Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
(was born in 1984 ... feeling completely out of my realm right now)

As for age perhaps... your posts are pretty good though... ;)

As for the Rangers, I'm sort of surpised they are down 3-0 to the Broons but like it... The series is not over but it looks like the Ranger Jacket boys will be at their Lake Houses for Memorial Day as usual...

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

jacketman10

May 18, 2010
Hilliard, OH
I would love to see the Rags get swept. It's nice to know you have 4 more possible chances to secure just a single victory. I feel much better about one of our additional draft picks now. The other not so much right now.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I would love to see the Rags get swept. It's nice to know you have 4 more possible chances to secure just a single victory. I feel much better about one of our additional draft picks now. The other not so much right now.

Sharks are the better team

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
As of right here, here's how the draft order for playoff teams looks. Bolded are clinched positions.

15 - NY Islanders
16 - Buffalo (acquired from Minnesota)
17 - Ottawa
18 - Detroit
19 - NY Rangers
20 - San Jose
21 - Toronto
22 - Los Angeles
23 - St. Louis
24 - Boston
25 - Washington
26 - Vancouver
27 - Montreal
28 - Anaheim
29 - Pittsburgh
30 - Chicago

Teams that win in this round will drop down to #27 or later, thus pushing everyone else up higher to fill that spot.

Best case scenario would involve a final four of Detroit and San Jose in the West, and Ottawa against Boston in the East. This would knock the Rangers' pick to #17, and the Kings' to #19. Thus, Columbus would have #14, #17, and #19.

Worst case scenario would be New York and Los Angeles meeting in the Cup Final, in which case it would be #14, #29, and #30.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
As of right here, here's how the draft order for playoff teams looks. Bolded are clinched positions.

15 - NY Islanders
16 - Buffalo (acquired from Minnesota)
17 - Ottawa
18 - Detroit
19 - NY Rangers
20 - San Jose
21 - Toronto
22 - Los Angeles
23 - St. Louis
24 - Boston
25 - Washington
26 - Vancouver
27 - Montreal
28 - Anaheim
29 - Pittsburgh
30 - Chicago

Teams that win in this round will drop down to #27 or later, thus pushing everyone else up higher to fill that spot.

Best case scenario would involve a final four of Detroit and San Jose in the West, and Ottawa against Boston in the East. This would knock the Rangers' pick to #17, and the Kings' to #19. Thus, Columbus would have #14, #17, and #19.

Worst case scenario would be New York and Los Angeles meeting in the Cup Final, in which case it would be #14, #29, and #30.

Fine. go *gulp* wings.

:cry:

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Good night for the picks. It will be interesting to see the rangers reaction in the offseason Regardless of what happens.

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
This is for Pete; 1940 was my first REDWING game. I watched my dad play in an American Legion hockey league every weekend since I could walk.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
This is for Pete; 1940 was my first REDWING game. I watched my dad play in an American Legion hockey league every weekend since I could walk.

You're making me feel like a pup, Matt, maybe I'll go out and walk 18, today!

Nah, riding for 9 will do just fine!

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Pete, I am lucky if I can make it up the stairs, much less ride a bike.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
Question out of curiosity; Rick Nash has been an utter no-show in the playoffs. Not scoring, not going to the net, avoiding physical contact like the plague. Trying to beat 3 defenders with a finesse deke instead of chipping and chasing pucks or passing to open teammates. Refusing to compete along the boards/in front of the net. Not hitting anyone. Needing a GPS to find the defensive zone.

Now obviously as an Islander fan, this isn't bothering me, but he has been so bad it's been impossible to not take extra notice. He isn't a player I watched much of outside the highlight reel when he was in Columbus, so I'll ask you guys, does his playoff "performance" surprise you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad