Armchair GM III

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We need scoring F’s and credible lines, more than the omnipresent offensive defense. That hasn’t won us anything in 23 years.
It’s a pretty easy concept that swapping Forsberg for Tkachuk doesn’t help us as much as trading D for Tkachuk.
The former changes nothing, while the latter at least gives us an offense that we haven’t had for years. And still pretty good D.

That's fine if the D that you're trading isnt Josi. We dont have "pretty good D" if we trade Josi. Ekholm doesnt come near to replacing him and we dont even know if he is staying beyond next year.

Jul 12, 2007
That's fine if the D that you're trading isnt Josi. We dont have "pretty good D" if we trade Josi. Ekholm doesnt come near to replacing him and we dont even know if he is staying beyond next year.
Not every good team has a Josi. He’s simply an artifact of Poile’s obsession.
Similarly, Eckholm would be the best dman on a lot of good teams.
It also seems that with the instant coronation of Fabbro, Carrier, Farrance, Allard … there would be enough talent to replace either guy.

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Amazing how the Preds were an old small soft potentially cap strapped team with no prospect pool and two summers later they're a younger bigger stronger team with potential, plenty of cap space to add pieces if thing go right on the ice during the season, and a deep prospect pool. Huh, who'd have thunk it?:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Amazing how the Preds were an old small soft potentially cap strapped team with no prospect pool and two summers later they're a younger bigger stronger team with potential, plenty of cap space to add pieces if thing go right on the ice during the season, and a deep prospect pool. Huh, who'd have thunk it?:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
It's bad when you need to come to HF to get reasonable perspective because the local radio and media guys are so freaking inept all you can do is shake your head at their stupidity.

We moved Ellis for " nothing " and losing Jarnkrok was some big horrible mistake are both takes I've either heard or read from people that should have some kind of knowledge, or at least to hear them talk/write they think they do.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Assuming Saros gets roughly $4.5M and ET gets around $2M... we still have $11Mish in cap space.

Closest comparable I can find for Saros is Grubauer. Since the 2016-17 season,

Saros:
154 Games Played
92.1 SV%
2.49 GAA

Grubauer:
172 Games Played
92.0 SV%
2.33 GAA

Grubauer is a little older and his contract is all UFA years and came in at 5.9M x 6 years. 4.5M sounds good for a short term but if we want longer term it'll be closer to 5.2M I think.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
It's bad when you need to come to HF to get reasonable perspective because the local radio and media guys are so freaking inept all you can do is shake your head at their stupidity.

We moved Ellis for " nothing " and losing Jarnkrok was some big horrible mistake are both takes I've either heard or read from people that should have some kind of knowledge, or at least to hear them talk/write they think they do.

Hopefully Glass and Myers will get them to shut up about the Ellis trade. Jarnkrok I'm sad about but I didn't want to protect him due to age and contract status so I was prepared to lose him.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Our local media and hockey have never been a good mix.
Hey, it’s time for fuhball. I can enjoy both hockey and football and I’ve learned the games but local media cannot or will not cover hockey well. But at least we know about the 3rd string field goal kicker at UT.

Reactions: triggrman
Jul 12, 2007
Back in the Bubba Berenzweig days, people used to say “How can Nashville / the South NOT embrace hockey ? It’s guys with razor blades on their feet, hitting each other with big sticks, AND fisticuffs !!”

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hopefully Glass and Myers will get them to shut up about the Ellis trade. Jarnkrok I'm sad about but I didn't want to protect him due to age and contract status so I was prepared to lose him.
Well that's the thing, one guy saw someone write that Glass and Myers aren't NHL players so apparently that is now gospel. The other apparently doesn't know enough about contract status to understand that players like Jarnkrok are guys that you let go of anyways at that point in their career. Just takes some effort to learn the game, they won't even put in some.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Well that's the thing, one guy saw someone write that Glass and Myers aren't NHL players so apparently that is now gospel. The other apparently doesn't know enough about contract status to understand that players like Jarnkrok are guys that you let go of anyways at that point in their career. Just takes some effort to learn the game, they won't even put in some.
Are we talking about that clown on 102.5? He's always saying someone sucks at something yet he has terrible ratings......

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Are we talking about that clown on 102.5? He's always saying someone sucks at something yet he has terrible ratings......
He was one of them, I just happened to stop because I heard Poile's voice and then got that crazy crap in my ear. I honestly don't know how the man has a show, he can't even talk college football without it being completely stupid.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
He was one of them, I just happened to stop because I heard Poile's voice and then got that crazy crap in my ear. I honestly don't know how the man has a show, he can't even talk college football without it being completely stupid.
I really haven't listened to him much. I don't think they're looking for high ratings there, if they were, he would get replaced. Hasn't he went through like 3 other host?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I really haven't listened to him much. I don't think they're looking for high ratings there, if they were, he would get replaced. Hasn't he went through like 3 other host?
I don't know, I don't listen to him much either. Just seems like every time I do catch him he is saying something stupid.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Saros potentially going to Arbitration and how it's a black eye for the organization is one I wish they would shut up about. It's part of the process, how many times have we been through this?

I'll worry if he gets a deal that ends when he's scheduled to go UFA. Other than that, it's all business.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Saros potentially going to Arbitration and how it's a black eye for the organization is one I wish they would shut up about. It's part of the process, how many times have we been through this?

I'll worry if he gets a deal that ends when he's scheduled to go UFA. Other than that, it's all business.
That's a thing? Someone is really bitching about that?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Yeah I mean it's not like he is going anywhere unless they award him something stupid like 8 million a season. That's assuming it even makes it to arbitration to begin with.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
That's a thing? Someone is really bitching about that?
I'm not on social media anymore but I have a friend that gives me updates on what the uneducated online mob is saying and, yes, that's a thing.

I feel the same about most of the "blogs" here.
Haven't seen one that is truly enlightening yet.

The radio shows are just sensationalism and the blogs are clickbait.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
There is really no value in listening to the local sports talk. Especially if they're talking about hockey.
I don't think it's just a "local" effect. Around the Expansion and Entry drafts I spent a few days with my Sirius XM tuned to the NHL Network. What a load of garbage. You could get the same hot takes and useless generalizations on the main boards here for free. I guess they have to give the jobs to somebody. But literally anybody could regurgitate the same generic junk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad