roster going forward.... at least I hope he's looking to trade them because they aren't getting a fair shake here in Calgary and they deserve better. Actually I guess I could say that about a number of players in the Flames organization... Czarnik being at the top of the list (no way he re-signs with Calgary as a free agent this summer.. he got f***ed over this season by Treliving).

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I wouldn't be at all surprised if both those players are pieces in this rumoured big deal that Treliving is working on. He obviously doesn't believe either of those players are key pieces on the Flames roster going forward.... at least I hope he's looking to trade them because they aren't getting a fair shake here in Calgary and they deserve better. Actually I guess I could say that about a number of players in the Flames organization... Czarnik being at the top of the list (no way he re-signs with Calgary as a free agent this summer.. he got f***ed over this season by Treliving).

What are you guys hanging out with teenage girls with all the catty comments?

Both players have been given their opportunities repeatedly and neither ran with it for any prolonged success. Now it is the teams fault? Ridiculous.

Though Sam's clock is starting to run low on achieving his potential he is still 1 or 2 years from being declared a bust. I see growth this year and I have really liked what I have seen from Sam in the playoffs but that doesn't mean any spot in the line-up is a guarantee for him.

Kylington is a less polished version of Gustafsson. Tre upgraded because Oliver isn't where he needs to be. Oliver has had 2 seasons now and he still is only a third pairing D-man. At this point I would be happier with Kylington turning into a slightly better Gusafsson.

Bennett has 12 points this season... Nothing about that says he deserves to be at center or on the third line.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What are you guys hanging out with teenage girls with all the catty comments?

Both players have been given their opportunities repeatedly and neither ran with it for any prolonged success. Now it is the teams fault? Ridiculous.

Though Sam's clock is starting to run low on achieving his potential he is still 1 or 2 years from being declared a bust. I see growth this year and I have really liked what I have seen from Sam in the playoffs but that doesn't mean any spot in the line-up is a guarantee for him.

Kylington is a less polished version of Gustafsson. Tre upgraded because Oliver isn't where he needs to be. Oliver has had 2 seasons now and he still is only a third pairing D-man. At this point I would be happier with Kylington turning into a slightly better Gusafsson.

Bennett has 12 points this season... Nothing about that says he deserves to be at center or on the third line.

No need to start your post with a passive-aggressive insult.

Now to answer your post.... By saying Kylington has had two seasons now is being disingenuous. Kylington is 22 with 87 NHL games under his belt. Gustafsson is 27 with 219 games under his belt. To compare the two and to say that Kylington has repeated opportunities to prove himself is just ridiculous.
Bennett played his best games this year as center on the 3rd line. I have no idea why Ward moved him back down to the 4th line when Ryan came back. Its not like Ward is killing out there centering the 3rd. Bennett is dying on the 4th line as a wing with Janko and Reider as linemates. Christ.... McDavid would have a tough time succeeding with those two. He's getting screwed by Ward and he doesn't deserve it. No way he deserves to play on the 4th line and Lucic on the 3rd and Lucic gets PP time too.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Watch Treliving somehow retain all the guys ya'll are talking about, acquire a dude to nicely glue them together and ya'll minds be blown when that group goes out and does hella good.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Watch Treliving somehow retain all the guys ya'll are talking about, acquire a dude to nicely glue them together and ya'll minds be blown when that group goes out and does hella good.
Started drinking before the game, eh? I usually wait till halfway through.
You might have something though... Starting now may make watching the game more enjoyable.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Can't wait for the inevitable return of the Hanifin-Hamonic pair.

And yeah, Kylington and Bennett both need to go public with trade requests once the season is over. This organization still has some learning to do and the burnt hand teaches best in situations like this.

Kyle Turris, Blake Wheeler, Tyler Johnson, Philippe Myers, Paul Byron, Adam Fox. Treliving has a burnt hand already.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Kyle Turris, Blake Wheeler, Tyler Johnson, Philippe Myers, Paul Byron, Adam Fox. Treliving has a burnt hand already.
Hard to fully put Fox on Tre, given that it was fairly well reported and known that he wasn't going to sign here, and that he wanted to go to the Rangers. He was a sweetener in a deal that brought us 2 good players for a guy we were likely not re-signing (Ferland) and a player who was great, but an uncomfortable fit here (Dougie).

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hard to fully put Fox on Tre, given that it was fairly well reported and known that he wasn't going to sign here, and that he wanted to go to the Rangers. He was a sweetener in a deal that brought us 2 good players for a guy we were likely not re-signing (Ferland) and a player who was great, but an uncomfortable fit here (Dougie).

That's because the team didn't sign him after his first year of college.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
I remember when I walked past Ken when I worked at the Saddledome. He gave me a fist bump on my way into work during the playoffs last year and told me to have a good shift. Seemed like a very friendly guy. May he RIP

Reactions: SKRusty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad