Around Hockey XIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
why would the owners lockout now? Plus they can't for the 10 duration of the CBA. By then they will have collected 4+ billion from this tv deal alone.
Only the Columbus blue jackets can help themselves now. Start winning then more people show up. Make the playoffs then you can collect the 1- million per home game. The more you win the better your chances of making money and signing better players. The onus is on these smaller clubs to get better. Why is this team still in this suck mode after all this time? Changed the coach gm the core players even a different goalie. Hell even changed conferences to the worst division.

Reading comprehension is a great thing. I said the potential for a lockout would be after this CBA expires. Why would they lock the players out? Easy, deals like this make hockey related revenue increase, which means the players get more and the cap goes up. Whose going to complain the most that they're not making money? Say it with me...The Owners. Hence, a reason for locking the players out. If contract demands go higher over the next several years, and some owners are dumb enough to them, the owners will only have themselves to blame for the situation. The league seems to be caught in a vicious cycle.

Also, I said that we'll continue to flounder until our player development is up to snuff, kind of implies the onus is on the club. It's why we've sucked for so long, however it looks like we've turned the corner, we have a lot of good talent on the roster. As bad as we've played this year, we're I believe only three points out of a playoff spot. We'll contend in this division. We're beat up right now, but once healthy, this club will be more than competitive and might be able to string together another run in the second half.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Interesting ... really, the cap hit for a guy who is a serviceable guy that can play anywhere from #4-#6 is right about on par with the rest of the league ... surprised nobody took him.

I read from a Phoenix poster that he's been really off his game since his latest concussion. Perhaps the Phoenix insiders don't expect him to recover.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Based on this Canadian TV deal, it looks like the cap is going up, up, up. Already murmurs that they'll be another lockout after this CBA expires. The rich teams will rocket up the standings and teams like us will continue to flounder until our player development is up to snuff. It will be interesting.

I don't get the lockout bit, the new hockey revenue is even split, and its really hard in any negotiation to move things away from 50/50 once you're already there.

I also don't think you're right vis-a-vis the rich/poor dynamic. This new money is split evenly between clubs, at worst split even among the American group and a somewhat higher even split for the Canadian group, right? Perhaps if it's fully countered by a fall in revenue sharing, but I doubt it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Checking out Game Center for today reminds me of the old Mighty Carnac routines

Rangers-Bruins, Blues-Sharks & Jackets-Oilers

What are 2 great games and left over turkey? :laugh:

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Saw this on Reddit.

Erhoff's GWG, pay close attention to where the puck goes

oPtXtas.jpg

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He must be great at miniature golf. :laugh:. That one went through, what, the 15 hole? :laugh:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Rangers, Flyers and Devils all lose tonight. Good night for the Jackets in terms of keeping the division bunched. Keep losing Metro-ites!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
damn...there goes trade board fun this spring

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Announcement re: Lundqvist extension coming soon.

EDIT: HOLY ****

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 38s
Vague details. Hearing 7 years and $8+ mil per for Lundqvist.

EDIT2: HOLY EFFING ****

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 27s
7 years, $8.5 per is believed to Lundqvist's extension agreement.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Glad to see a divisional rival give up way too much for a goalie whose best years are likely behind him.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
16.3 per year for Nash and Lundqvist. With the cap going up, this is no big deal for the Rangers.

The cap should jump up quite a bit after next year, but even then I think we'll come to think of Lundqvist as overpaid for many years. This is his first season without Tortorella and he's been average.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad