Pre-Game Talk: Arizona Oilers vs Center of the Universe coming in Peace

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good that Shore isn't coming out. Nygard hasn't been bad, its just that he has a lot of trouble at this level trying to win any pucks. Good speed, gets to where he needs to be, but has a lot of trouble in battle. Don't think his body holds up great either. Shore is a pitbull. Running through guys getting to pucks. Just love what he's brought to the table. He's an old school Ronnie Low 100 hits type player. Even decent with the puck. I would move him through the lineup at times and see what happens. Even put some pressure on Kassian to embarrass him into action. Shore has played 2 better games already than Kassian has played in the last 10mths.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He still sad about watching is guy get steamrolled by a pizza delivery boy?

Marner is going to be in a world of hurt today. Between the Nurse mugging and the Pulju hit, lol. Leafs don't like that kind of hockey much. What time is figure skating on? ;)

Marner probably crying about it this morning. "This isn't hockey, this is freak show, he took my head off" haha

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For all they hit or play physical the Leafs should just save time, not bother with uniforms and come out with this.

1201759878.jpeg

images

EIE96VOX0AACqNB.jpg

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Good that Shore isn't coming out. Nygard hasn't been bad, its just that he has a lot of trouble at this level trying to win any pucks. Good speed, gets to where he needs to be, but has a lot of trouble in battle. Don't think his body holds up great either. Shore is a pitbull. Running through guys getting to pucks. Just love what he's brought to the table. He's an old school Ronnie Low 100 hits type player. Even decent with the puck. I would move him through the lineup at times and see what happens. Even put some pressure on Kassian to embarrass him into action. Shore has played 2 better games already than Kassian has played in the last 10mths.
To be honest I think some of the problem is that it's quite hard to play with Puljujarvi. I mean sure he carries the puck up the ice but his board work is lacking, his passing is hit or (mostly) miss, and he isn't that great at keeping possession in the offensive zone. It also doesn't help that Turris has been practically invisible since the season started.

I'd keep Nygard in but with him already having cleared waivers I can see why he's the one to come out, especially over Shore who has looked better. Ideally I'd press box Kassian for a game and keep Nygard in, but we know Dave ain't doing that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I feel sorry for Muzzin being traded to this leafs GQ country club. What time are the fox hunts good chap. How do you like the cut of my trousers, what say good fellas, lets ditch the game and go to the regatta.

The great Gatsby has nothing on these posers. The only thing the Leafs win are fashion shows.

ps Nylander has a pretty punchable face, always thought that, should play for Calgary.,

This is just cringeworthy and typifies the leafs focus...This is NHL awards Leafs stylin;

Empire Receives Honourable Mentions by the Leafs - (empirecustoms.ca)

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Tippett continues to baffle and frustrate me.

Kassian's a liability - keep soaking up that gravy time with McDavid

Chiasson plays his first decent game of the year - that's it buddy, you're done

I'm so confused.

Kassian played well after the gaffe so I think it's fair to see if he can build on that (plus, there's no bottom 6 RW that really earned a promotion tbh).
Archibald penalty kills, Chiasson doesn't. Neal plays the same role Chiasson does so it makes sense to swap them.

Ennis for Nygard bothers me. Nygard has been the best player on that line the last two games and Ennis has been worse than dog poo so that's a head scratcher.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I feel sorry for Muzzin being traded to this leafs GQ country club. What time are the fox hunts good chap. How do you like the cut of my trousers, what say good fellas, lets ditch the game and go to the regatta.

The great Gatsby has nothing on these posers. The only thing the Leafs win are fashion shows.

ps Nylander has a pretty punchable face, always thought that, should play for Calgary.,

Que calgarys next phase of absorbing leaf castaways now that they have all of Vancouver's.

History truly does go in cycles

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Does playing better defensive hockey mean that the offensive play should be sloppy? Perhaps if they improved some of the passing and play making, they could reduce the defensive burden.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Win this game and we are tied with the team that most people predicted to win the division. Let’s go boys!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think Chiasson and Neal are redundant. I dont think both of them should be in the lineup together (unless we have injuries). If they want Neal on the PP, it makes sense to take Chiasson out imo. Also, if hes more vocal on the bench, having him in the line up might be a good idea. That being said Neal was terrible 5 on 5 last year, though he did play well in play-ins. I think Chiasson is actually a better 5 on 5 player because he is simply just more consistent.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
For reasons unknown to me, Edmonton has both Wells and Rodrigue on the taxi squad right now. Should be easy enough to move one of them.
I'm not 100% sure and it's probably easily fixable, but they have issues with Rodrigue having to quarantine from Austria

I also think they had Rodrigue coming back to the club before they put the waiver claim on that LA goalie. Once that LA goalie is cleared I suspect both Wells and Rodrigue are going to Bakersfield. In the meantime they have to keep Wells here, but not sure that they have to keep Rodrigue on taxi squad.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I know Chiasson has been junk mostly but let’s curb the enthusiasm for Neal a little bit. He’s gonna be big time rusty tomorrow.

That said, glad he’s back!
He would have been rusty whenver he came back. All he really needs to do is be better than Nygard at ES and Chiasson on PP.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think they just want to give Ennis a chance to get going. Let's be honest, Ennis at his best is a better player than Nygard. I also think Ennis and Neal give the Oilers some options to replace Kassian if he doesn't get it going.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Happy to see Chiasson out even if he wasn't completely horrible last night and its good to see Neal back. Can't for the life of me figure out why Kassian hasn't been demoted yet though. He hasn't even been that physical and he sure as hell isn't contributing anywhere else. I wish so badly Holland didn't jump the gun on signing him to an extension. Would he have got more than $1 million this year in FA?

I assume Thornton will be out for sometime but what happened to Matthews? I don't remember seeing anything happen to him last night.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Happy to see Chiasson out even if he wasn't completely horrible last night and its good to see Neal back. Can't for the life of me figure out why Kassian hasn't been demoted yet though. He hasn't even been that physical and he sure as hell isn't contributing anywhere else. I wish so badly Holland didn't jump the gun on signing him to an extension. Would he have got more than $1 million this year in FA?

I assume Thornton will be out for sometime but what happened to Matthews? I don't remember seeing anything happen to him last night.

Matthews probably scared that JP is going to run him over, like Marner got run over.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Tippett has started the transformation of the sad sack Edmonton Oilers into a happy but boring sack of the Arizona Oilers.

Stage 1. Initiate trap.
Stage 2. Initiate d zone collapse.
Stage 3. Initiate shot suppression.
Stage 4. Initiate discipline.
Stage 5. Initiate frustration of opponents.
Stage 6. Initiate fluke goals.
Stage 7. Initiate offence from opponent turnovers.
Stage 8. Initiate goaltending. (this button doesn't work)
Stage 9. Initiate McDavid and Draisatl.
Stage 10. Win.

I'd rather this and win a game 3-1 then get blown out by a rebuilding Blackhawks team. Offence is fun to watch but defence is what wins championships. We also have the advantage of McDrai breaking out at any given moment.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think they just want to give Ennis a chance to get going. Let's be honest, Ennis at his best is a better player than Nygard. I also think Ennis and Neal give the Oilers some options to replace Kassian if he doesn't get it going.

Ennis can elevate too. He's the only winger that really worked OK at all with Drai during the play ins. He's not a punter, actually has some hands and can play topsix if required. Nygard is just a pace player at this level. Doesn't add much other than pressuring pucks.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

I think he threw out his shoulder giving Pulju that love tap after the play.

Reactions: Laodongxi and ujju2

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Flames fan coming in peace.

Lucic >>>> Neal

Cassie said Lucic’s face can propel the Flames to victory and he is tough and stuff like that, and like he is big to.
If he still has the bleached hair it gives him a huge advantage over Neal and his bleached chompers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad