Around Hockey XIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Mason winning tonight... he's close to .500 with great numbers... .931/2.13 this year, Philly might be making a turn....

Stopped a Turris PS too.... he looked good.

He's a good goalie, he always was. He just needed a spark, and the trade was the spark.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
doesn't sound good for Pekke Renne

Mike Halford ‏@HalfordPHT 1m
Report: Preds, Ducks discussed potential Hiller trade

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NJ, Phily, Rags, Pitt all lost or are losing big...and we win...a good night all around...

5 pts from 3rd currently...

bizzz*

NJ, Phily, Rags, Pitt all lost or are losing big...and we win...a good night all around...

5 pts from 3rd currently...

3 points. We're just 3 points behind NYR.
I hope the Flyers and Rangers are back to the sucking land.

bester vaive

Fear the Titan!
Nov 8, 2010
Good luck to Rusty! Still see a few fans in his jersey at each game...Cue the "Thank you, Jim Day," video.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Anyone doubting me still that the business of hockey in Canada has exploded upwards in the last twenty years? The NHL just signed a 12 year $5.2 Billion dollar deal with Rogers. That dwarfs all other deals the NHL has ever signed, north or south of the border. I don't know if its going to be good business for Rogers. Put TSN and CBC and sportsnet together and they don't have the revenue now to justify it, so it all depends on revenue growth.

Either way, do the Jackets get a share? If its even per team and a 50/50 split with the players its $7 million per year per team. That's huge for our franchise.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone doubting me still that the business of hockey in Canada has exploded upwards in the last twenty years? The NHL just signed a 12 year $5.2 Billion dollar deal with Rogers. That dwarfs all other deals the NHL has ever signed, north or south of the border. I don't know if its going to be good business for Rogers. Put TSN and CBC and sportsnet together and they don't have the revenue now to justify it, so it all depends on revenue growth.

Either way, do the Jackets get a share? If its even per team and a 50/50 split with the players its $7 million per year per team. That's huge for our franchise.

Yep it's huge. I believe that the Canadian teams get some kind of extra 'invasion fee' off the top, but it will be something like 5 million coming to the Jackets every year.

Can't believe TSN got shut out, but I can see how they couldn't match that price.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yep it's huge. I believe that the Canadian teams get some kind of extra 'invasion fee' off the top, but it will be something like 5 million coming to the Jackets every year.

Can't believe TSN got shut out, but I can see how they couldn't match that price.

Couldn't match that price! You got that right, $5.2Billion? Somewhere Gary Bettman is in a hottub. I don't know if he's a coke and hookers kind of guy but I hope he's enjoying his night.

CrazyCanucks

Jun 8, 2005

There is no doubt that this is good for the NHL and its players. Everyone gets $$$.

Its not like TSN was a small player as they are owned by Bell. Bell and Rogers are #1 and #2 Media companies in Canada. Both Bell and Rogers each own 37.5% of the Maples Leafs Sports and Entertainment, which includes the Leafs, NBA Raptors, MLS TFC, AHL Marlies and the ACC arena where the Leafs and Raptors play. Bettman just made Rogers pay a bigger price than Bell. CBC is a public broadcaster and could never pay that much money, as it would be funded by the taxpayers.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Based on this Canadian TV deal, it looks like the cap is going up, up, up. Already murmurs that they'll be another lockout after this CBA expires. The rich teams will rocket up the standings and teams like us will continue to flounder until our player development is up to snuff. It will be interesting.

CrazyCanucks

Jun 8, 2005
Based on this Canadian TV deal, it looks like the cap is going up, up, up. Already murmurs that they'll be another lockout after this CBA expires. The rich teams will rocket up the standings and teams like us will continue to flounder until our player development is up to snuff. It will be interesting.
why would the owners lockout now? Plus they can't for the 10 duration of the CBA. By then they will have collected 4+ billion from this tv deal alone.
Only the Columbus blue jackets can help themselves now. Start winning then more people show up. Make the playoffs then you can collect the 1- million per home game. The more you win the better your chances of making money and signing better players. The onus is on these smaller clubs to get better. Why is this team still in this suck mode after all this time? Changed the coach gm the core players even a different goalie. Hell even changed conferences to the worst division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad