Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
A random, periodic check-in on some former Jackets:

Josh Anderson - 8-2-10, +6 in 12 games with Montreal; his 8 goals are good for 5th in the entire league right now
Pierre-Luc Dubois - debuts tomorrow for Winnipeg
Ryan Murray - 0-2-2 in 9 games, averaging 21:28 TOI (highest since '15-'16 for him), Devils are paused right now due to covid but Murray played in all 9 games with New Jersey so far (9 games in 18 days). His most common D partner has been PK Subban.
Markus Nutivaara - 0-3-3 in 4 games for Florida, trying to get acclimated after starting the season on the covid list and has chipped in with some assists.
Devin Shore - 1-0-1 in 8 games for Edmonton
Alex Wennberg - 1-2-3 in 9 games for Florida
Artem Anisimov - 0-1-1, -3 in 4 games with Ottawa; he's been a healthy scratch for a couple weeks now.
Sergei Bobrovsky - 3-0-1 in 4 starts for Columbus South; .881 sv %, 3.57 GAA - somehow his stats are worse than last year so far.
Derrick Brassard - 1-4-5, +1 in 11 games with Arizona
Matt Calvert - 0-1-1 in 6 games for Colorado; on IR indefinitely with concussion symptoms.
Jeff Carter - 1-5-6, -6 in 11 games for L.A.
Ian Cole - 0-1-1 in 8 games since getting traded to Minnesota (played two games with Colorado prior to the trade)
Matt Duchene - 2-3-5, -5 in 11 games with Nashville (he's getting close to career - triple digits in +/- lol); in 77 career regular season games with the Preds he's posted 15-32-47 and is a -9
Anthony Duclair - 0-6-6, +4 in 9 games with Florida, averaging career-high 17:09 TOI
Ryan Dzingel - 2-2-4, -1 in 9 games for Carolina, averaging just 12:59 TOI
Ryan Johansen - 0-4-4 in 10 games with Nashville, 56.1% in the dot (on IR now, per Viqsi)
Jack Johnson - 0-0-0, -4 in 5 games with the Rangers, hasn't played since January 26th (listed with a groin strain last week)
William Lars Karlsson - 3-3-6, +6 in 9 games for Vegas, 53.9% in the dot
Jonathan Marchessault - 2-6-8, +5 in 9 games for Vegas
Curtis McElhinney - makes his first start tonight
Frank Sonny Milano - no stats in 2 games with Anaheim, on IR (he actually looked pretty good in the action that I caught)
Artemi Panarin - 5-10-15, +2 in 10 games for the Rangers, averaging career-high 21:36 TOI (he's still absurd)
Brandon Saad - 5-3-8, -5 for Colorado in 11 games, shooting a ridiculous 33.3% right now
Jakub Voracek - 3-9-12, +2 in 13 games with Philadelphia, lowest ATOI since his first year with the Flyers

Let's call this one the "roughly ~1/3 of the season update."

Josh Anderson - 9-3-12, +1 in 19 games with Montreal; a little bit of a mess for the Habs right now. Andy has just one assist in his last 6 games as is shooting % is coming back down to Earth. He's getting almost no PP time - he has one short-handed goal, the rest of his points are at 5v5. Lowest TOI/game for him since '16-'17.
Pierre-Luc Dubois - 3-2-5, +2 in 4 games for Winnipeg; his shooting % while with the Jets is 100%. He was out injured for a bit but now he finds himself on the top line with Scheifle and Wheeler.
Ryan Murray - 0-2-2, +2 in 12 games, averaging 20:27 TOI. Devils paused for a bit and then Murray himself was out with a non-covid illness but he's been back the last three for NJ. He's played in every game he hasn't been sick, I believe. Didn't realize - he's 27 years old.
Markus Nutivaara - 0-3-3, -3 in 7 games for Florida, trying to get acclimated after starting the season on the covid list and now is on IR.
Devin Shore - 1-2-3, -2 in 11 games for Edmonton; has been waived, cleared, and is now on the taxi squad
Alex Wennberg - 5-5-10, +2 in 19 games for Florida, shooting 20.8%.
Artem Anisimov - 0-2-2, -3 in 8 games with Ottawa; was waived but now back with the Senators it looks like.
Sergei Bobrovsky - 6-2-1 in 9 starts for Columbus South; .897 sv %, 3.05 GAA
Derick Brassard - 3-4-7, -2 in 19 games with Arizona
Matt Calvert - 0-1-1, -3 in 9 games for Colorado; back from IR the last three games.
Jeff Carter - 3-8-11, -4 in 18 games for L.A.
Ian Cole - 1-1-2, +10 in 12 games since getting traded to Minnesota (played two games with Colorado prior to the trade)
Matt Duchene - 3-5-8, -11 in 19 games with Nashville (he's broken through -100 for his career); in 85 career regular season games with the Preds he's posted 16-34-50 and is a -15
Anthony Duclair - 2-8-10, +6 in 18 games with Florida
Ryan Dzingel - 2-2-4, -2 in 11 games for Carolina, traded to Ottawa
Ryan Johansen - 0-4-4, -1 in 12 games with Nashville, has played two games since returning from IR. In his last 80 regular season games for the Preds he's put up 14-26-40 and 49 PIM.
Jack Johnson - 0-0-0, -4 in 7 games with the Rangers, averaging career-low 16:36 TOI. Haven't followed injury vs healthy scratch for when he's been out.
William Lars Karlsson - 3-9-12, +4 in 16 games for Vegas, 53.7% in the dot
Jonathan Marchessault - 6-7-13, +6 in 16 games for Vegas
Curtis McElhinney - 2-1 in 3 starts for Tampa Bay, posting .896 sv % and 2.70 GAA
Frank Sonny Milano - no stats (7 SOG) in 3 games with Anaheim, played in one game back from IR
Artemi Panarin - 5-13-18, -1 in 14 games for the Rangers, has taken a leave of absence from the team
Brandon Saad - 6-4-10, -2 for Colorado in 15 games, shooting a ridiculous 28.6% right now
Jakub Voracek - 3-9-12, +2 in 13 games with Philadelphia, lowest ATOI since his first year with the Flyers - hasn't played since Feb. 7th due to covid-19 protocols.

New entrants:
Kevin Connauton - made his season debut for Florida last night, was +2 in 20:26 of ice time.
Anton Stralman - 2-5-7, +1 in 19 games for, who else, Florida.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Let's call this one the "roughly ~1/3 of the season update."

Josh Anderson - 9-3-12, +1 in 19 games with Montreal; a little bit of a mess for the Habs right now. Andy has just one assist in his last 6 games as is shooting % is coming back down to Earth. He's getting almost no PP time - he has one short-handed goal, the rest of his points are at 5v5. Lowest TOI/game for him since '16-'17.
Pierre-Luc Dubois - 3-2-5, +2 in 4 games for Winnipeg; his shooting % while with the Jets is 100%. He was out injured for a bit but now he finds himself on the top line with Scheifle and Wheeler.
Ryan Murray - 0-2-2, +2 in 12 games, averaging 20:27 TOI. Devils paused for a bit and then Murray himself was out with a non-covid illness but he's been back the last three for NJ. He's played in every game he hasn't been sick, I believe. Didn't realize - he's 27 years old.
Markus Nutivaara - 0-3-3, -3 in 7 games for Florida, trying to get acclimated after starting the season on the covid list and now is on IR.
Devin Shore - 1-2-3, -2 in 11 games for Edmonton; has been waived, cleared, and is now on the taxi squad
Alex Wennberg - 5-5-10, +2 in 19 games for Florida, shooting 20.8%.
Artem Anisimov - 0-2-2, -3 in 8 games with Ottawa; was waived but now back with the Senators it looks like.
Sergei Bobrovsky - 6-2-1 in 9 starts for Columbus South; .897 sv %, 3.05 GAA
Derick Brassard - 3-4-7, -2 in 19 games with Arizona
Matt Calvert - 0-1-1, -3 in 9 games for Colorado; back from IR the last three games.
Jeff Carter - 3-8-11, -4 in 18 games for L.A.
Ian Cole - 1-1-2, +10 in 12 games since getting traded to Minnesota (played two games with Colorado prior to the trade)
Matt Duchene - 3-5-8, -11 in 19 games with Nashville (he's broken through -100 for his career); in 85 career regular season games with the Preds he's posted 16-34-50 and is a -15
Anthony Duclair - 2-8-10, +6 in 18 games with Florida
Ryan Dzingel - 2-2-4, -2 in 11 games for Carolina, traded to Ottawa
Ryan Johansen - 0-4-4, -1 in 12 games with Nashville, has played two games since returning from IR. In his last 80 regular season games for the Preds he's put up 14-26-40 and 49 PIM.
Jack Johnson - 0-0-0, -4 in 7 games with the Rangers, averaging career-low 16:36 TOI. Haven't followed injury vs healthy scratch for when he's been out.
William Lars Karlsson - 3-9-12, +4 in 16 games for Vegas, 53.7% in the dot
Jonathan Marchessault - 6-7-13, +6 in 16 games for Vegas
Curtis McElhinney - 2-1 in 3 starts for Tampa Bay, posting .896 sv % and 2.70 GAA
Frank Sonny Milano - no stats (7 SOG) in 3 games with Anaheim, played in one game back from IR
Artemi Panarin - 5-13-18, -1 in 14 games for the Rangers, has taken a leave of absence from the team
Brandon Saad - 6-4-10, -2 for Colorado in 15 games, shooting a ridiculous 28.6% right now
Jakub Voracek - 3-9-12, +2 in 13 games with Philadelphia, lowest ATOI since his first year with the Flyers - hasn't played since Feb. 7th due to covid-19 protocols.

New entrants:
Kevin Connauton - made his season debut for Florida last night, was +2 in 20:26 of ice time.
Anton Stralman - 2-5-7, +1 in 19 games for, who else, Florida.

Thanks, this is super detailed.

I'd add that it is amusing that Josh gets less ATOI playing on Montreal's topline than he did on Columbus' supposed third line. But that's because it was always a misnomer that it was a third line. Torts played Josh a lot, lines are more flat in Montreal.

Good catch on Wennberg's shooting percentage. He is still getting about one shot on net per game, same as his whole career. Let @The 5th Laine come in here and tell us about Wennberg's goal scoring prowess being unlocked now that he is free from Torts. :D

Reactions: thebus88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sooo, a little bit of vintage George Matthews in back-to-back Charlottetown Islanders games (they're doing shockingly well)...

I caught myself looking at whether or not it would be possible/reasonable to sign Desruisseaux to a contract here. I think Matthews may be doing it to me again. @.@

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Here is a check in on how NHLers with an Ohio connection (Miami, OSU, BG, from Ohio) are doing.

Dakota Joshua, who played collegiately at Ohio State, made his NHL debut this week and scored a goal in his first game.

Matt Barkowski - 0g 0a (OSU)
Louis Belpedio - 0g 0a (Miami)
Blake Coleman - 4g 5a +7 (Miami)
Ryan Carpenter - 4g 0a (BG)
Austin Czarnick - 0g 0a (Miami)
Zac Dalpe - taxi squad (OSU)
Ryan Dzingle - 3g 2a (OSU
Mark Friedman - 1g 1a (BG)
Andy Greene - 0g 2a (Miami)
Dakota Joshua - 1g 0a (OSU)
Sean Kuraly - 2g 2a (Dublin, Oh / Miami)
Alec Martinez - 1g 9a (Miami)
Max McCormick - 0g 0a (OSU)
JT Miller - 6g 15a (East Palestine, Oh)
Connor Murphy - 2g 5a (Dublin, Oh)
Alex Nedljkovic - 4w .927 save% (Parma, Oh)
Jack Roslovic - 5g 9a (Columbus, Oh / Miami)
Kiefer Sherwood - 0g 2a (New Albany, Oh / Miami)
Kole Sherwood - AHL (New Albany, Oh)
Reilly Smith 4g 4a (Miami)
Sean Walker - 0g 2a (BG)

Also, 6 people born in Ohio have played this season, including a goalie, so we could field an all-Ohio NHL unit of

JT Miller - Jack Roslovic - Kiefer Sherwood
Connor Murphy - Sean Kuraly
Alex Nedljkovic

I put Kuraly at D because he has been in more fights in his career than Sherwood. And I needed some kind of tie breaker.

I wonder how many states can put 5 skaters and a goalie together with guys who have played in the NHL this season.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Here is a check in on how NHLers with an Ohio connection (Miami, OSU, BG, from Ohio) are doing.

Dakota Joshua, who played collegiately at Ohio State, made his NHL debut this week and scored a goal in his first game.

Matt Barkowski - 0g 0a (OSU)
Louis Belpedio - 0g 0a (Miami)
Blake Coleman - 4g 5a +7 (Miami)
Ryan Carpenter - 4g 0a (BG)
Austin Czarnick - 0g 0a (Miami)
Zac Dalpe - taxi squad (OSU)
Ryan Dzingle - 3g 2a (OSU
Mark Friedman - 1g 1a (BG)
Andy Greene - 0g 2a (Miami)
Dakota Joshua - 1g 0a (OSU)
Sean Kuraly - 2g 2a (Dublin, Oh / Miami)
Alec Martinez - 1g 9a (Miami)
Max McCormick - 0g 0a (OSU)
JT Miller - 6g 15a (East Palestine, Oh)
Connor Murphy - 2g 5a (Dublin, Oh)
Alex Nedljkovic - 4w .927 save% (Parma, Oh)
Jack Roslovic - 5g 9a (Columbus, Oh / Miami)
Kiefer Sherwood - 0g 2a (New Albany, Oh / Miami)
Kole Sherwood - AHL (New Albany, Oh)
Reilly Smith 4g 4a (Miami)
Sean Walker - 0g 2a (BG)

Also, 6 people born in Ohio have played this season, including a goalie, so we could field an all-Ohio NHL unit of

JT Miller - Jack Roslovic - Kiefer Sherwood
Connor Murphy - Sean Kuraly
Alex Nedljkovic

I put Kuraly at D because he has been in more fights in his career than Sherwood. And I needed some kind of tie breaker.

I wonder how many states can put 5 skaters and a goalie together with guys who have played in the NHL this season.
You can add Connor McDonald to that list. He is from Westerville OH, played in the Columbus AAA, playing four years at Bowling Green and is now playing for the Monsters on a pro try out. Last season and earlier this season was with the Indy Fuel, ECHL.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Big Ten hockey tournament starts on Sunday.

Big Ten Conference

OSU plays Michigan Sunday 8:30 on the Big Ten Network.

Michigan is loaded with future NHLers including likely high 2021 draft picks Owen Power, Matthew Beniers, and Kent Johnson. Plus Vegas’ 1st round pick from last year Brendan Brisson. Owen Power could be the first overall pick.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
PLD has 2 points in last 8 games

Josh Anderson has 3 points in last 11 games.

Not impressed

We knew Anderson would come back down to earth. That’s not surprising. He’s still doing josh Anderson things.

PLDick will be better. Unfortunately. He’s going to be a stud

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The Jackets look like the reincarnation of the 75-76 Canadiens compared to Buffalo.

The Sabres are ghastly.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hall has 2 goals the entire season. Doubt he’d be much better in Columbus

yeah. Maybe a bullet dodged there. Although I think Hall and Laine could be good together

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Hall's PDO is .932. Incredibly unlucky so far. He'd be a great "buy low" kind of guy as his underlyings are actually really good.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
ugh got to feel for that fanbase. Brutal.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't. I remember their fans invading NWA like a bunch of locusts back when they were actually good and acting like complete ass hats. After the game, (which the Jackets won), one of them tried to pick a fight with me on the way out simply because I was the biggest guy in the neighborhood. I see what they are going through right now and don't feel one bit of sorrow for them.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but I don't. I remember their fans invading NWA like a bunch of locusts back when they were actually good and acting like complete ass hats. After the game, (which the Jackets won), one of them tried to pick a fight with me on the way out simply because I was the biggest guy in the neighborhood. I see what they are going through right now and don't feel one bit of sorrow for them.

Fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad