Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioactivenuts

Jan 9, 2020
well it should not be straight up, but a package...
However which Centers would target?
What do all of you guys have with Hall?
That guy is making every team worse IMO.
He didn´t help the Devils and he doesn´t help the Yotes now.
If you can sign him below 5 mill, it would work, but he isn´t worth paying more.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Hall gets linked to us a lot because he is from Calgary, and grew up a Flames fan (and he still trains and lives here in the offseason). Being a free agent everyone always clicks the "hometown boy to his team" even if it doesn't happen near as often as people would like (It's just like every trade from Calgary to NJ or Philly involves Gaudreau, or to the Blues with Tkachuk)

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hall gets linked to us a lot because he is from Calgary, and grew up a Flames fan (and he still trains and lives here in the offseason). Being a free agent everyone always clicks the "hometown boy to his team" even if it doesn't happen near as often as people would like (It's just like every trade from Calgary to NJ or Philly involves Gaudreau, or to the Blues with Tkachuk)

Hall is as "from Calgary" as William Nylander is. He grew up in Kingston and he trains in Ontario too.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Hall is as "from Calgary" as William Nylander is. He grew up in Kingston and he trains in Ontario too.
I know when he was an Oiler, he spent a lot of his free time down here. I used to work in a restaurant that happened to do a lot of orders for NHL teams and players, and he was a regular (in every week to 2 weeks). We also did orders for the entire Flyers team and Arizona teams every time they were in Calgary.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016

Why not just say I don't like what Hall brings and don't want Tre to go after him in free agency.

Nobody knows what Hall is thinking... Maybe not even him...Why??? He is trying to earn his payday and signing options he is due at the end of the season. Taylor Hall will be looking to sign with a winner because after 10 years of crappy clubs he will want to contend. Maybe it is Calgary maybe it is not.

I don't buy into this crap that he isn't a winner. Edmonton is an organization that has struggled to develop any players and even with the best player in the world and Draisaitl still struggles for relevance. In New Jersey Hall was the team in the first season and then came a string of draft picks the better part of a decade behind Hall.

I think not looking into signing Hall would be stupid but it all comes down to what AAV would be acceptable to fill the role you want in the organization. Chucky has shown he is the franchise LW through this season so where does that leave Hall? What is Johnny's role? Who do we lose in the expansion draft?

Too many unknowns at this point and time to be making any suppositions.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That guy is making every team worse IMO.
He didn´t help the Devils and he doesn´t help the Yotes now.
If you can sign him below 5 mill, it would work, but he isn´t worth paying more.

He's from Calgary, the organization and it's fan are obsessed with left shot left wingers, and lastly, a massive inferiority complex vis-à-vis the Oilers to the point where a number of fans are more concerned with showing them up by collecting their castoffs and hoping to beat them with them than building a winning team.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Acquiring Taylor Hall would allow the Flames to partially replace the production of Johnny Gaudreau should the Flames choose to move him in order to acquire a top flight RW. There is cost certainty with Johnny for now and big time cost uncertainty once his contract is up in a couple of years. Yes there is cost uncertainty with Hall, but I would venture that it is more controllable than Gaudreau's next one. And Johnny's cost certainty ( low value one at that) adds to his value should he be traded. Johnny is also very family oriented and rumour has it that being closer to his family would make for a happier Johnny. There is no reason why this couldn't be a win-win situation for all concerned.

With the progression of Andrew Mangiapane you might think that the Flames wouldn't need a Hall for the mid to long term. The 3LW spot won't be owned by Lucic past the expansion draft I'm thinking. So adding another high end LW is planning for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad