Pre-Game Talk: Arizona Oilers vs Center of the Universe coming in Peace

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
For all they hit or play physical the Leafs should just save time, not bother with uniforms and come out with this.

1201759878.jpeg

images

EIE96VOX0AACqNB.jpg
There’s something here to snicker about with all of them but Marner takes the cake. Is he on his way to a hockey game or getting ready to walk a red carpet somewhere?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
There’s something here to snicker about with all of them but Marner takes the cake. Is he on his way to a hockey game or getting ready to walk a red carpet somewhere?
He looks like a kid who won a contest sponsored by GQ to go to the cool award shows with his favourite players and got an opportunity to play dress up.

Reactions: rboomercat90

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
You guys think Toronto will seek retribution from the Joe Thornton injury ?

I don't think Archie should be fighting Simmonds or Bogosian.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
We are basically coming to the end of the exhibition part of the schedule, and the team should have it's kinks worked out by the time they get back to EDM next week.

The 4th line is coming into view with Shore at center and Archie on his correct wing. That's the benefit of Neal coming back in as he prefers LW. Chiasson and Haas can rotate in to rest Neal when needed and keep Shore fresh and playing like he has this past week. Khaira is pretty much done as an Oiler.

L3 is the biggest worry right now but it needs time for Turris and JP to sort themselves out. Turris reminds me of Strome before we traded him right now so give it time. Good to get Ennis back (remember he had a very serious injury in the play-in) and Nygard can rotate in for him while gets up to speed. I'm not worried about effort with Turris so I'm willing to be patient.

L2 just needs to give Kahun more time to settle in. Numbers are good.

L1 is OK but a work in progress. I still think RNH is wasted with McDavid and is better suited to Drai. Kass is a good part-time guy but not an every day 1RW. So I'm happy they are slowly working JP in at 1RW and on the PP. Expect this to continue with Kass also getting time on L3. It seems pretty clear to me that he's a late bloomer in many ways and giving up on him could be seen as a huge mistake down the line.

I like Lars-KK as a shutdown pair but would get Nurse-Barrie together soon. Then we could rotate Russell (who played really well last night) Bear, Jones, Bouch and Lags. The idea of a Jones-Roslovic trades has some merit. I'm also not at all surprised that Bear is struggling a bit and would get him easier minutes this season if at all possible.

Koskinen starts again tomorrow, and if we win that game and Sunday, then I definitely give Skinner a start in the 2nd game against WPG since that buys Koskinen 3 days off .

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I hope these guys are being comically ironic about their dress up images like Ron Burgundy Anchorman, but I really think that is not the case and I'm giving too much credit even having that as a passing thought.

Its cringe all day with the Leafs dress ups. So over the top its hilarious.

I mean i don't if anybody fashion person told me that was a look, I wouldn't be wearing it..

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I know Chiasson has been junk mostly but let’s curb the enthusiasm for Neal a little bit. He’s gonna be big time rusty tomorrow.

That said, glad he’s back!

He adds to the PP and I think Shore and Archibald's mobility and defensive awareness mitigate his 5v5 deficiencies. Shore a welcomed addition to the 4th line. Good skater and a smart checker.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I can't wait until Matthews leaves them.

Just reading their echo chamber board of "omg I can't believe we lost to Edmonton the team with 2 better center's than weve ever had in our history... How could it happen?".

Are you claiming that 1992-1993/1993-1994 Doug Gilmour is not the greatest hockey player ever?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Neal is so expensive that you just got to keep trying him. If he becomes worth his money, it's a crazy gift to the team.

If I gather correctly, Nygard sitting has to do with his waiver status

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I absolutely implore the Leafs to go after someone and flip the switch for Kass.

I welcome that. Probably exactly what the big man needs. To punch some faces.
Haha leafs turning the physical level up would be a mistake. Butter soft team and acquiring and Simmonds didn’t change that.

Reactions: GOilers88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad