Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Former Jackets prospect Keegan Kolesar, who the Jackets traded to Vegas for the Texier draft pick, has made the Knights this year. He has two assists so far, neither worth watching.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
John Forslund to be the first TV announcer for Seattle. Hope we still get to hear him on national NBC/NBCSN games, as he's awesome IMHO.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Are you planning on doing your former player tracking this year? Because I really liked it.

PLD
Nuti
Murray
Wennberg

are newcomers joining our old friends

Bob
Calvert
Cole
Duchene
Duclair
Dzingle
Johansen
Johnson
Karlsson
Marchessault
McElhinney
Panarin
Saad
Voracek

I don’t know whether we want to watch former draft picks that were traded like Kolesar, Davidsson, or Abramov.

Do we care about Shore?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Are you planning on doing your former player tracking this year? Because I really liked it.

PLD
Nuti
Murray
Wennberg

Bob
Calvert
Cole
Duchene
Duclair
Dzingle
Johansen
Johnson
Karlsson
Marchessault
McElhinney
Panarin
Saad
Voracek

I don’t know whether we want to watch former draft picks that were traded like Kolesar, Davidsson, or Abramov.

Do we care about Shore?

Have you been reading this thread? I'm considering renaming it "Ex-Jackets Thread".

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I went ahead and took a quick peek. (Stuck in a boring meeting.)

PLD - just traded
Murray - 0g 0a (He has played 6 games!)
Nuti - hasn’t played yet (COVID)
Shore - 1g 0a
Wennberg - 0g 2a

Bob - 2 games 2 wins, 3.35 gaa
Calvert - 0g 1a
Carter - 1g 5a
Cole - 0g 0a (+4)
Duchene - 0g 2a
Duclair - 0g 4a (4 points in 3 games, but I knew he wouldnt score in the shootout)
Dzingle - 1g 0a
Johansen - 0g 2a
Johnson - 0g 0a (-4)
Karlsson - 2g 1a
Marchessault - 1g 4a
McElhinney - 0 games (COVID)
Milano - 0g 0a (on IR)
Panarin - 2g 4a
Saad - 3g 0a (-7)
Voracek - 1g 7a

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Carter’s numbers are surprising, but I haven’t looked deeper. Voracek and Panarin are as expected. Saad with 3 goals, but look at that +/-! I am happy that Murray has played 6 games. Those Nashville guys aren’t making us miss them.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What, you want us to talk about Kirill Kaprizov having 6 points in 7 games for the Wild and then extrapolate that to our own hidden gem KHL picks?

Lol nice.

I get the attraction. And I'm not in here constantly complaining about it or telling people to knock it off (operative word being constantly, I will own having pointed put the ex-Jackets-ness of this thread in the past).

But my reactions to it (and I'll also own that these are my reactions and I'm not presuming anyone else does or should agree with me) are that it's overly heavy on the "woe is me, look at what these guys are doing" nature of the fanbase and that I wish we had more fans of the sport/league and not just the team. It's my issue and I'll manage.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Quite amazing that we’re doing much better with a pretty average roster and without Laine than NYR with tons of talent on their team

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

PLD
Nuti
Murray
Wennberg

Bob
Calvert
Cole
Duchene
Duclair
Dzingle
Johansen
Johnson
Karlsson
Marchessault
McElhinney
Panarin
Saad
Voracek

Do we care about Shore?

I can - just figured after 5-6 games (and less, in some cases) wouldn't be that interesting. There was also some consternation about focusing on ex-Jackets too much in this thread.

Reactions: koteka

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Lol nice.

I get the attraction. And I'm not in here constantly complaining about it or telling people to knock it off (operative word being constantly, I will own having pointed put the ex-Jackets-ness of this thread in the past).

But my reactions to it (and I'll also own that these are my reactions and I'm not presuming anyone else does or should agree with me) are that it's overly heavy on the "woe is me, look at what these guys are doing" nature of the fanbase and that I wish we had more fans of the sport/league and not just the team. It's my issue and I'll manage.

I view it like an “How are ex Buckeyes doing in the NFL?” article. I am interested in ex Blue Jackets, and I am interested in ex Miami and ex OSU players, and I am interested in Ohio kids, especially Columbus kids.

Also, this might soon become the “other Finnish players not on the Jackets talk” given all our new fans. :wg:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It was either about the frequency of the updates or focusing on players who have long moved on. I'm not sure...2020 was so long ago.

Last few posts I’ve admitted to being that guy...

Now we’re talking.

This is quite the news. Hope he’s ok. Was gods-honest-truth one of my favorite players as a kid growing up in Pittsburgh.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Personally my interest in ex-Jackets is because I enjoy following players where I know more of their story. It's just interesting. I'm never going to do the maudlin woe-is-us crap.

I went ahead and took a quick peek. (Stuck in a boring meeting.)

PLD - just traded
Murray - 0g 0a (He has played 6 games!)
Nuti - hasn’t played yet (COVID)
Shore - 1g 0a
Wennberg - 0g 2a

Bob - 2 games 2 wins, 3.35 gaa
Calvert - 0g 1a
Carter - 1g 5a
Cole - 0g 0a (+4)
Duchene - 0g 2a
Duclair - 0g 4a (4 points in 3 games, but I knew he wouldnt score in the shootout)
Dzingle - 1g 0a
Johansen - 0g 2a
Johnson - 0g 0a (-4)
Karlsson - 2g 1a
Marchessault - 1g 4a
McElhinney - 0 games (COVID)
Milano - 0g 0a (on IR)
Panarin - 2g 4a
Saad - 3g 0a (-7)
Voracek - 1g 7a

I'll just add my notes because I've watched many of these guys closely

- Murray hasn't scored but he's been exactly the sort of stabilizing presence that the Devils defence needed. People have said he looks like Andy Greene 2.0, and they're calling for him to be extended. The top pair is Murray-Subban, and though I can't say that I know Murray is responsible for Subban playing better, that is the sort of thing Murray does for his D partners.

- Devin Shore got that one shorty, and other than that just doesn't drive good results, just like he didn't in Columbus. But funny enough he's still better than Jujhar Khaira, so he's been in the lineup consistently, and I'd argue that he's better than Kyle Turris, who is brutal. Oilers bottom six is awful, makes me appreciate guys like Nash and Robinson who don't get scored on every game (or all season in our case so far).

- Wennberg is obviously playing well so far. We all saw his good defensive plays yesterday.

- Calvert is still Calvert. Bednar has mentioned trying to rest him for the playoffs so they have him when they need him. He's still fearless but could be close to a career ending concussion, if he has another.

- They're really excited about Milano in Anaheim. He fits well with Getzlaf so far.

Reactions: koteka

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Here is a look at Ohio guys - these are guys from Ohio like JT Miller or Connor Murphy and/or guys who played at Miami, BG, or OSU. I think in the future we can claim Jake Sanderson as an Ohio kid. Let me know if I have missed anyone.

Blake Coleman - 2g 1a
Ryan Carpenter - 0g 0a
Austin Czarnick - taxi squad
Zac Dalpe - AHL
Dzingle - 1g 0a
Mark Friedman - 0g 0a
Andy Greene - 0g 0a
Sean Kuraly - 0g 0a
Alec Martinez - 0g 5a
JT Miller - 0g 5a
Connor Murphy - 2g 3a
Jack Roslovic -
Kiefer Sherwood - 0g 1a
Kole Sherwood - AHL
Sean Walker - 0g 2a

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What, you want us to talk about Kirill Kaprizov having 6 points in 7 games for the Wild and then extrapolate that to our own hidden gem KHL picks?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like our boys have that kind of game-breaking talent, even if they have very impressive boxcars for their age. One of the reasons they are the top young scorers in the KHL is that they're each very responsible two-way guys, so they've been trusted with a lot of minutes. We're getting good well-rounded players, but they don't look like Kaprizov when you watch them. Kaprizov could be Panarin.

Marchenko is like Pavel Buchnevich with a better two-way game.

Chinakhov is like Oliver Bjorkstrand.

I think those work both as upsides and stylistic comparisons.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Wonder who will take that job. Who wants to be the GM in Pittsburgh to preside over the decline and then be fired for the next GM to do the rebuild?

Inheriting Crosby and malkin, even in their older years, is something a lot of hopeful GMs would sign up for.

Plus the ownership there is all about spending to win. It’s an attractive job. (For another 3-5 years at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad