Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Kalynuk is an offensive defenseman for the university of Wisconsin. He was their captain this past season. Kalynuk was originally a 7th round pick of the Flyers in 2017.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Well, depending on how the play-ins go, #1 could go to FLA, MTL, or TOR.

He's destined for the Oilers or Penguins though.
cf928650b3e01835e01b1e0f989785c3.png

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I didn't hear much of anything about the Devils job with all the other business going on right now. I did read that Ruff was the leading candidate maybe about a week ago though.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Gerard Gallant, Bruce Boudreau, and Peter Laviollette didn't get the Devils job...

Ruff is a good coach he was butthumped in Buffalo when Petgoula bought the team the team was disassembled of the parts he needed to win another cup. Since then look at how many coaching staffs have rotated thru there. Ruff like Trotz has the ability got get more out of players than they do superstars. With that said the Devils are such a bad team now I doubt Ruff will survive the needed rebuild. Here is one prediction there will be friction between Ruff and Subban resulting in Subban getting benched. t has been a while since PK has given his all this will be good reality TV.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
heh.

Zach Parise among players down on 'dump and chase'
If you hadn’t heard yet, the demise of “dump and chase” hockey is coming. Slowly, more teams are focusing on players carrying pucks into the offensive zone as opposed to dumping it in and skating like crazy on the forecheck to get it back. The idea is that carrying the puck into the zone is going to help lead to more offensive chances than dump and chase.
This movement has been bubbling more to the surface ever since a study led by hockey analyst, consultant and writer Eric Tulsky was spotlighted at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in 2013. In short, the study showed that teams were generating more than twice as many shot attempts and goals when carrying the puck in as opposed to dumping it in.

Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Operations - Eric Tulsky

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

This last video here made me realize that sports cards have sort of been left out of the loot crate/blind bag trend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad