Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Remember when the Oilers were dominating the league? Well, they're now holding onto the 2nd wildcard spot and seem to be only going downwards.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
These people must be so easy to manipulate.
JBB mentioned regular season vs playoff analytics, which isn't even a thing yet online. I can't wait for the hot takes to come out of that.

I do think that there's a huge confirmation bias for a lot of stuff that some bloggers have developed.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
JBB mentioned regular season vs playoff analytics, which isn't even a thing yet online. I can't wait for the hot takes to come out of that.

I do think that there's a huge confirmation bias for a lot of stuff that some bloggers have developed.
Look - have a model and see where it goes. But dont take them as definitive, especially if the results end up sounding absurd. Analytics are still in their infancy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think they'd be better off selling, but I also think this could make them better, though obviously not much. Kovalchuk can still shoot at least. And, if he can just get himself in position, MTL has guys who can find him. They severely lack finishers, as we saw last night.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Montreal didn't have so many injuries, they maybe wouldn't have even signed him.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think they'd be better off selling, but I also think this could make them better, though obviously not much. Kovalchuk can still shoot at least. And, if he can just get himself in position, MTL has guys who can find him. They severely lack finishers, as we saw last night.

Their GM is trying to save his job. I agree the better move for that franchise would be to sell and get a nice draft choice and keep building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad