Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Just saw the Ovy infographic, we're tied with Winnipeg for the most amount of goals he's scored on by franchise. Sounds about right.

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
OK, Ovi is great, I get it. But often Ovi seems to have this weird God-aura and the opposing team hesitates to defend on him. Drives me crazy. JMHO.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A little early but just looking at the potential playoff format for this season and it could lead to the most entertaining playoffs in awhile, it's the one year I hope there's no upsets because the 2nd and 3rd rounds are set up to be absolute bloodbaths.

Our division is the lamest though, even with a potential SCF rematch in round 1/2.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Not a bad day. Florida loses in regulation, Dallas in OT, Carolina/CBJ is a two point game. I'll take it.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
A little early but just looking at the potential playoff format for this season and it could lead to the most entertaining playoffs in awhile, it's the one year I hope there's no upsets because the 2nd and 3rd rounds are set up to be absolute bloodbaths.

Our division is the lamest though, even with a potential SCF rematch in round 1/2.

I'm kind of enjoying the possibility, remote as it might be, that we might need to beat three would-be Western teams to reach the Final and then need to beat a would-be Eastern team in the Final.

Imagine getting to the Final and facing Toronto (I said "imagine") or Boston, right? Those would be bloodbaths.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm kind of enjoying the possibility, remote as it might be, that we might need to beat three would-be Western teams to reach the Final and then need to beat a would-be Eastern team in the Final.

Imagine getting to the Final and facing Toronto (I said "imagine") or Boston, right? Those would be bloodbaths.

Yeah Toronto, Colorado, Tampa and Boston would be an insane final 4. I believe they re-seed after the divisional phase so the Semi Finals/Finals could be matches you wouldn't normally see, ex. Tampa vs Colorado in Semis, Tampa vs Toronto in finals.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Yeah Toronto, Colorado, Tampa and Boston would be an insane final 4. I believe they re-seed after the divisional phase so the Semi Finals/Finals could be matches you wouldn't normally see, ex. Tampa vs Colorado in Semis, Tampa vs Toronto in finals.
I actually forgot they would be re-seeding the semi-finals, so I guess the Clarence and Wales trophies won't be handed out this season. Could be some very interesting playoff series this year

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
What are the Devils doing with Nolan Foote? Stupid.

We won't even keep guys like Katchouk or Raddysh on the taxi squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad