Speculation: Armchair GM 2023 Off-Season Edition: The Summer Without Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I sincerely hope the contract is reasonable. IF Backlund is indeed re-signed. Not a huge fan of them tossing him the Captaincy as a way to keep him.

Trying not to overthink things. Nothing has been revealed yet. Tense times before starting the season, that's for sure.. (⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I sincerely hope the contract is reasonable. IF Backlund is indeed re-signed. Not a huge fan of them tossing him the Captaincy as a way to keep him.

Trying not to overthink things. Nothing has been revealed yet. Tense times before starting the season, that's for sure.. (⁠⌐⁠■⁠-⁠■⁠)
Backlund deserves the Captaincy whether he re-signs or not.
My feelings are they should give it to him right now and if he doesn't re-sign for whatever reason and gets traded... well give the Captaincy, when that happens, to someone else. No big deal. Captains get traded all the time. His team mates will understand. Right now he's the team's leader.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's a fermented canned fish that's basically explosive waste if not handled correctly.

Even so, I'd be curious to try it.
I'm good, I hate fish and canned foods (literally only canned food I buy is baked beans), so this just sounds like a really terrible idea to me

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I don't see it as tossing his the C to re-sign. I don't think it's a negotiating tool, he deserves the C, but if he's leaving in a few months, there is no point in naming him captain after 2 years without one.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Getting Samuel Girard would be nice particularly if Hanifin gets traded and Kylington is another no show for the season. Girard has 4 yrs left on a $5m AAV contract. He can also play LD and RD.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Getting Samuel Girard would be nice particularly if Hanifin gets traded and Kylington is another no show for the season. Girard has 4 yrs left on a $5m AAV contract. He can also play LD and RD.

That's really nothing more than speculation
The Avalanche decided to target Ryan Johansen in a trade with the Nashville Predators. This does not mean they do not have an interest in Backlund anymore.

NHL trade rumors are making the rounds that a blockbuster trade could be in the works between the two teams.

So because Avs were interested in Backlund but decided to go other way, there might be a blockbuster in the works.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
So with Pelletier out for the foreseeable future there are now 2 top 9 spots open with reasonably 3 contenders for them in Dube, Ruzicka, and Coronato:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Sharangovich
X-Kadri-X
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman

Experience wise Dube most likely has an inside track on one of them, so it’s between Coronato and Ruzicka to earn the last one. If Ruzicka earns it I imagine Coronato spends the year in the AHL, where if Coronato earns it Ruzicka could centre the new look 4th line this year. Pelletier’s injury puts a damper on my hopes for a Ruzicka-Dube-Duehr 4th line though, what they lacked in experience they could’ve made up for with a fast hard hitting play style with some offense.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
So with Pelletier out for the foreseeable future there are now 2 top 9 spots open with reasonably 3 contenders for them in Dube, Ruzicka, and Coronato:

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Sharangovich
X-Kadri-X
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman

Experience wise Dube most likely has an inside track on one of them, so it’s between Coronato and Ruzicka to earn the last one. If Ruzicka earns it I imagine Coronato spends the year in the AHL, where if Coronato earns it Ruzicka could centre the new look 4th line this year. Pelletier’s injury puts a damper on my hopes for a Ruzicka-Dube-Duehr 4th line though, what they lacked in experience they could’ve made up for with a fast hard hitting play style with some offense.

I'm leaning towards Huska doing a Mangiapane - Kadri - Coleman line with Backlund mentoring the kids... That or two vets on each line with a kid and basically a relatively close TOI 2A/2B option.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Should be a good option available on waivers while still giving a few kids an opportunity.
Absolutely, we only had 12 projected forwards and that included Pelts, Coronato, Duehr & Ruzicka. I think we were looking that route regardless for a 13th forward to be honest, now I could see us grab a couple players.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Just claim Phillips when he hits waivers. :sarcasm:
burn.gif

Havent checked in on him at all actually. Wonder how hes been.

• Haha
Reactions: Fig

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I know Wolf hasn't been lights out but I'm still super confident he's going to figure it out. He needs games, though. Love Vladar but it's time to unleash the Wolf.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know Wolf hasn't been lights out but I'm still super confident he's going to figure it out. He needs games, though. Love Vladar but it's time to unleash the Wolf.
With the Wranglers in Calgary, I think we can get Wolf games, and hold onto Vladar if we can't get a good deal for him.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
With the Wranglers in Calgary, I think we can get Wolf games, and hold onto Vladar if we can't get a good deal for him.
Y'know, that's actually not something I really thought of. D'oh! That's true. Darth and Wolf can battle it out!!

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We need wolf to play in the NHL. The value of keeping him happy far surpasses any draft pick we get for Vladar.

I think Vladar has a chance to turn into a stud. But I know Wolf will be a game breaker. This teams window is closing. If they don’t play him they’re crazy.

Reactions: deleted user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad