OT: Arizona Fan Biographies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Something funny I noticed is whenever I wear a Yotes jersey to a Canes game, the Canes win. Every time. And my kachina gets me a lot of high fives.
We're non traditional hockey market bros. I'd love if the Yotes and a team like the Canes or Panthers ever met up in the cup finals, the "hockey only belongs up north" crowd would have a collective aneurysm.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Name: Trent
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 205
Favorite food: Whiskey mostly (also noodles)
Favorite Coyote: OEL
Favorite non-Coyote: Max Domi
Next or other favorite team: Canadiens
Favorite Coyotes moment: Doan's hat-trick, and the handshake line after we beat the Hawks.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I picked up a newspaper with the headline that the Jets were moving to Phoenix. I started following the move, the naming, uniforms, watched the draft as we picked up Focht and Briere, watched the Mighty Ducks movie about 600 times, watched the first game on TV, and was forever hooked.

Last edited:

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Probably should throw this out there.

Name:
Andrew
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 189 lbs
Favorite TV show: Any Marvel Netflix show
Favorite food: Hummus
Favorite Coyote: Current - Clayton Keller; Past - Dallas Drake (grew up in same home town)
Favorite non-Coyote: Sean Couturier
Next or other favorite team: Detroit Red Wings
Non-hockey team: Fulham FC
How else is hockey in your life?: Just a fan now. Used to play and used to cover the sport for print and radio media.
Favorite Coyotes moment: First playoff series win in 2012.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Was a Jets fan (mostly due to a friend being on the team), just transitioned with them to Phoenix because had no investment in Winnipeg like other Jets fans.
Other Hockey-related: Was a terrible player. Decent skater. Became a much better skier so dropped hockey to ski bum!

Reactions: ck26 and Prarievarg

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Name: Stephan
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 170
Favorite food: anything weird or new
Favorite non-Coyote: Current: Ovie, All-time: Forsberg
How else is hockey in your life?: I play C & D league hockey. I played as a kid for a few years, I wasn't anything special, got back into it 4 years ago. There's just no sport like it.
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2012 playoffs - I bought tickets for the duration of the playoffs and attended every game, it was amazing.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I moved to Phoenix from France in '98. I had always wanted to see an NHL game, so i went to see the local team with a $ 10 limited view student ticket. I was hooked. I attended the Blues playoff series in '99, with that game 7 loss. America West Arena was rocking!!! Oh, and watching Forsberg play in person that season. Incredible.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I haven't been around here posting for a few years now, school caught up with me. So thought I would re-introduce myself.

I actually grew up a Leafs fan until the age of 14. Mike Smith was a family friend, so he got my family tickets when we had gone down to Florida on vacation when he was with Tampa.
Good to see you back man.

Name: Grant
Hometown: Dallas
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200
Favorite TV show: don't watch TV
Favorite food: fish
Favorite Coyote: Moss, Yandle Dvorak maybe?
Favorite non-Coyote: Jere Lehtinen, Sergei Zubov, Sergei Fedorov Yands
Next or other favorite team: Stars, U Michigan
How else is hockey in your life?: Played in high school, occasional PS3 PS4, listen religiously to the Spittin' Chiclets podcast

Favorite Coyotes moment: came back to the Valley last winter for the wedding of a guy and girl whom I had season tickets next to in 2014-2015. Wedding was Friday and we went to the game the next night, only a few seats away from our old seats. Great visit.

Got a week up in Ontario in 2016 to see Strome (in Erie and @Mississauga), Dvorak (in London), MacInnis (@Erie) and Perlini (in Niagara) play for their juniors teams, wore Coyotes jersey to every game and had great talks over bad Canadian beer with the locals.

Wore my OEL jersey to the Leksands IF game in Sweden last year, OEL's old team, three hour train ride from Stockholm, tiny quaint town, Swedish fans buying me beers and pizzas in the stadium. Great trip.

How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: When I moved to town in 2013

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Updated ~ Aug. 7, 2019

Name: James
Hometown: Minneapolis (Now Phoenix)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 220
Favorite TV show: Joe Rogan Podcast and The Hockey Guy on Youtube.
Favorite food: BBQ and Shellfish
Favorite Coyote: Phil Kessel and Lawson Crouse
Favorite non-Coyote: Non-active: Chris Pronger Active: Sasha Barkov and Sidney Crosby
Next or other favorite team: Wild and Kings
Favorite Coyotes moment: 3/31/2018 Coyotes 6 Blues 0. Goals by Chychrun, Goligoski, Panik, OEL, Shenn, Rinaldo. Strome with three assists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katie Connauton

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Weight: 205
Favorite non-Coyote: Max Domi
Next or other favorite team: Canadiens
Favorite Coyotes moment: Doan's hat-trick, and the handshake line after we beat the Hawks.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I picked up a newspaper with the headline that the Jets were moving to Phoenix. I started following the move, the naming, uniforms, watched the draft as we picked up Focht and Briere, watched the Mighty Ducks movie about 600 times, watched the first game on TV, and was forever hooked.
Update:
Weight: 212* (+7lbs of pure animal fat)
Occupation: Business Development Manager* (little promotion for ya)
Favorite Coyote: Kessel* (sorry OEL ya got bumped)
Favorite non-Coyote: Max Domi/Yandle
Next or other favorite team: Canadiens/Panthers* (Go Max & Yandle!)

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Name: Cory
Hometown: London, Ont. (home of the Knights...)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150
Favorite TV show: HIMYM! Either that or "The Newsroom" or "House of Cards" Silicon Valley, Trailer Park Boys
Favorite food: Chicken, Pasta
Favorite Coyote: Radim Vrbata We have a REALLY likeable team ... OEL, Kells, Chychrun, Crouse, Raanta ...
Favorite non-Coyote: Zdeno CharaChara is still solid but maybe Jack Eichel? I watched way too much video of him in 2015...
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins Boston is still solid too but Florida is likable, and now they're finally going to be good
How else is hockey in your life?: Mostly just following it and reading about it 24/7, except I haven't played in a number of years
Favorite Coyotes moment: Ray Whitney's playoff OT winner vs. Nashville
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Former Leafs fan turned Coyotes fan. I became tired of the Leafs' continued failure and ownership's monopoly of the market. At the same time, I've followed the Coyotes since the ownership story came to light, and followed more closely during each playoff run. I pulled the plug and became a full-time Coyotes fan during last year's playoff run. The Leafs are now my ex-wife.

Six years later

Reactions: Grimes

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Idea taken from the Lounge and Avs board. I don't know really any of you guys. It would be nice to get to know my fellow Yote fans better..

I'll start

Name: Steven
Hometown: Goodyear, AZ
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 212
Occupation: Work in a supplement/nutrition store. Also a Firefighter intern.
Favorite TV show: The Walking Dead
Favorite food: Orange chicken
Favorite Coyote: Boeds
Favorite non-Coyote: Zetterberg
Next or other favorite team: Sharks :help:, Avs
How else is hockey in your life?: Used to play AA/AAA Travel, now I just go to drop ins
Favorite Coyotes moment: Last year WCF.. It was a great run
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Originally had season tix to the ECHL roadrunners.. Got hooked onto hockey.
Name: Steven
Hometown: Goodyear, AZ
Weight: 230
Favorite food: Yoshis
Favorite Coyote: Kessel
Favorite non-Coyote: Love watching Crosbys game, Keith Yandle, Max Domi
Next or other favorite team: Ducks (wifes team) and big Utah Jazz fan (sick league).
How else is hockey in your life?: Beer league
Favorite Coyotes moment: WCF run, upsetting the Hawks that year in the first round
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Originally had season tix to the ECHL roadrunners.. Got hooked onto hockey. Became Yotes fan in 08'ish

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Since this was bumped and I'm intoxicated so why not:

Name: Tricia
Height: 6’0"
Weight: 145
Occupation: Firefighter/paramedic trainee, "part time" (they schedule me for so much more though) McDonald's employee in the meantime
Favorite food: Not McDonald's
Favorite Coyote: Niklas Hjalmarsson (when I played I was a shutdown defender so this is appropriate)
Favorite non-Coyote: Marc-Andre Fleury
Next or other favorite team: Vegas Golden Knights
Favorite Coyotes moment: At this point, probably Alex Meruelo buying the team
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I'm an Arizona native and checked out hockey once on FSAZ. I got hooked. Enough said, right?

Reactions: Dead Coyote

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Since this was bumped and I'm intoxicated so why not:

Name: Tricia
Height: 6’0"
Weight: 145
Occupation: Firefighter/paramedic trainee, "part time" (they schedule me for so much more though) McDonald's employee in the meantime
Favorite food: Not McDonald's
Favorite Coyote: Niklas Hjalmarsson (when I played I was a shutdown defender so this is appropriate)
Favorite non-Coyote: Marc-Andre Fleury
Next or other favorite team: Vegas Golden Knights
Favorite Coyotes moment: At this point, probably Alex Meruelo buying the team
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I'm an Arizona native and checked out hockey once on FSAZ. I got hooked. Enough said, right?

What's up with Gainesville? New job?

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
Name: Peter
Hometown: Gothenburg, Sweden
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 202
Favorite TV show: The Wire
Favorite food: Spaghetti Vongole
Favorite non-Coyote: Henrik Lundqvist
Next or other favorite team: -
How else is hockey in your life?: Go to occasional Frölunda games but the past few years only playoff games.
Favorite Coyotes moment: When Domi beat up Kesler
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Growing up if was difficult to watch games from Sweden. So I would play lots of NHL on playstation. Coyotes became my favorite team and I believe it was mostly due to the Kachina jerseys.​

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Name: Tony
Hometown: Indianapolis, IN
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 225
Occupation: Ex-sports media, now herding local news cats and writing long things in postgraduate education
Favorite TV show: The Good Place, Steven Universe, American Ninja Warrior, A.P. Bio
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite Coyote: Niklas Hjalmarsson (active; all-time is Shane Doan)
Favorite non-Coyote: Keith Yandle
Next or other favorite team: The "Bunch of Jerks"
How else is hockey in your life? Fan of ASU Hockey, Arizona Kachinas, and am a big believer in the women's pro game
Favorite Coyotes moment: Winning the playoff series against the Blackhawks in 2012; Alex Meruelo buying the team
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? Opening night at Gila River Arena, 2003. Third-ever pro hockey game I'd seen. Got season tickets after the lockout ended and never looked back.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Name: Chris
Hometown: Redding, CA
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 212 (was) 195
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld, The Walking Dead
Favorite food: Still Sushi
Favorite Coyote: Still OEL
Favorite non-Coyote: Stamkos, New-Matthews (hate the Leafs though)
Next or other favorite team: Still Tampa Bay
How else is hockey in your life?: Quit beer league 2 seasons ago because of back issues - but still coach youth hockey - trying to get back issues resolved to resume playing beer league so I can play with my son
Favorite Coyotes moment: Doan Hat Trick - great moment and basically any time we beat Chicago (loathe Chicago)
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Moved here 18 years ago and adopted the home team immediately

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Name: Louie
Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska
Height: 6’3"
Weight: 165
Occupation: I work and study at GCU, do a lot of stuff with their alumni
Favorite TV Show: Sons of Anarchy and Peaky Blinders
Favorite food: Italian
Favorite Coyote: Niklas Hjalmarsson
Favorite non-Coyote: Jake Guentzel
Next or other favorite team: Everytime I'm ever asked this, I really have started to realize that I don't like other teams, just other players
Favorite Coyotes moment:
How else is hockey in your life?: Back when I lived in Omaha, I was a huge UNO Mavericks fan. Got to watch Jake Guentzel and Josh Archibald kill it for them
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?:I've always had family in the valley. Went to a game when I was a kid and I had my team.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Hometown:
Muskegon, MI
Height: 180 cm/6'1"
Weight: 79 kg/170 lbs (unchanged)
Occupation: Engineer, Honeywell. An engineer could do a lot worse. (Retired since 2016, highly recommended)
Favorite TV show:
The Office (nah, it's Better Call Saul), all time probably Northern Exposure.
Favorite food: Steak
Favorite Coyote: Radim Vrbata (Niklas Hjalmarsoon - nice to see others feel the same)
Favorite non-Coyote:
Active: Ovechkin, All-time: Gretzky
Next or other favorite team: Red Wings (a distant second)
Non-hockey team: D-Backs, Cardinals
How else is hockey in your life?: Play roller in a beer league twice per week, has been my favorite sport since I was a mite (still hanging on)
Favorite Coyotes moment:
Advancing to Conference Finals last season. (ugh, seven seasons ago)
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?:
I had been living here for 11 years when the team arrived, patiently awaiting an NHL team that entire time.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Name: Pat
Hometown: Parsippany, NJ and Shoreham, NY
Height: 6-4 (haven't shrunk yet)
Weight: 220 pounds (down 10 pounds from 5 years ago).
Occupation: Procurement for a Fortune 50 company, 5 years ago account management for a Fortune 50 company
Favorite TV show: The Office, but Brockmire is giving it a run
Favorite food: Pizza or Steak
Favorite Coyote: Hmm, probably Dvorak, Fischer or Chychrun
Favorite non-Coyote: Active: was Tavares, now Brian Boyle. All-time: Bryan Trottier and Shane Doan
Next or other favorite team: Devils and Islanders
Non-hockey team: 49ers
How else is hockey in your life?: Volunteer coach for Desert Hockey Development up until the past year.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Hanzal OT goal vs Chicago Game 1 in 2012 and the final seconds of Game 5 vs Nashville in 2012.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Relocated to AZ from NJ 20 years ago, attended a couple of Coyote games at AWA in 1996 during business trips and I was hooked. Want that feeling back. STHer for 9 years (including the 2 future seasons I recently signed up for)
Other Hockey-related: first hockey game I attended was an ECHL or NAHL game between the Long Island Ducks vs Johnstown Jets in early/mid '70's at the old Commack Arena (now known as the Long Island Arena). Dingy old barn, saw a puck laying on floor behind the glass, picked it up and I was sold.

The Ducks were best known for player-head coach John Brophy, who is believed to be the role model for Paul Newman's character of Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot.

The Jets roster included the Carlson brothers, who as we know became the basis for the Hanson Brothers. Jets had the same uniforms as the Chiefs in Slap Shot and years later changed their name to the Chiefs.

Didn't know any of those things at the time.
Bio's? Must be August.

Age +1 (and one year closer to retirement)
Weight +8
Favorite Coyote moment - April 4, 2020. Phil Kessel's OT goal vs Peg puts the Coyotes in the playoffs. 7 months later he's elected POTUS

#Phil2020

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Name: Hogan
Hometown: Falmouth, ME
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200
Favorite TV show: Futuroma
Favorite food: Grilled Chicken
Favorite Coyote:
OEL
Favorite non-Coyote: Brandon Carlo
Next or other favorite team: Bruins
How else is hockey in your life?: I wish I could work in hockey one day, just not sure how to get there yet. Played hockey into college (just at a club level, no varsity level) and continue playing on men's league teams in the area.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Watching Smitty stand on his head during the 2012 playoff run.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Meet Lucas Lessio in person at a local skate shop when I was younger. Also loved the alternate/throwback jerseys, I thought they were some of the best jerseys in hockey.

Hometown: Falmouth, ME
Weight: 215
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones
Favorite food: Grilled Chicken OR Bacon, cheddar and broccoli salad
Favorite Coyote: Keller
Favorite non-Coyote: Yandle/Kevin Hayes/Whitney
Next or other favorite team: Bruins
Favorite Coyotes moment: Getting a notification saying DT had been let go/Barroway's sale to Meurlo

Lot's of things have changed in a couple of years haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad