Around Hockey XIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Leafs losing was perfect for us. They're just not very good, and thankfully they don't have any gimme games left to steal points from. They'll have to earn it and I don't think they're good enough to do that.

Would be great if it came down to us vs Detroit. We still have 2 games left against them.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We won our game; but a lot of good teams not helping us out. Seems like the Pens are going to lose to everyone; but you just know they'll come in and beat us.

Kind of what happens when you have veteran teams that just aren't smart enough to realize they should just be fading. lol

Hate the Flyers; but you have to respect that run they're putting together with that schedule.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Leafs losing was perfect for us. They're just not very good, and thankfully they don't have any gimme games left to steal points from. They'll have to earn it and I don't think they're good enough to do that.

Would be great if it came down to us vs Detroit. We still have 2 games left against them.

Look. We can state they aren't near ready for a run at the Cup; but this "not very good" stuff is overblown. They are a top 10 team in this conference and they just need a little tweaking to move up to the top 5 or 6.

Let's not forget this "not very good team" took Boston to 7 games last season and had a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period before their epic collapse.

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Kind of what happens when you have veteran teams that just aren't smart enough to realize they should just be fading. lol

Saw a Maple Leaf's poster say something to the effect:

"Good god! Detroit won't go away. They crave the playoffs like a vampire craves blood." :laugh:

They remind me of last year...they just bum along playing average hockey, then when they fell out of a playoff spot with about 2 weeks to go, they flip their switch to "playoff mode" earning 11 out of possible 14 points in last 7 games, including winning their last 4 games, to push us out of playoffs:shakehead

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Look. We can state they aren't near ready for a run at the Cup; but this "not very good" stuff is overblown. They are a top 10 team in this conference and they just need a little tweaking to move up to the top 5 or 6.

Only 8 teams in all of hockey have fewer ROW. They're minus -11 in goal differential and are one of the very worst in puck possession and defensive play. They rely in goals off the rush and the shootout (winning or losing it). They're not a very good hockey team.

I don't really care to debate it one way or the other, all I'm worried about is how it affects the Jackets and I hope it's by the Jackets' superior all-around play earning them enough points to make the jump. Hopefully the Leafs don't tank into too many more shootouts.

Let's not forget this "not very good team" took Boston to 7 games last season and had a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period before their epic collapse.

They deserve credit for that series, although it's not surprising they had one of the worst chokes in the history of professional hockey.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Only 8 teams in all of hockey have fewer ROW. They're minus -11 in goal differential and are one of the very worst in puck possession and defensive play. They rely in goals off the rush and the shootout (winning or losing it). They're not a very good hockey team.

It's always amusing when advanced stats guys try and figure out how teams that live on the edge still win games.

They are a streaky team, with some streak point producers, with some inconsistent goal tending. But when they put it all together; they are actually one of the better teams in the East.

An illustration of that is their recent 4 wins in 5 games stretch. They beat the Rangers, Flyers, Ducks, and Kings while losing to the Sharks; then promptly lost 3 straight to some middle of the pack teams. Also with that team if you grind it out to OT you've got a great chance to win it.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Hate the Flyers; but you have to respect that run they're putting together with that schedule.

That's for sure. I have always wanted Mason to do well wherever he went because of what he did for us, and then what he tried to do for us in situations in which I'm sure the vast majority of people would find very trying.

But lately I'm thinking of starting to stop pulling for ol' number 1

(I don't really mean that though. I want the Flyers to collapse but I don't want Mason to.)

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Big Wild fan this weekend. If they somehow sweep Detroit, and the Jackets take care of business tomorrow, Tuesday's game could be about separation.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Hopefully this will be the game where Minnesota finally comes through for us. Go Wild! Go Devils! Never in my life did I ever imagine saying this, "Go Blues!"

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ryan Kesler ‏@Ryan_Kesler 6h
Congrats to @OhioState_MHKY on a big win! Best of luck in the B1G championship game!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad