Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I love how Boston just doesn't have any f***ing clue what to do. "Do we get the Bergeron line some help?" and meanwhile they go and lose Krug and Chara is like 700 years old.

I'm so happy we won the Cup. It just makes watching their misery and the fact they didn't win it again that much better

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Nice.

You know, they called his dad 'The Professor'. Must be where Jr. gets his appreciation for the human sciences.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Was looking at MTL capfriendly and saw they have 14 picks, including 12 in the first 5 rounds, in next years draft. While they are currently up against the cap, they have no forward making more than 5.5 and plenty of UFA$ off the books next year. If this team plays its cards right, no reason they shouldn't become contenders very soon.

Reactions: overlords

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Was looking at MTL capfriendly and saw they have 14 picks, including 12 in the first 5 rounds, in next years draft. While they are currently up against the cap, they have no forward making more than 5.5 and plenty of UFA$ off the books next year. If this team plays its cards right, no reason they shouldn't become contenders very soon.

Bergevin can be a reason this dont happen lol

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Lightning need to take advantage of the debacle MB has created and do it now. With talks with Gallagher breaking down you arrange a 3-way cap dump deal. You trade Gallagher to a team like the Panthers -who God knows needs winger help. The Lightning trade Killorn (who I'm sure would waive to go home) or persuade Johnson to waive and you give either man to Montreal effectively for free. If you add Paquette it'll clear even more room.

We're probably not gonna get another crack like this in the immediate future

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Lightning need to take advantage of the debacle MB has created and do it now. With talks with Gallagher breaking down you arrange a 3-way cap dump deal. You trade Gallagher to a team like the Panthers -who God knows needs winger help. The Lightning trade Killorn (who I'm sure would waive to go home) or persuade Johnson to waive and you give either man to Montreal effectively for free. If you add Paquette it'll clear even more room.

We're probably not gonna get another crack like this in the immediate future
3-way deal within the same division.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
3-way deal within the same division.

Well it's not a great example but it's what came to mind. It's not like the Cats are the only destination. COL, NJD, NYR, CBJ (again) and LAK are potential partners too. If they lose Gallagher, guys like Paquette and Killorn fit the bill for the kind of players MTL covets anyway.

It's admittedly a very bad example on my end but it just goes to show the situation isn't as dire as we want to believe it is.

Reactions: Felonious Python

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who would be the 8th team in that division?
Seattle isn't joining until 21-22 season. So, the Central has been at 7 teams. It would just shift the 7 team division over to the Canadian one.

LA, ANA, SJ, AZ, LV, DAL, COL, STL likely make up the West for example. Chi, Nas, Min get pushed out to make room for Mon, Ott, Tor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad