Pre-Game Talk: Arizona Oilers vs Center of the Universe coming in Peace

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I hope these guys are being comically ironic about their dress up images like Ron Burgundy Anchorman, but I really think that is not the case and I'm giving too much credit even having that as a passing thought.

Its cringe all day with the Leafs dress ups. So over the top its hilarious.

I mean i don't if anybody fashion person told me that was a look, I wouldn't be wearing it..
I miss the days when hockey players were tough guys. That group couldn’t be further from that. As long as they look nice, I guess. Those Sonnett insurance commercials have hit the nail on the head with this new generation of players.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It looked like a clean hit and a fluke injury to me. If anything, the hit on Marner probably pissed them off more.

Did you miss the first period play when Nurse overshot the play, said f*** it, grabbed onto Marners head while in full flight? That was hilarious imo. In comic world Marners head would come off and then be kicked around the ice by the Oilers, into the toronto net. or waste bin...hehe

Reactions: NoSavesFromKosko

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I've come to realize that the Oilers don't need to be a great team. We just need every other team to suck more than us.

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He barely checked him and Thornton is held together with duct tape and bailing wire so no.

I think its possible ribs break a little easier at age 41 than 21. Especially on a medical science body with as many miles as Thornton. Not sure what the leafs were thinking and I generally like Jumbo saying that. He just doesn't have much left. he goes on pure hockey instinct trying to make plays that his body can't make. The wierd thing is being big, and old, is probably worse for hockey. A lot of the times the sheer size of you, and weight, provides the physics for your own injuries. not in this specific example but anybody thats put on skates after a decade of waist enlargement and general larger body knows the feeling..

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The finally have a little, much needed, break for 3 days after tomorrow’s game. Would be nice to see them get back to .500 before that with a win tomorrow so that the fan base can stay somewhat satisfied for it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Did you miss the first period play when Nurse overshot the play, said f*** it, grabbed onto Marners head while in full flight? That was hilarious imo. In comic world Marners head would come off and then be kicked around the ice by the Oilers, into the toronto net. or waste bin...hehe
Hahaha that was the best part of the game.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Likely, I missed the first half of the 1st, maybe more. Nurse IMO had a good game during the time that I watched the game.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Except for that pesky Sunday game ...
Yeah I missed that, why do the Oilers play literally every other day right now and a team like the flames, who have only played 3 games, don’t even play till Sunday again. I mean it will all even out eventually but with how this team has been playing they could use some much needed practice time

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah I missed that, why do the Oilers play literally every other day right now and a team like the flames, who have only played 3 games, don’t even play till Sunday again. I mean it will all even out eventually but with how this team has been playing they could use some much needed practice time

It’s the Flames league mandated 5 day off period. Ours starts April 21.

Reactions: Smartguy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad