Speculation: Armchair GM 2023 Off-Season Edition: The Summer Without Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I expect Conroy is holding out for at least a 3rd.... from whoever.

It could be like the Burke thing. If you take anything you can, other GM will wait you out for other trades.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I expect Conroy is holding out for at least a 3rd.... from whoever.
It is not going to be a straight up draft pick trade if we want any value. Only 9 teams have enough cap space to add Vladar without sending money back. Of those 9 teams only 1 team seems to definitely need a goalie (Chicago), and another in Buffalo might be willing to add a goaltender.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
My only issue with Rasmus as the captain is if (and I think there is a large chance of this) he looks up to Backlund and sees him as above him in the hierarchy. If that's the dynamic in the locker room, I feel like the captaincy could be an awkward thing.
Here's the thing, I could still see Rasmus as captain. Him looking up to Backlund makes sense, because Backlund is the longest tenured Flame, is a community leader, and has been a long term leader on the team (admittedly, as an A, but still, he has also captained Sweden in international play). Any young guy coming to the team would be well suited to look up to Backlund. With that said, if Rasmus becomes Captain, I'm pretty sure Backlund would still have an A if he's not traded, and his role in team leadership likely wouldn't change much.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Take it all with a grain of salt ofc, but speculation is speculation:

Pretty much all bad news at the moment sans the Lindholm stuff (which I'm glad the team is holding firm, but pretty soon you need to commit to saying you are trading the guy if he won't sign). Might be a bit much, but going into training camp with absolutely no pen on paper is definitely concerning me.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Take it all with a grain of salt ofc, but speculation is speculation:

Pretty much all bad news at the moment sans the Lindholm stuff (which I'm glad the team is holding firm, but pretty soon you need to commit to saying you are trading the guy if he won't sign). Might be a bit much, but going into training camp with absolutely no pen on paper is definitely concerning me.

7zr6ma.jpg

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
LOL Lindholm with the Huberdeau contract except with a 90% bonus ratio cause the Flames are gonna fold and give him what he wants just like they did for Huberdeau
Not my money, I don't care if he's getting his entire salary in bonuses, dried fish, or if he's paid in NFTs. Cap hit AAV is what affects the team.

AAV of 10+ is maybe a bit high though.

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not my money, I don't care if he's getting his entire salary in bonuses, dried fish, or if he's paid in NFTs. Cap hit AAV is what affects the team.

AAV of 10+ is maybe a bit high though.
Actually bonuses do affect the team, because of the bonuses in the Lucic contract we couldn't buy him out with a year remaining and it cost us Monahan and a first.

Now I kinda hope he gets his entire salary in surströmming.
was that the gasoline flavored candy you brought?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Actually bonuses do affect the team, because of the bonuses in the Lucic contract we couldn't buy him out with a year remaining and it cost us Monahan and a first.

was that the gasoline flavored candy you brought?

It's a fermented canned fish that's basically explosive waste if not handled correctly.

Even so, I'd be curious to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad