Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I just saw this, but I've got to figure that the prospect of calling another season from his house probably forced the issue a bit.

but he went out on top. A Lightning Stanley Cup win.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
He was so painful to listen to in the playoffs don't think I listened to the broadcast starting in round 3 :laugh:. Enjoy your retirement Doc!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What Mitchell Miller did in the 8th grade is objectively very worrying, but middle school is basically Apocalypse Now. It's an introduction to the dark triad.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

AngeloBumbacoWalkOfFame.jpg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Good on the Coyotes. 14 years old or whatever it is, is old enough to know better you can't effectively torture people for your amusement. Case in point: by age 10 I was like so many other children at my school and volunteered to help out with the mentally and physically challenged students. Such thoughts like hurting them never once crossed my mind. Hell I made friends with them. I was just like any other 10 year old. Again by 14 you know better.

I'm well enough versed in brain anatomy to know some people are born with their wires not touching right/touching at all and it explains such behavior and it is most often a root cause. Even people with such conditions to know well enough they'll be punished for their actions if caught.

But whether or not that's the case for Miller doesn't really matter because a hockey career sure as hell isn't gonna fix what's wrong with him.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Good on the Coyotes. 14 years old or whatever it is, is old enough to know better you can't effectively torture people for your amusement. Case in point: by age 10 I was like so many other children at my school and volunteered to help out with the mentally and physically challenged students. Such thoughts like hurting them never once crossed my mind. Hell I made friends with them. I was just like any other 10 year old. Again by 14 you know better.

I'm well enough versed in brain anatomy to know some people are born with their wires not touching right/touching at all and it explains such behavior and it is most often a root cause. Even people with such conditions to know well enough they'll be punished for their actions if caught.

But whether or not that's the case for Miller doesn't really matter because a hockey career sure as hell isn't gonna fix what's wrong with him.
Is that why you come here?

I don't get the team's perspective. I guess someone was going to take him eventually, but they wanted to push him into a mold of this anti-bullying leader. You'll kind of know at 18 if you've got that type of guy. Twitter also seems to be preordaining that he's going to have an NHL career. Not necessarily. He's very likely to spend quite a bit of time in the minor leagues/Europe. He's like a 2nd round talent. Plenty of those guys disappear.

In the 2003 draft that everyone holds in such high regard, 9 of the 2nd round draft picks never made it to the NHL. 13 others played 57 games or fewer. But the round also gave us Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, David Backes, Jimmy Howard, Loui Eriksson, Matt Carle, and Corey Crawford.

Those numbers seem high (9+13), but in 2003, they were still doing the pre-2004 lockout format when the league gave compensatory draft picks for losing veteran UFAs so the second round that year were picks 31-68. I could cut it off arbitrarily to fit the current format, but it already provides a margin of error into what would be the 3rd round.

Last edited:
Reactions: LightningStrikes

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Is that why you come here?

I don't get the team's perspective. I guess someone was going to take him eventually, but they wanted to push him into a mold of this anti-bullying leader. You'll kind of know at 18 if you've got that type of guy. Twitter also seems to be preordaining that he's going to have an NHL career. Not necessarily. He's very likely to spend quite a bit of time in the minor leagues/Europe. He's like a 2nd round talent. Plenty of those guys disappear.

In the 2003 draft that everyone holds in such high regard, 9 of the 2nd round draft picks never made it to the NHL. 13 others played 57 games or fewer. But the round also gave us Patrice Bergeron, Shea Weber, David Backes, Jimmy Howard, Loui Eriksson, Matt Carle, and Corey Crawford.

Those numbers seem high (9+13), but in 2003, they were still doing the pre-2004 lockout format when the league gave compensatory draft picks for losing veteran UFAs so the second round that year were picks 31-68. I could cut it off arbitrarily to fit the current format, but it already provides a margin of error into what would be the 3rd round.

You got me. That was funny as hell

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The quality of an NHL franchise is always determined by the quality of ownership and upper management. And in that respect, the Coyotes have had a long history of failing their fan base and the NHL.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

hkn-expansion-history-20181204-e1544013850208.jpg

69 points in 110 AHL games
37 points in 179 NHL games
243 points in 640 KHL/RSL games

2002 WJC Gold
2012 World Championship Gold
2011 & 2018 Gagarin Cup Champion

Last edited:
Reactions: Peacefool

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The USPHL is an enormous organization with multiple divisions of play. We'll need details on how this is supposed to work.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ex-Lightning prospect Connor Ingram, who JBB traded to Nashville after some undisclosed internal conflict seems to be caught up in this game fixing scandal while on loan to play in Sweden

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ex-Lightning prospect Connor Ingram, who JBB traded to Nashville after some undisclosed internal conflict seems to be caught up in this game fixing scandal while on loan to play in Sweden

Allegations at this point.

Allsvenskan is similar to the ECHL in level of play. You can't hold them to NHL standards of execution or hockey IQ.

However, the betting irregularities make it worth something.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Prospal is now a head coach over in the Czech League.

It would be pretty cool if Coop put his face on some Bubble Yum.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Prospal got a coaching gig in the Czech league? Hell yeah! I saw an inside special on him working with local Tampa kids and I absolutely loved how he went out of his way to be so encouraging and humble. When you're dealing with an area where hockey is still so new and the players you are coaching will eventually close the hockey chapter of their life unless they somehow land a pro gig; the best thing you can do is teach them to believe in themselves and see what you can win on the way. Where this elsewhere like Minnesota I'd have like to see a hard ass but really the greater point is he's smart enough to realize the difference and I love it.

I'm selfishly hoping he is very successful and can land an NHL coaching gig one day even if it was just as an assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->