Speculation: Armchair GM Thread II: What did the goalie say to the puck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Ew to pat maroon!

Schenn though would fill out this team perfectly

Gaudreau-monahan-lindholm
Tkachuk-schenn-neal
Bennett-backlund-frolik

Top-9 of a cup competing squad

Reactions: Migos

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If the Wild fall out of the race. Any thoughts on someone like Staal?

Guy is a vet, cheap and could reallyhelp that middle 6.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If the Wild fall out of the race. Any thoughts on someone like Staal?

Guy is a vet, cheap and could reallyhelp that middle 6.

- sucked in Peters' system
- LHS with redundant skillset
- big name, going to be costly at the deadline

I'd be looking more towards Mr Game 7 Justin Williams or a return of Micheal Ferland.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
- sucked in Peters' system
- LHS with redundant skillset
- big name, going to be costly at the deadline

I'd be looking more towards Mr Game 7 Justin Williams or a return of Micheal Ferland.

Lindholm sucked in the same system and is now likely our third best overall forward.

LHS that’s be our third best centre if Lindy stays on the wing, would immediately improve the centre depth.

Last time he was traded he was putting up only slightly worse stats and was traded for two seconds, a B/C prospect while being 50% retained.

I’d pay that in a heartbeat for him to centre the third line.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Ew to pat maroon!

Schenn though would fill out this team perfectly

Gaudreau-monahan-lindholm
Tkachuk-schenn-neal
Bennett-backlund-frolik

Top-9 of a cup competing squad

Maroon probably can be had for close to nothing
Schenn would cost a top player + future

Reactions: Nanuuk

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Lindholm sucked in the same system and is now likely our third best overall forward.

LHS that’s be our third best centre if Lindy stays on the wing, would immediately improve the centre depth.

Last time he was traded he was putting up only slightly worse stats and was traded for two seconds, a B/C prospect while being 50% retained.

I’d pay that in a heartbeat for him to centre the third line.
Honestly, one of the best ideas I’ve seen on these boards. I had no idea he was even expiring. To be fair, his contract(8.5 million) had a lot to do with the return. That being said, I think Staal could still be one of those huge, bang for buck deals. Great idea for the middle 6.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
With the Blues making everyone available, I could see us picking up Pat Maroon since it looked like Treliving was close to signing him this off-season

A Blues player I would have interest in is Perron, though it would take some Stone/Frolik creativity as he isn't an expiring. Perron-Haula-Neal was Vegas' 2nd line last year and Neal really fed off Perron's.. feeds. Perron-Jankowski-Neal is an upgrade on that, to have that as a third line would be deadly.

Plus Perron is a prick and the Oilers fans would have another Flame to hate.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A Blues player I would have interest in is Perron, though it would take some Stone/Frolik creativity as he isn't an expiring. Perron-Haula-Neal was Vegas' 2nd line last year and Neal really fed off Perron's.. feeds. Perron-Jankowski-Neal is an upgrade on that, to have that as a third line would be deadly.

Plus Perron is a prick and the Oilers fans would have another Flame to hate.

I wanted Perron over Neal back during the offseason.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
What do you think it would take to get Dadonov? That would be some serious bottom 6 depth and he’s on a quality contract

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Not entirely sure what Florida needs, but I don't understand why they would move Dadonov. He's been phenomenal for them.

I’m just think they may move him because he’s a ufa soon and they’re the 5th worst team in the league, they need draft picks more than a 30 year old scoring winger now

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How come?

He's soft, kind of a ****. Likes to play disappearing acts. Just don't like how the guy plays. It was great he was able to put together a season like last year for Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I’m just think they may move him because he’s a ufa soon and they’re the 5th worst team in the league, they need draft picks more than a 30 year old scoring winger now

Damn. I didn't realize they were that far down to be honest. I knew they were struggling but man oh man.

He's still under contract for next year which is nice too. I'd love to add him, I just suspect the price wouldn't be nice.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I am offended.

I get pretty protective over Chucky.

Barkov is an elite player and the best of the 3, but that's a huge overpayment IMO.

Trading what could end up being two possession-driving point per game players who are excellent defensively in their own right for a Finnish Bergeron.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I get pretty protective over Chucky.

Barkov is an elite player and the best of the 3, but that's a huge overpayment IMO.

Trading what could end up being two possession-driving point per game players who are excellent defensively in their own right for a Finnish Bergeron.
I watched Barkov for the first time in his game against Toronto a couple days ago and was blown away. Flames havent had a bonifide #1C in decades and Barkov would be just that. Gaudreau-Monahan play on one line and Barkov would carry his own. I just love Barkov so maybe im overrating him but long term i think this makes us a better team.

Anyways its not really a serious proposal since Florida would never trade Barkov but just a thought i had.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love Barkov, he’s incredible. But this season should be enough of an indication that there’s no reason to move Tkachuk or Lindholm, let alone both in the same deal. We would then have a hole.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad