Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
A reminder that hockeytv.com has free games streaming today. Jr. A/USHL/Tier 3/ACHA all represented.

NESN National, Fox Sports, and CBSSN all have NCAA games tonight.

Foxsportsgo.com and the app carry the Fox streams I know for sure (which are in HD unlike on my cable box). You can also watch archived games under the 'replays' tab on-demand.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
"No timetable" on Karlsson extension. Interesting.

If he doesn't sign by summer then I think he wants to hear our offer. Doesn't mean he will sign, it doesn't mean we CAN sign him. But if the rumors are true that we were his only serious choice/his preferred destination and there was a deal in place then all you can do is wait. Truth be told it's a big decision and he's gonna be smart to wait til July 1st regardless if he wants to play for the Lightning.

I just hope the guy realizes if Tampa is where his heart is then he better leave his wallet in San Jose

Reactions: Unfinished Business

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Karlsson can't sign for 8 years until after the TDL anyway. There really isn't a rush.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
"No timetable" on Karlsson extension. Interesting.

If he doesn't sign by summer then I think he wants to hear our offer. Doesn't mean he will sign, it doesn't mean we CAN sign him. But if the rumors are true that we were his only serious choice/his preferred destination and there was a deal in place then all you can do is wait. Truth be told it's a big decision and he's gonna be smart to wait til July 1st regardless if he wants to play for the Lightning.

I just hope the guy realizes if Tampa is where his heart is then he better leave his wallet in San Jose

If he reaches UFA, I think we will present to him. Like Tavares last year we will make an offer because you have to when a player like that is available. If he wants to come on board then you figure out how to make it happen. Best case scenario for us would be having Point signed by then and then seeing what kind of moves we would be able to make if Karlsson wants to come on board. It would probably take some tough maneuvering but some scenarios play out as us becoming a stronger team because of the addition by subtraction with a couple players not to mention adding him too. Its going to be an interesting offseason regardless of what happens with EK65.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
edit3: The NHL has Decker with a 1:12-13, and I believe them.

What was the plan here? They invite the women's teams players because they're competitive enough to keep up, but what happens if they get the best score?

edit: NHL was too slow.

The league should have fired off 25k to girls hockey and another 25k to Decker.

There's not a lot the league can really do now. While they still control the casual fan spin, they'll look late to the party if they #PayDecker themselves.

edit2:

edit3:

The NHL took like more than a day to start getting the word out that Decker finished with a 1:12-13 which is a bit ridiculous of them to wait so long, but CCM can't back out now.

I was assuming that if they timed Kendall Coyne's lap, they'd have timed Decker, and the people in the building knew what it was/tv had it logged although they didn't air it. No one in the media was denying it and they had the footage. Nope. It was just some number.

She shouldn't get the 25k because she didn't win, although I think it's opened the pandora's box of compensating the female athletes for participating in the all-star skills. The NHL also did the right thing by donating 25k to each of the athlete's choices of charity.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Thunderbug isn't exactly the best skater, but I don't see that as a big deal. I don't even think a mascot should have exceptional hockey ability. It's more about a relatable love of the game than being able to execute whatever you can think of.

But the full ice game didn't have enough shenanigans. When one of the goalies got a glove on the puck, they should have held it and skated it down, trying to get it past the goalie.

The blue (lightweight) puck would have also maybe have been preferable since they're not wearing pads and have different ability levels. It also fits since they're associated with kids.

They could have just played broomball. I think it'd be easier for them to make jokes in a slower paced game and the play would be easier to track with a big bouncing ball. It should also be easier for beginners to make an impact while the wild bounces and unfamiliarity with the sport counteract the hockey skills of the experienced mascots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad