Around the Dome 2016-2017: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-12-nhl-teams-will-alter-uniforms-2017-18/

Apparently we will be one of the 12 teams that will see a change with our jerseys.

My prediction: The Flags and piping are gone at the very least

I don't like this. I may be alone, but I'm getting tired of what seems like continuous change to the sweaters. Just pick something and stick with it.

Adidas also plans to temporarily do away with alternate third sweaters and restrict teams to home and away duds for next season.
I especially don't like this.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Treliving discusses Flames' plans for 16th pick, expansion draft and goaltending (TSN video)

Highlights:
  • Move up scenario unlikely given lack of pick assets
  • Not in a position to move pick for an older player that would be with the Flames for only a short period of time
  • All things being considered, will probably be picking at 16
  • Not a lot of teams can add a player due to their protection situations; gonna spit someone else out; market is stalled
  • Thinks they're deals consummated that will probably be announced soon not necessarily involving us
  • When it comes to goaltending, no one's out of the picture; still trying to determine the market
  • Puts Rittich in the same category as Gillies & Parsons; Tyler's just completing his junior career
  • Dances around the Stone situation [because admitting to circumventing the expansion draft would be silly]
  • Growth is the latest buzz word; lot of growth is going to primarily come from within
  • More Breaking News: Treliving likes the big three on defense and wants to solidify the position further

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So really, the most boring interview ever, with literally zero new information.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Flames need to go back to their original jerseys and do away with the black. I've always preferred those. All I hope is that they don't go making huge changes. They have a classic jersey and it doesn't need to be changed. The NHL as a whole also needs to go back to whites at home.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Scary Elantra on CP has made a bunch of fantastic mock-ups. Some without black and some with. I recommend taking a look.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I may be looking into this too much but the last 2 instagram posts by the Flames have had them wearing their retro jerseys... I don't want to get my hopes to up but maybe that's a sign, or it's nothing and I'm just being stupid :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I may be looking into this too much but the last 2 instagram posts by the Flames have had them wearing their retro jerseys... I don't want to get my hopes to up but maybe that's a sign, or it's nothing and I'm just being stupid :laugh:

That's interesting. You wonder if they're trying to instill that brand already.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Reports indicate no logo changes, if we were going retro it would constitute a logo change as a color would be removed from the logo

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Reports indicate no logo changes, if we were going retro it would constitute a logo change as a color would be removed from the logo

If you consider different coloured logos to be different logos, then we technically have three logos as it stands right now, one of which is the retro white.

I don't think that's correct, though. I would consider the Flames to have had the same logo since they came to Calgary, and I would say they have one logo right now, with different colour schemes.

If we were going retro, I'd guess that the official logo the Flames would use for the draft and things like that would be the red "C," which they currently use anyway.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

That's not true. The colour of the Oilers logo will change from royal blue to navy blue to complement the change on the rest of the jersey.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If you consider different coloured logos to be different logos, then we technically have three logos as it stands right now, one of which is the retro white.

I don't think that's correct, though. I would consider the Flames to have had the same logo since they came to Calgary, and I would say they have one logo right now, with different colour schemes.

If we were going retro, I'd guess that the official logo the Flames would use for the draft and things like that would be the red "C," which they currently use anyway.

Mhm, I would argue that the different versions of the C (home, away, alternate) are already all our current 'logo'.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

The official logo has a black outline, it might be a minor change, but a change nonetheless.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The official logo has a black outline, it might be a minor change, but a change nonetheless.

Is it a change that the statement you're referencing would care about or consider to be a logo change, though? Various sources would tell you the Flames have had one logo since they came into the league. A logo change in the NHL typically refers to something like the Panthers or the Sabres recently.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is it a change that the statement you're referencing would care about or consider to be a logo change, though? Various sources would tell you the Flames have had one logo since they came into the league. A logo change in the NHL typically refers to something like the Panthers or the Sabres recently.
this particular source (Chris Creamer's site, which for some reason is censored by HF) lists the Flames logo as changing in 1994/95 when the black was added. So yes, this particular source counts that as a logo change.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Something completely new, or retro. The current look is stale. And the shoulder patches have got to go :laugh:

Our jerseys would've been so much more bearable if the flags weren't there. They look so out of place there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad