Armchair GM III

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Poile obviously thinks Glass is a long term solution so I doubt he turns right around and flips him.
Oh for sure, I'm not predicting what David Poile would do. If I get elected GM, I'll make that trade, though. I like the "hope" of Glass, but he does have some warts. Whereas Tkachuk is a proven and pretty special and rare commodity in the NHL.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Not quite- I think Tkachuk has extra value (younger, at least 1 additional year of team control but potentially more).

Tkachuk + Kylington for Forsberg + Glass is my proposal.

Yeah I don't think Forsberg + Glass for Tkachuk would be a bad deal value wise but I do want to see what Glass can do for us before we immediately ship him out. Would rather give up a D prospect. Maybe add Farrance to the mix?

Jul 12, 2007
Having Forsberg and Tkachuk on the same line would be the thing to shoot for. They both get better offensively and maybe some of the Tkachuk Crazy rubs off on FF.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah I don't think Forsberg + Glass for Tkachuk would be a bad deal value wise but I do want to see what Glass can do for us before we immediately ship him out. Would rather give up a D prospect. Maybe add Farrance to the mix?
I only have one prodigious gut to go on... but my tiny snapshot viewing of Farrance last year makes me say: DO NOT TRADE FARRANCE. (There's a "period" at the end there.)

Jul 12, 2007
Josi + Carrier. Or Eckholm + Fabbro.
And either is still less than Tkachuk is worth.
And we still have more good Dmen than we can use.
Excess for what we’re starving for, some O.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Still: Pass.

Or maybe now it's: PASS!!!! :eek:
I think two years would have been very doable. I was entertaining the idea of Tarasenko earlier, but at 7.5M it might be a difficult one to pull of with Ekky and Forsberg extensions along with others.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I think two years would have been very doable. I was entertaining the idea of Tarasenko earlier, but at 7.5M it might be a difficult one to pull of with Ekky and Forsberg extensions along with others.
Tarasenko at $7.5 is a risk. Johansen and Duchene at $8 are Preds risks and that’s all the risks Preds can afford. But somebody who can afford risks will panic and pull the trigger. Better approach would be some retained salary but St Louis is in no hurry.

Jul 12, 2007
Nobody's trading an entire top pairing for one top line player, it'd be foolish.
It’s assumed that Carrier and Fabbro are “top line” ??
That’s our problem lol.
I’ve never seen the worship of pretty, fair-haired little fellas, who’ve done ZERO to prove this rumored greatness, anywhere but here in Predsland.
I mean, come on bro …..
Carrier and Fabbro are throw-ins in what I described.
Tkachuk is a rare player. Lots of scoring talent, lots of grit - nasty - leader - clubhouse. Not quite Lindros, but similar, not a terrible comparison.
Moaning about letting go of a Carrier or a Fabbro for a Matthew Tkachuk ? Kind of embarrassing to read.

Last edited:

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
That’s our problem lol.
I’ve never seen the worship of pretty, fair-haired little fellas, who’ve done ZERO to prove this rumored greatness, anywhere but here in Predsland.
I mean, come on bro …..
Tkachuk is a rare player. Lots of scoring talent, lots of grit - nasty - leader - clubhouse.
Well to be fair carrier was playing top line minutes in the playoffs and looking good

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Tarasenko at $7.5 is a risk. Johansen and Duchene at $8 are Preds risks and that’s all the risks Preds can afford. But somebody who can afford risks will panic and pull the trigger. Better approach would be some retained salary but St Louis is in no hurry.
Tarasenko is kind of a different category of risk, since it's pretty much health-related only. We don't have to worry about the cap this year or next... either way we can fit Tarasenko.

But for him I think it really comes down to what his status is. Burning that cap space on him, if he turns out to be unable to play at his prior level would be a wasted opportunity. Flip side, if he is 100%, then I do think he's in a much different category than Tatar... Tatar is an "okay filler" player. Tarasenko at his peak was a "difference-maker".

I'd take the "difference-maker"... but have no idea if that's really what Tarasenko is right now. :dunno:

Jul 12, 2007
Well to be fair carrier was playing top line minutes in the playoffs and looking good
An amazingly tiny sample.
We’ve gotten to the point where people just say anything to assuage their selfish demands and bizarre agendas.
I’m working hard to not say jerky things !
But you make it difficult. ‘You’ meaning quite a few people.

Jul 12, 2007
It’s simply “I love this little pre-rookie so much that I wouldn’t trade him for McDavid !! Weeee !! Woohoo !!”

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
It’s simply “I love this little pre-rookie so much that I wouldn’t trade him for McDavid !! Weeee !! Woohoo !!”
maybe you know more than the whole league? i don’t think there is a hockey fan out there that would say josi+carrier is not enough for tkachuk.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
That’s our problem lol.
I mean, come on bro …..
Tkachuk is a rare player. Lots of scoring talent, lots of grit - nasty - leader - clubhouse. Not quite Lindros, but similar, not a terrible comparison.
Moaning about letting go of a Carrier or a Fabbro for a Matthew Tkachuk ? Kind of embarrassing to read.

Josi or Ekholm + their partners is an entire top pairing or 2nd pairing. You're forgetting about them.

I'll just ask, when was the last time any team traded both guys they had penciled in at no.1 and no.2 D?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Josi + Carrier. Or Eckholm + Fabbro.
And either is still less than Tkachuk is worth.
And we still have more good Dmen than we can use.
Excess for what we’re starving for, some O.

You do realize Tkachuk is a career .78 PPG player and you want us to trade Josi who is a career .65 player plus another top defenseman and you think our offense would improve??

I prefer your previous incarnation when you primarily wanted us to acquire goons and behemoths.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That’s our problem lol.
I mean, come on bro …..

Damn there go those goalposts again. You obviously said Josi +Carrier and as I already showed just swapping Josi for him straight up doesnt necessarily improve our offense much, if at all.... and you want to throw in Carrier too?

Ekholm plus Fabbro might be worth considering solely because we dont know if Ekholm is gonna extend, but that's precisely the reason Calgary would never accept that deal anyway

Jul 12, 2007
This is the best example of accurate self reflection I've ever seen on HF. Congratulations on admitting your problem, that's the first step!
I haven’t been a big fan of the “nuh uh …. You do !!!” thing, at least since I was around 5.
Is this really your method ?
I do see where a little gaggle loves it, lol. So there’s that …..

Jul 12, 2007
I realize I’m responding to multiple people, but when did Carrier or Fabbro become top pairing ?
Does one of you have an official letter from Poile and Haynes ?
That’s what I love about a lot of you goobers. You announce something in your own posts, and that becomes a given, a truth, for no reason other than you want it to be.
Then you cite it as proof of some completely different self soothing belief.
Again …. 5, 6 YO ….. about when we’re supposed to stop doing such things.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Damn there go those goalposts again. You obviously said Josi +Carrier and as I already showed just swapping Josi for him straight up doesnt necessarily improve our offense much, if at all.... and you want to throw in Carrier too?

Ekholm plus Fabbro might be worth considering solely because we dont know if Ekholm is gonna extend, but that's precisely the reason Calgary would never accept that deal anyway
We need scoring F’s and credible lines, more than the omnipresent offensive defense. That hasn’t won us anything in 23 years.
It’s a pretty easy concept that swapping Forsberg for Tkachuk doesn’t help us as much as trading D for Tkachuk.
The former changes nothing, while the latter at least gives us an offense that we haven’t had for years. And still pretty good D.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
maybe you know more than the whole league? i don’t think there is a hockey fan out there that would say josi+carrier is not enough for tkachuk.
I didn’t say I know more than the whole league. Nothing I said insinuated this.
I didn’t say Josi + Carrier is not enough.
But you apparently speak for “every hockey fan out there”.
Again ….. 5-6 YO …. The deadline for “debating” like this. Just sayin’

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad