Around Hockey XIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
G-d damn you to hell, Pittsburgh. You hopeless ****ing losers.

If that was us in the 3rd, we'd at least have put up a damn fight. Something other than the "skate in through the middle and get surrounded by four defenders" or "chip in along the boards with nobody anywhere nearby" garbage they kept doing. When I find myself praising Marcel Goc for taking a shot at the net so there can be an offensive zone faceoff for at least the ILLUSION of a chance AND THEN YOU BLOW IT ANYWAYS...

Hopeless ****ing losers. Damn them. Prevent defense against for 20 minutes and they can't do a damn thing.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
G-d damn you to hell, Pittsburgh. You hopeless ****ing losers.

If that was us in the 3rd, we'd at least have put up a damn fight. Something other than the "skate in through the middle and get surrounded by four defenders" or "chip in along the boards with nobody anywhere nearby" garbage they kept doing. When I find myself praising Marcel Goc for taking a shot at the net so there can be an offensive zone faceoff for at least the ILLUSION of a chance AND THEN YOU BLOW IT ANYWAYS...

Hopeless ****ing losers. Damn them. Prevent defense against for 20 minutes and they can't do a damn thing.

You must have missed last year's playoffs.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I admit I wasn't watching the Pens. If that's how they play when the game's on the line I don't think I'd want to. Ugh.

They had no option from a game plan/scheme/coaching standpoint when confronted with a successful defensive plan. Extremely frustrating. (for those who wanted them to win of course)

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Caps up 3-1 over the Leafs after one period. I suppose as long as it's not a three point game I'm ok with either team winning. We'll have two games in hand on both teams after today.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Division games are always really toss ups in our division, except for maybe the Isles. I wouldn't put TOO much stock into the Flyers beating PIT twice, but if they win 2 of the next four (LA, DAL, CHI, and STL) I would pencil them in, because they deserve it if they hold their own during that stretch. They also have a busy schedule, when they only have a day off between games for the rest of the month, with no back to backs and no two day breaks.

Actually, the Flyers are done with two day breaks for the rest of the year. They have one back to back and thats the last two games of their season vs PIT and CAR. They play every other day for the rest of the season, at minimum.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Good thing that the Leafs lost. If we can stay ahead of them in the standings we'll probably have a nice "wild card cushion".

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Hopefully the Sharks don't blow this. They're playing very un-Shark-like, tanking and hoping to win 1-0.

Jackets will have 2 games in hand if this holds up. Need to make them count, especially against some of the weaker teams we see coming up.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Niemi was awesome today, only reason the Sharks were even in the game.

Great win for the Sharks, and good result for the CBJ.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm loving the Jets these days. They're sort of like the Jackets only with extreme ADD. Young, big, fast, and all over the place. How many teams do you know are liable to give up multiple breakaways on a single shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00