Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Rick Nash hangs up the skates

If there's one thing to take away from this highlight vid, it's that a young Stralman had longer hair once

Anton-Stralman-Blue-Jackets-nhl.jpg

anton-stralman-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-talks-with-a-newscaster-picture-id79098013

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So the Ducks lost their 10th in a row, while we have 10 losses the whole season.

Reactions: JDBolt

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Deangelo went after Pacioretty on his way to the penalty box after boarding Karlsson and got a 10 minute disconduct. He definitely still has some issues.

DeAngelo has been the one bright spot for the Rangers D which has been an abomination.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Oilers seem to want to be in a "win now" mode.

I'm not sure TB could offer anything. I'd prefer to not upset the balance we've got, although it can't last forever.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
They need to be in a "win now" mode tbh. With McDavid there thats what you should be focused on.
McDavid just turned 22 yesterday. The Oilers were supposed to be further along than they are right now, sitting around .500. Buying too much isn't going to put them over the top, it's going to trash their team.

The Oilers are pretty horrible at drafting outside of the first round, which is what has gotten them to this point. That's the fix.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
McDavid just turned 22 yesterday. The Oilers were supposed to be further along than they are right now, sitting around .500. Buying too much isn't going to put them over the top, it's going to trash their team.

The Oilers are pretty horrible at drafting outside of the first round, which is what has gotten them to this point. That's the fix.
True, honestly they have serious problems and I think they should probably add some pieces through the draft this year and then try to develop those prospects. I feel like Peter Chiarelli is making these moves in an attempt to save his job.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Edmonton fans have to be the most annoying on the board. They remind me of Senators fans w/r/t Karlsson but at least Karlsson led his team deep in the playoffs once instead of getting shut down and outperformed by Cody Ceci (or whoever the Draisatl equivalent would be).

Imagine being that cocky while your team has been the joke of the league for 12 years running.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I was curious so I checked on how Vlad was doing in NY.

15 points (4g, 11a) in 41 games

Yeah, don't miss him a bit.

And Howden? After scoring 12 points (4g, 8a) in his first 20 games, he has had 3 assists in his last 24.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Who are these people that continuously put sublimated house league jerseys on eBay for like 40-50 bucks?

Is there a market for this?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Edmonton fans have to be the most annoying on the board. They remind me of Senators fans w/r/t Karlsson but at least Karlsson led his team deep in the playoffs once instead of getting shut down and outperformed by Cody Ceci (or whoever the Draisatl equivalent would be).

Imagine being that cocky while your team has been the joke of the league for 12 years running.

It's the ref whining that does me in. Most of the fans are fine but I swear to God if a few had it their way, it would literally be NBA rules and the Oilers would go to the PP everytime someone bothers McDavid. It happens 2 to 3 times a game at least that a call could have been made but wasn't. It's a legitimate gripe. I get it.

But multiply by the 46 games they've played and add to their 131 opportunities on the season and you got a fanbase livid they haven't had at least 223 power plays by now. Colorado leads with 176.... And this is on top of the penalties McDavid has already drawn.

But THAT isn't officiating deciding the outcome eh? And yet McDavid would probably be the last to complain about the officiating

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Still two and a half months for this to change so it's not terribly worth the worry right now, but I'm a little annoyed seeing the Penguins currently occupying that second wild card spot. I mean, I would expect us to win that series, by all means, but facing Crosby and Malkin in the first round is no reward for having the kind of season we're on pace to have, that's for sure.

Reactions: Hoek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad