Speculation: Armchair GM Thread - 2019/20 Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'd want more than what Sakic got for Duchene. Basically a king's ransom for Johnny.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
If JG is getting traded, I think it should be a 1 for 1, not pieces.

If the rumors about Laine not happy in WPG are true, what about a three way?

CGY gets Laine
WPG gets Hischier
NJ gets Gaudreau

(the only reason I dont suggest a straight trade with WPG is that I dont want JG in the west where he could come back to bite us)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

CGY gets Laine
WPG gets Hischier
NJ gets Gaudreau

(the only reason I dont suggest a straight trade with WPG is that I dont want JG in the west where he could come back to bite us)

The Flames could do a lot worse than Laine, if he has to go.

Reactions: Rockmorton

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

CGY gets Laine
WPG gets Hischier
NJ gets Gaudreau

New Jersey get hosed in this deal.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
Hischier is under contract for 7 years and is their 1C.

Why would they trade that for 2 years of Gaudreau?
Beeeecause they have a franchise center in Hughes. Gaudreau/Hughes could be one of the best pairings in the league since Ovechkin & Backstrom or Hull & Oates. Plus Johnny being a hometown boy would create a ton of marketing opportunities. Success on the ice, success off of it. Oh...and JG is the better player. But hey, who needs that when you have a 1C on a long term contract.

BTW, they could also re-sign him. The way some talk about contract term, you'd think it was against the rules. Lol.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Treliving really f***ed up by not making his "earth-shattering" trade last year and I will die on that hill

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If we trade Gaudreau, might as well burn it to the ground imo.

Monahan
For 8 overall + Lukhonen

Gaudreau
For Robert Thomas + 2nd 2020

Giordano
For late first

Backlund + 3rd
To Winnipeg for 10 Overall

Draft:
8th overall-Perfetti/Rossi
10th-Lundell
19th-Lapierre
Late first- Barron

We would suck for a few years but after that I think we would be scary.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I can't say I'm surprised but most of the Gaudreau offers aren't bad... they're insulting.

Don't worry guys if we trade him now we could get cap dump + late 1st, how has Treliving not jumped on this opportunity yet?

These are the fans, no one knows what going on.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The only two comforting thoughts about the Gaudreau situation are that it appears we must be pretty confident about landing one of the big fish in free agency and that Johnny won't have a chance to "Tavares" us, if his heart truly is out East.
If we do land Hall and the Gaudreau trade is handled properly, it could set this franchise up for a good run for many years. That being said, if Johnny is truly a flight risk to the East, the Western teams shouldn't be ruled out as possible trade targets. The best possible return is the only option.

Last edited:

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Maybe the Hall trade doesn't happen if we got Kadri, but according to rumors, Brad tried to have something like this assembled this year:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Hall/Lindholm
Tkachuk-Kadri-Lindholm/Hall
Lucic-Backlund-Mangi/Bennett
Mangi/Bennett-Ryan-Reider

Gio-Andersson
Valikmai-Vatanen
Kylington-Hamonic
Stone

Talbot
Rittich

And adding Fobort/Gus at the deadline too. Not sure what else went with Hanifin for Hall/Vatanen, could have been Dube, could have been our 1st or Mangi, but can swap pieces as needed. Also assuming Brown was moved as suggested for cap space.

Maybe that's not a cup winner, but to me, that's definitely a different feel that what we ended with.

Reactions: FlamerForLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad