Around Hockey XIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I'm ok with where we sit right now to be honest. 2 games in hand against the Rangers.

Flyers have a brutal stretch coming up: Pit, @Pit, Chi, Dal, Stl...if they win 2 of those I'd be impressed.

Caps have a brutal 4 game stretch against California teams up next.

New Jersey crapped the bed vs Florida tonight, leaving them out of striking distance for now, and with one more game played.

Finally, Detroit has a tough 5 games coming up as well with games @ Chi, vs Tor, vs Pit, home and home vs Min.

Barring a sudden collapse of the way we are playing our games, we should be able to make the playoffs with relative ease. It will take continued hard work on our end, but I like the way things are shaping up for this next week.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm ok with where we sit right now to be honest. 2 games in hand against the Rangers.

Flyers have a brutal stretch coming up: Pit, @Pit, Chi, Dal, Stl...if they win 2 of those I'd be impressed.

Caps have a brutal 4 game stretch against California teams up next.

New Jersey crapped the bed vs Florida tonight, leaving them out of striking distance for now, and with one more game played.

Finally, Detroit has a tough 5 games coming up as well with games @ Chi, vs Tor, vs Pit, home and home vs Min.

Deleted the last paragraph of your post to appease the hockey gods. The Jackets control their own destiny but there is a long road ahead still.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
It took a shootout at home for Detroit to beat the Oilers. They don't many gimmes like that the rest of the way. 2 of the next 3 against Chicago and Pittsburgh. I don't see how they can overcome injuries and sneak in.

Sucks that the Caps won but that's their last easy home game before a brutal stretch (unless you count Toronto, in which case either team losing isn't bad for us).

Rangers are gonna be there all year. I'm expecting them to win so it's not such a bummer.

The Devils was a real surprise. Losing to the Panthers is the kind of inexcusable result teams in their position can't afford. 3 of their next 5 are against fellow WC type competitors (TB, NYR, TOR); the other 2 are against Boston and Tampa.

Shaping up good for the Jackets. Our schedule looks favorable compared to most teams I've looked at. In the next 9 games we play Carolina twice, Florida, Detroit and NY Islanders. We also get the Habs and Leafs, vast overachievers IMO (look at how we've dominated Toronto). And the Rangers, so a chance at a huge 4-point type game in the division. The only elite opponent is Pittsburgh, and that's at NWA.

If the Jackets don't make it, I won't be disappointed (like last year), I'll be beyond pissed. We are a better team than almost everyone we're competing with (ROW, goal differential, eye test), and our schedule is less difficult than most of those teams as well. We better pull this off!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
We also get the Habs and Leafs, vast overachievers IMO (look at how we've dominated Toronto).

Boy Montreal seems to be a wreck right now. Hope they don't find their way before next Thursday's game. Unfortunately, though, we are done with Leafs for the year unless we meet up in 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs.

The CBJ are in great shape...the team plays the way they've been playing and they'll get in. A 2nd/3rd place in Metro would be super. I think we would match-up well against any of the other Metro team in that spot.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Overconfidence: a totally new experience in Jacketdom!

Just want to let you know that it is not 100%. I'm still 50% optimistic, 50% waiting for the collapse. That served me well during last year's run. Maybe I should go 51-49 to get us over the hump?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Always a bummer when NHL Network taps into the Philly homer broadcast for their national games. They are without a doubt the whiniest group I've ever heard in the NHL. Not to mention the drunk uncle they have constantly shouting into the mic from ice level (don't know who this person is).

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Philly is taking it to Pit
Haven't watched the 2nd period but yeah, Philly has been dominating Pittsburgh. In the first period, it seemed like Philly had more chances when they were short handed then Pitts when they were a man up. After they got the 2nd goal on the PK, I thought they were going to score again.
Hopefully Columbus see's the score(plus last nights scores) and they get extra pumped tonight.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Only good thing about Pitts getting embarrassed is I would think they don't want to have a repeat against Philly tomorrow so they should have a bounce back game. Or here's hoping.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The Steve Mason curse over the Blue Jackets continues ... 18 saves through 2 periods so far.

Someone get a voodoo doll of him already!

82686.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I see our season coming down to the games vs the Rangers, Red Wings, and Flyers. Looks like those will be humungous

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I see our season coming down to the games vs the Rangers, Red Wings, and Flyers. Looks like those will be humungous

The Jackets are either believers or pretenders... The team has the tools to make the playoffs, the question is.. "Do they have the heart"...

Enough talk about other teams, the Jackets must do this on their own... it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad