Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Don't have the hate for Detroit that many of you have. I love to watch Z & Datsyuk play and the Wings style in general.

I'd also love to see them oust the Hawks and meet the Sharks in the West finals.

Me too. I don't like the Wings, but I don't like the Hawks either. I'd like to see a Detroit - Sharks matchup, as that's the one that helps out the Jackets the most.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well, Detroit will win tonight... The next game will be different, the Hawks know if they lose again they lose the series... It should be 2-2 going back to Chicago... if not the Wings could be on the road to another Stanley Cup...

It will be fun to watch.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Detroit looks like a team poised. Looks like a cake wal kfor the Kings if they win tonight.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well, Detroit will win tonight... The next game will be different, the Hawks know if they lose again they lose the series... It should be 2-2 going back to Chicago... if not the Wings could be on the road to another Stanley Cup...

It will be fun to watch.

Quenneville better come up with a plan to combat the Wings' systematic interference on defense.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Quenneville better come up with a plan to combat the Wings' systematic interference on defense.

True... I'm growing very tired of seeing squid on the ice too... Next season I'm thinking of attempting a new CBJ trend of tossing Lobsters on our ice when we win...

We could have a huge Lobster drop from the rafters signifiing the two great claws of JD and JK... the remaining eight legs can stand for 8 wasted first round draft picks.. :laugh:

It appears there is no NHL rule for tossing dead sea creatures so why can't we???

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Howard was good tonight, damn American....

That said, the called off Hawk goal was highly suspect, even the NBC Sport Network analysts questioned the call... One would think Matt Calvert was playing for the Hawks..

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
This year's Wings remind me a lot of last year's Devils ... no business being in the fold, but some guys are living out their final hurrah. I hope they suffer the same fate that the Devils did this year ...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This year's Wings remind me a lot of last year's Devils ... no business being in the fold, but some guys are living out their final hurrah. I hope they suffer the same fate that the Devils did this year ...

The Wings are harder to do away with than an Earthworm.... It's actaully unreal how they continue to win... no excuses, no complaining.... just do it. The recent (the last 15 years) Detroit organization is a model that should be recognized in the HOF.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The Wings are harder to do away with than an Earthworm.... It's actaully unreal how they continue to win... no excuses, no complaining.... just do it. The recent (the last 15 years) Detroit organization is a model that should be recognized in the HOF.

Give some credit to their coaching staff (two of whom honed their skills with the Spokane Chiefs!) ... Mike Babcock knows hockey, and he's taught everything he knows to Bill Peters. Those guys work so well together, they understand each other, and demand a professional, hard work type approach to the game.

I hate the Red Wings, but find it very hard to cheer against them ... having known Bill Peters and seen him coach up close and personal, I have to say I would love to see him at the top.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Oh my, do you over think everything in life Blah? This is the all-around hockey thread dedicated to covering the real-time playoffs as well as more, not an indictment of opinion at every turn.... have some fun dude... fun is good..geez.

Pretty sure I don't need a lecture from you on "fun", nor confirmation on what the thread is intended for. I was trying to understand where you came up with this "entitlement" stuff. This Hawks teams isn't new to the playoffs, they understand what it takes to win. Same for Detroit.

Detroit won and the Hawks have a test. I, like at least one other, can't seem to get worked up about Detroit winning. Through all my "hate" on teams this season, I didn't really get on Detroit much. They seem to be able to turn it on when they have to. It's kind of frustrating to be honest. They just find ways to win.

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
And to think the Jackets swept the season series for the first time in franchise history. Was a Red Wing fan until the Jackets came on the scene. My father started taking me to Wing's/Blackhawk games in 1940 and we didn't miss one of those games in Detroit until he died in 1968. Used his aunt and uncle's season tickets until they died in 1956. They had season tickets starting in 1926. After that, dad always purchased the tickets.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

More like cockroaches.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
And to think the Jackets swept the season series for the first time in franchise history. Was a Red Wing fan until the Jackets came on the scene. My father started taking me to Wing's/Blackhawk games in 1940 and we didn't miss one of those games in Detroit until he died in 1968. Used his aunt and uncle's season tickets until they died in 1956. They had season tickets starting in 1926. After that, dad always purchased the tickets.

Well, that helps explain why you're always so crotchety!

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Pete, I Stand corrected. I missed 3 years of those games serving in the Military during the Korean War. Far East was an adventure in itself.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Pete, I Stand corrected. I missed 3 years of those games serving in the Military during the Korean War. Far East was an adventure in itself.

An adventure at the best of times, Matt, I can only imagine what it was like at that time! You can be as cranky as you like!

Matt

Jul 30, 2006
Pete, I was 20 at the time and I didn't need anyone to prod me to get my ass in gear.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I felt kind of old at 41 until I wandered in here...

Not only am I impressed by the pedigree and service to our country, I am simply astonished you guys can work your computer well enough to be regulars :)

// Should be an interesting 3rd period. Bruins have carried the play. NYR power play is just piss poor. I don't know that I've seen a worse PP unit in the playoffs in some 20 years.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
// Should be an interesting 3rd period. Bruins have carried the play. NYR power play is just piss poor. I don't know that I've seen a worse PP unit in the playoffs in some 20 years.

Torts should just say f it and roll out a Jackets unit of Nash-Brassard-Dorsett-Moore-Stralman...the Russian Five they ain't

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Torts should just say f it and roll out a Jackets unit of Nash-Brassard-Dorsett-Moore-Stralman...the Russian Five they ain't

In a way (about 25%), it's like watching the Jackets... ;) I don't think the Blue Shirts will be swept though, no way.

Go Broons!!!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Richards has 1 shift in the first 11:00 of the 3rd. wow. 7:34 TOI total. 5:22 Even Strength. 9 shifts total. wow.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
You? I thought I was pretty old until Matt announced he had attended his first hockey game seven years before I was born!

When he spoke about the Korean war I felt like a kid again! (and thought of Mobil Army Surgical Hospital's....M.A.S.H.):laugh: I was born just as that war was starting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad