Around Hockey XI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1206123

1350463474.jpg

So yeah, Perry resigned with the Ducks. Interesting, because I heard throughout the summer that he was gone to Toronto for sure :laugh:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1206123

1350463474.jpg

So yeah, Perry resigned with the Ducks. Interesting, because I heard throughout the summer that he was gone to Toronto for sure :laugh:

Somewhere, Leaf Nation is beginning to cry just a little. All will be calm in an hour though, when one of them creates the following rumor: Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman, and John Tavares are all heading to Toronto in a three team trade. The Isles are getting Grabovski and a 7th round pick, and the Lightning are getting Komisarek, Liles, and next year's 7th round pick. Oh, and the Lightning are picking up half of Stamkos' contract.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Somewhere, Leaf Nation is beginning to cry just a little. All will be calm in an hour though, when one of them creates the following rumor: Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman, and John Tavares are all heading to Toronto in a three team trade. The Isles are getting Grabovski and a 7th round pick, and the Lightning are getting Komisarek, Liles, and next year's 7th round pick. Oh, and the Lightning are picking up half of Stamkos' contract.

Leaf fans are a rare bird, met many over the years at Sabre games... good folks though, just cup deprived.... :)

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Leaf fans are a rare bird, met many over the years at Sabre games... good folks though, just cup deprived.... :)

I know plenty of Leaf fans ... I get a kick out of reminding them that we've made the playoffs more recently than them. You're right, good people, just a bit ... off.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The guys on TSN's TH2N had high praise for Patrick Kane tonight.

"Second best player in the league" - Jamie Mclennan

"One of the best two-way players in the game"

This is news to me (not sarcasm), I hadn't noticed his overall game in a while. Can anyone confirm/reject these statements?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The guys on TSN's TH2N had high praise for Patrick Kane tonight.

"Second best player in the league" - Jamie Mclennan

"One of the best two-way players in the game"

This is news to me (not sarcasm), I hadn't noticed his overall game in a while. Can anyone confirm/reject these statements?

Patrick Kane RW 29 16 21 37 +15 20:14 - 12 pp pts

Throw in a 20% shooting pct and 2 penalty mins and 4 for 7 in SO's I say they might be on to something.

I think his hockey IQ is rising.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Lars Eller is looking really impressive this year. He looks really strong, and has some sick dangles and playmaking. He was always a guy who had really good two way play, but folks weren't sure if he'd ever be more than a shutdown center. Already this year he looks like a 2nd line center, who might still have Ryan Kesler upside.

We are going to be talking a lot more come summer about Jarmo's 2007 draft in St. Louis, and I don't want anyone saying "Eller who? Must be a bust." He's a good find, as is Perron.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 12m

#NYR Can confirm that Rangers GM Glen Sather will undergo surgery in NY Thurs for prostate cancer, as 1st reported by @stevezipay

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
San Jose, who is in 8th place. Is losing 3-1 to Edmonton in the 3rd. If the lose then we will still be tied for 8th, but Edmonton also enters the frame, tying us in points.

EDIT: Annnnd San Jose just tied it...

Last edited:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
San Jose, who is in 8th place. Is losing 3-1 to Edmonton in the 3rd. If the lose then we will still be tied for 8th, but Edmonton also enters the frame, tying us in points.

EDIT: Annnnd San Jose just tied it...

It's too early to start rooting for teams.

If you want to make the playoffs, just root for games that end in regulation. If you want to get the best draft pick possible, root for overtime games.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
It's too early to start rooting for teams.

If you want to make the playoffs, just root for games that end in regulation. If you want to get the best draft pick possible, root for overtime games.

Well they're going to overtime. Now we're no longer tied for 8th.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Sharks win. 2 points out.

3, if you want to get technical. Columbus can finish with 66 points, and right now Detroit is the team with the 8th-most possible points in the West with 69. San Jose is 2 points up in the actual standings, but 4 points ahead in possible points.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Panthers 3:1 Rangers

:yo:

Florida had a shutout going til just over 3 mins, that woulda been nice. Worth noting, a little over a minute left, Rangers down 1, Tortorella puts 5 forwards out for a center ice faceoff... and Nash wasn't one of them. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad