Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
This Rangers @ Bruins game has been a good one. I can't believe Torey Krug didn't get drafted.

You would really be surprised at how many guys play the game that exact same way - and with a similar level of skill - that never even get a sniff at the NHL. All it takes is for one to get into the right system, and earn their way up ... there's a guy in Minnesota (Jared Spurgeon) that I still think is the smartest defenseman I've ever seen in junior hockey, that doesn't get any recognition. It's only a matter of time until he breaks through for them - I saw him playing with Ryan Suter quite a bit this year!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
You would really be surprised at how many guys play the game that exact same way - and with a similar level of skill - that never even get a sniff at the NHL. All it takes is for one to get into the right system, and earn their way up ... there's a guy in Minnesota (Jared Spurgeon) that I still think is the smartest defenseman I've ever seen in junior hockey, that doesn't get any recognition. It's only a matter of time until he breaks through for them - I saw him playing with Ryan Suter quite a bit this year!

Yep. He is just such a good skater though. You would think someone would have drafted him.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yep. He is just such a good skater though. You would think someone would have drafted him.

Size...And he had an underwhelming year in the USHL during his draft year, and really didn't start to show a ton of promise until his second collegiate year.

A classic late bloomer?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Great win for the Bruins. I am really rooting against Nash, I admit it.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Size...And he had an underwhelming year in the USHL during his draft year, and really didn't start to show a ton of promise until his second collegiate year.

A classic late bloomer?

I guess. Just always surprises me when someone like this doesn't get drafted at all.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Why?

And nice Subbanesque sucker punch on Campbell after he went to the ice.

Lets Go Bruins. No Capitals like collapse please.

sentimental reasons. Just love what he brings intangibles-wise. Also like how he responded when Vinny was brought on board and it showed in his game.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
If the Wed Wings win tonight I may cut off a finger.... I can't believe how many games they have won in the last month on the back of Howard and 4 or 5 additional players...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i like how all the Red Wing players pretend to be tough guys then looking for the ref to come in and break the scrum up...pitiful...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not sure I believe Detroit scores TWO goals in 30 seconds… The Hawks may feel entitled too… Where are freaking Kane and Towes? Where is the Hawk defense? Crazy.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not sure I believe Detroit scores TWO goals in 30 seconds… The Hawks may feel entitled too… Where are freaking Kane and Towes? Where is the Hawk defense? Crazy.

Bizarre response. There are two teams on the ice and Detroit can score goals. They may have finally adjusted to life after Lindstrom.

Your entitlement comments have me scratching my head a bit.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bizarre response. There are two teams on the ice and Detroit can score goals. They may have finally adjusted to life after Lindstrom.

Your entitlement comments have me scratching my head a bit.

Oh my, do you over think everything in life Blah? This is the all-around hockey thread dedicated to covering the real-time playoffs as well as more, not an indictment of opinion at every turn.... have some fun dude... fun is good..geez.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't have the hate for Detroit that many of you have. I love to watch Z & Datsyuk play and the Wings style in general.

I'd also love to see them oust the Hawks and meet the Sharks in the West finals.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Don't have the hate for Detroit that many of you have. I love to watch Z & Datsyuk play and the Wings style in general.

I'd also love to see them oust the Hawks and meet the Sharks in the West finals.

I hate the Wings.... I thought they were old and done 10 years ago yet they still find a way to win... as much as that pisses me off one must give them credit (great organization). I'm as excited to see how they do in the East as much as us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad