Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Leafs now without Muzzin and Rielly. In the meantime, Toronto has called up 19 year old, Rasmus Sandin.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't doubt there's delegation with these things but I'd think the head coach is ultimately responsible.
I agree, he's the one who signs the card, but roster card mistakes are pretty uncommon, so I could easily see head coaches not put a lot of care into checking it.

The system feels a bit outdated for the NHL, not that it's an excuse. Filling out a paper ticket with the lineup. They have tablets and PCs and stuff now. That would be able to warn a coach that the roster has too few/too many players for that night's game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What tha...?

Well, they lost 4 in a row and are sitting out of a wild card spot (tied three-ways in points though with both WC teams). A bit odd and at the same time management was probably expecting them to sit at #1 or 2 in their division at this point of the season. DeBoer though... I dunno, man.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't know Vegas, but keep in mind that McCrimmon has a boss as well.

Gerard Gallant is coaching the Pacific Division All-Stars.

There's got to be something more going on here.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't know Vegas, but keep in mind that McCrimmon has a boss as well.

Gerard Gallant is coaching the Pacific Division All-Stars.

There's got to be something more going on here.
Apparently its hockey related. I generally think more coaches should be fired, but this is incompetent.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gallant's gonna end up in Detroit.

Or here.

But probably Detroit. Yzerman turns to former teammates a lot (Verbeek, Thomas, Roest).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My money was on GMGM - he has a history of knee-jerk reactions.
GMGM is technically PHOGM. Kelly McCrimmon is the Knights' GM.

They promoted McPhee I believe so that McCrimmon wouldn't be poached by another organization. Seattle was rumored to be interested in him.

McCrimmon's GM record in the Dub is pretty steady. He likes to keep his coach, although he's also had a few one-season wonders. McPhee is a bit more eager to change guys.

Either way, I don't think it's appropriate to fire Gallant for hockey reasons. They're 3 pts from first place in their division, and he hasn't failed them yet in the playoffs. They got a bad call last year and it cost them.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Gallant's gonna end up in Detroit.

Or here.

But probably Detroit. Yzerman turns to former teammates a lot (Verbeek, Thomas, Roest).
What's Detroit's team identity under Yzerman though? If he wants it to be like his time in Tampa Bay, Gallant may not be a fit stylistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->