Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am far from the biggest Gaudreau fan here and think that trading him is likely our best chance at improving but in no way is Laine a comparable player or of equal value. It really makes little sense to trade Gaudreau for him. If adding Laine you would want Gaudreau there to create the chances for him.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It would be nice to figure out how to get our roster back to a full roster, vs a shortened bench...

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
I’m not sure what the cost of using a SpaceX rocket is but the price on rocket launches has to have come down enough where we can buy one and jettison Jankowski into orbit. Preferably high orbit.

Reactions: DFF

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Turris for Ryan and Brodie?

As much as I still think Turris is still a guy that may check a ton of boxes for us... that is not the type of deal to use to try and pry him out at all.

A deal this season doesn't seem to make sense with the current short bench. Most moves shorten the bench further. Maybe this might be worth revisiting next season if there's retention involved, but I can't really wrap my mind around how it could work this season.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Turris' contract is hideously ugly. He's decent, paying top line in NSH looks like. Would be a good right winger.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Turris' contract is hideously ugly. He's decent, paying top line in NSH looks like. Would be a good right winger.

Agreed. Having Turris as a 2RW/3C is just lunacy levels of centre depth if we aren't losing Monahan, Backlund, Ryan or Lindholm. The only way that makes sense to me without shortening our bench is something like Brodie + Frolik (which I doubt Nashville even accepts) which also unlocks enough cap to lengthen the bench. It just leaves us with a gaping hole on D. Plug one hole and make a new one.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Turris, a 30 year old centre with a 6M cap hit signed for four more years after this one managed all of 7 goals, 23 points (in 55 games) last season. I'd trade Lucic for him but that's about it.

Seriously, enough with the cap anchors.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
23 pts in 55 isn't that bad when you consider that Frolik had like 25 in 70 a couple years back for like 1.5 mil less.

I think he has high bounce-back potential but there's no scenario where it works for us to trade for him unless Lucic goes and yeah good luck with that.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Turris, a 30 year old centre with a 6M cap hit signed for four more years after this one managed all of 7 goals, 23 points (in 55 games) last season. I'd trade Lucic for him but that's about it.

Seriously, enough with the cap anchors.
Not only this but the dude hasn’t played a full 82 game season since 2014-15 and has only come close to doing that a few times since. No thanks.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lucic wasn’t acquired for the regular season.

He was acquired to punch face in the playoffs of any player, ie Zadorov, who starts to run around in an environment which supports that kind of play, the playoffs.

He will provide value come playoff time. Right now he’s pretty useless

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How does Lucic punching someone in the face help us in the play-offs?

Zadorov will fight him if Lucic wants to fight so he won't change his play at all. Anybody else who doesn't want to fight Lucic will just do their cheap crap and then not fight him when Lucic lumbers his way over to them.

In the mean time we have an ECHLer skating out there threatening nobody and changing the way nobody, but his own teammates who have to cover for him, plays.

Reactions: super6646
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad