Around the Dome 2016-2017: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Haven't actually watched any of the tournament but apparently Gaudreau's playing right wing in IIHF World Championships and doing pretty well.

Maybe the Flames have finally found their high end right winger?

Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Mangiapane-Bennett-Lazar
Stajan-Jankowski-Hathaway
Chiasson/Hamilton

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Haven't actually watched any of the tournament but apparently Gaudreau's playing right wing in IIHF World Championships and doing pretty well.

Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Mangiapane-Bennett-Lazar
Chiasson/Hamilton

Yes. That is a good looking top line. Dunno about Ferland with Backlund but worth a try.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Mangiapane-Bennett-Lazar
Chiasson/Hamilton

I like it a lot. I probably try to get Bennett going offensively with Backs before shifting him back to 3rd line C. Get Janks or Stajan to hold down the third line if Bennett doesn't set fire offensively to start the season and then shift once he's on a roll. Then we can finally see if he should be a center or winger definitively.

I really, really like the idea of Monahan in the slot, Johnny on the half boards and Tkachuk in his office behind the net just to the side.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bored and saw the jersey thread on the main boards so I started looking up concepts for the Flames and I have to say this is my favourite one by far. Even though there'll be no thirds next year I love the take on our current homes as future thirds.

JackHolmes-CGY.png

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Bored and saw the jersey thread on the main boards so I started looking up concepts for the Flames and I have to say this is my favourite one by far. Even though there'll be no thirds next year I love the take on our current homes as future thirds.

JackHolmes-CGY.png

Those are nice.
Does anyone know when the new jerseys will be released?

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Bad news guys. After a disappointing '15-'16 campaign with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, posting only 0.308PPG, blue chip prospect Tim Erixon is now roaring back to NHL stardom with an impressive 0.315PPG AHL season under his belt. Only a matter of time now. Get that crow ready.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Bad news guys. After a disappointing '15-'16 campaign with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, posting only 0.308PPG, blue chip prospect Tim Erixon is now roaring back to NHL stardom with an impressive 0.315PPG AHL season under his belt. Only a matter of time now. Get that crow ready.

Damn, I knew that trade would come back to haunt us.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Euro leagues are not as physical, so hopefully he doesn't re-injure himself. When he decides to hang them up for good I'd be happy if the Flames brought him back in a management/player development/coaching capacity. Sounds like he was good with the youngsters in Stockton this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad