OT: Arizona Fan Biographies

Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
So I was thinking about the posters around here and felt like I was actually one of the younger individuals posting. Turns out I'm not. There are a number of you that are younger than me but don't write like it. I also wanted to see how much had changed from my post. Turns out not a lot. Anyway to the point, I figured I would do a little update and push this to the top in case there were new posters who wanted to get to know us and vice versa.

Name: Zack
Hometown: Ahwatukee, Az
Height: 6'1
Weight: 155 165
Favorite TV show: Suits
Favorite food: Steak Tacos
Favorite Coyote: Hanzal Chychrun
Favorite non-Coyote: Al MacInnis and Mike Modano
Next or other favorite team: Dallas Stars, Philadelphia Flyers, and Minnesota Wild
How else is hockey in your life? A lot less than it used to be, I still read and watch as much as I can.
Favorite Coyotes moment: An ex took me to a game for my birthday 4 or 5 7 or 8 years back against Detroit. We were down 4-1 going into the third and we came back to win it in a SO. Was an unbelievable experience.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? My buddies and I would play street hockey so when the coyotes came to town it was a natural fit. Been a die hard fan ever sense.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So I was thinking about the posters around here and felt like I was actually one of the younger individuals posting. Turns out I'm not. There are a number of you that are younger than me but don't write like it. I also wanted to see how much had changed from my post. Turns out not a lot. Anyway to the point, I figured I would do a little update and push this to the top in case there were new posters who wanted to get to know us and vice versa.

Name: Zack
Hometown: Ahwatukee, Az
Height: 6'1
Weight: 155 165
Favorite TV show: Suits
Favorite food: Steak Tacos
Favorite Coyote: Hanzal Chychrun
Favorite non-Coyote: Al MacInnis and Mike Modano
Next or other favorite team: Dallas Stars, Philadelphia Flyers, and Minnesota Wild
How else is hockey in your life? A lot less than it used to be, I still read and watch as much as I can.
Favorite Coyotes moment: An ex took me to a game for my birthday 4 or 5 7 or 8 years back against Detroit. We were down 4-1 going into the third and we came back to win it in a SO. Was an unbelievable experience.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? My buddies and I would play street hockey so when the coyotes came to town it was a natural fit. Been a die hard fan ever sense.

Brave bio update. When you get much older, not only will you need to adjust your weight up, but your height down. :laugh:

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Name: Chris
Hometown: Redding, CA
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 195 205
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld Colony
Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite Coyote: OEL, Vrbata, Boedker Keller
Favorite non-Coyote: St. Louis, Stamkos
Next or other favorite team: Tampa Bay
How else is hockey in your life?: it's our life, from kid travel AA to roller to playing myself weekly, there is nothing better than all hockey all the time
Favorite Coyotes moment: Doan Hat Trick, Playoff Successes, Anytime we beat Detroit or San Jose or Chicago
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Moved here 11 years ago and became instant fan and STH last 7 years - waiting for team to move east to become STH again

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Guess I can update mine too.

Name:
Tony
Hometown: Indianapolis, IN
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 220 230 :(
Occupation: Ex-sports media, now wrangling publications and media in postgraduate education
Favorite TV show: Parks and Recreation (season 2 onwards) The Good Place, Steven Universe, Trial & Error
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite Coyote: Shane Doan
Favorite non-Coyote: Jonathan Toews Max Domi
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins Vegas Golden Knights
How else is hockey in your life? I quietly sneak money to the NAU IceJacks program when I can afford it. And I can claim that the first pro hockey game I ever saw featured Wayne Gretzky as an Indianapolis Racer.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Winning the playoff series against the Blackhawks in 2012
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? I bought a ticket to opening night when Glendale Arena opened in 2003, and then I bought season tickets with my dad after the lockout. Been lodged in the lower bowl ever since. :(

Last edited:

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Name: Tom
Hometown: Muskegon, MI
Height: 180 cm/6'1"
Weight: 79 kg/170 lbs (unchanged, but maybe slightly redistributed since 2013)
Occupation: Engineer, Honeywell. An engineer could do a lot worse. Retired (at 54) engineer. Suck on it.
Favorite TV show: The Office, all time probably Northern Exposure.
Favorite food: Steak
Favorite Coyote: Radim Vrbata Niklas Hjalmarsson
Favorite non-Coyote: Active: Ovechkin, All-time: Gretzky
Next or other favorite team: Red Wings (a distant second)
Non-hockey team: D-Backs, Cardinals
How else is hockey in your life?: Play roller in a beer league twice per week, has been my favorite sport since I was a mite.
Still playing!
Favorite Coyotes moment: Advancing to Conference Finals last season. way back in 2012 (ugh).
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I had been living here for 11 years when the team arrived, patiently awaiting an NHL team that entire time.[/QUOTE]

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Name: Pat
Hometown: Parsippany, NJ and Shoreham, NY
Height: 6-4 (haven't shrunk yet)
Weight: 220 pounds (down 10 pounds from 5 years ago).
Occupation: Procurement for a Fortune 50 company, 5 years ago account management for a Fortune 50 company
Favorite TV show: The Office, but Brockmire is giving it a run
Favorite food: Pizza or Steak
Favorite Coyote: Hmm, probably Dvorak, Fischer or Chychrun
Favorite non-Coyote: Active: was Tavares, now Brian Boyle. All-time: Bryan Trottier and Shane Doan
Next or other favorite team: Devils and Islanders
Non-hockey team: 49ers
How else is hockey in your life?: Volunteer coach for Desert Hockey Development up until the past year.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Hanzal OT goal vs Chicago Game 1 in 2012 and the final seconds of Game 5 vs Nashville in 2012.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Relocated to AZ from NJ 20 years ago, attended a couple of Coyote games at AWA in 1996 during business trips and I was hooked. Want that feeling back. STHer for 9 years (including the 2 future seasons I recently signed up for)
Other Hockey-related: first hockey game I attended was an ECHL or NAHL game between the Long Island Ducks vs Johnstown Jets in early/mid '70's at the old Commack Arena (now known as the Long Island Arena). Dingy old barn, saw a puck laying on floor behind the glass, picked it up and I was sold.

The Ducks were best known for player-head coach John Brophy, who is believed to be the role model for Paul Newman's character of Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot.

The Jets roster included the Carlson brothers, who as we know became the basis for the Hanson Brothers. Jets had the same uniforms as the Chiefs in Slap Shot and years later changed their name to the Chiefs.

Didn't know any of those things at the time.

Last edited:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Occupation: Procurement for a Fortune 50 company, 5 years ago account management for a Fortune 50 company
Favorite non-Coyote: Active: was Tavares, now Brian Boyle. All-time: Bryan Trottier and Shane Doan
How else is hockey in your life?: Volunteer coach for Desert Hockey Development up until the past year.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Hanzal OT goal vs Chicago Game 1 in 2012 and the final seconds of Game 5 vs Nashville in 2012.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Relocated to AZ from NJ 20 years ago, attended a couple of Coyote games at AWA in 1996 during business trips and I was hooked. Want that feeling back. STHer for 9 years (including the 2 future seasons I recently signed up for)
Other Hockey-related: first hockey game I attended was an ECHL or NAHL game between the Long Island Ducks vs Johnstown Jets in early/mid '70's at the old Commack Arena (now known as the Long Island Arena). Dingy old barn, saw a puck laying on floor behind the glass, picked it up and I was sold.

The Ducks were best known for player-head coach John Brophy, who is believed to be the role model for Paul Newman's character of Reggie Dunlop in Slap Shot.

The Jets roster included the Carlson brothers, who as we know became the basis for the Hanson Brothers. Jets had the same uniforms as the Chiefs in Slap Shot and years later changed their name to the Chiefs.

You have a brain I would love to pick from a business perspective! I work with a lot of companies procurement teams, very friendly bunch.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
You have a brain I would love to pick from a business perspective! I work with a lot of companies procurement teams, very friendly bunch.
I've worked on both sides....appreciate the difficult job of suppliers and personally approach things positively. Different from many of my peers.

PM if you have any questions.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Name: Kenny (Shiloh)
Hometown: South Bay, CA
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175
Favorite TV show: Breaking Bad
Favorite food: Italian
Favorite Coyote: OEL, Vermette, Boedker
Favorite non-Coyote: Duchene
Next or other favorite team: I like Philly and Colorado
How else is hockey in your life?: Played growing up. I was the goon.
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2009 Playoffs Debut :nod:
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: i became a fan in a very sentimental way. I had a rough childhood in which i lost connection to both of my parents to drugs and prison. I was emancipated at age 12, and started jumping from household to household trying to find a permanent home with my little sister by my side. I started military training around the same age (12) through specific programs, and met a war veteran who saw my situation and became our surrogate grandfather. My sister and i were not in good homes, environments, or neighborhoods, so he took action and bought us season tickets to the Coyotes, since he knew i played hockey, and he was already a season ticket holder. The Coyotes became my safe haven, they literally saved me from a lot. I will never forget how i became a fan, and i owe it all to a great, selfless man who took my sister and I as if were his own. He passed right before the start of last season, but his legacy lives on with the Coyotes in my eyes. May he rest in peace, and go Yotes!

EDIT: Saw the other biography thread from a while ago, like the picture idea, gives a face to the name. rt, you're a party animal! New category.

Face to the name:
331j38j.jpg

Hometown:
South Bay, CA
Height: 5'11
Weight: 175
Not allowed to say Director of Client Growth (Business Development)
Favorite TV show:
Breaking Bad - UPDATE: STILL THE BEST SHOW EVER
Favorite food:
Italian
Favorite Coyote: OEL, Vermette, Boedker Keller, Perlini
Favorite non-Coyote:
Duchene Barzal, Domi, Subban
Next or other favorite team:
I like Philly and Colorado - Add Nashville. Been to TN a lot lately and I love that team
How else is hockey in your life?:
Played growing up. I was the goon.
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2009 Playoffs Debut :nod:
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: i became a fan in a very sentimental way. I had a rough childhood in which i lost connection to both of my parents to drugs and prison. I was emancipated at age 12, and started jumping from household to household trying to find a permanent home with my little sister by my side. I started military training around the same age (12) through specific programs, and met a war veteran who saw my situation and became our surrogate grandfather. My sister and i were not in good homes, environments, or neighborhoods, so he took action and bought us season tickets to the Coyotes, since he knew i played hockey, and he was already a season ticket holder. The Coyotes became my safe haven, they literally saved me from a lot. I will never forget how i became a fan, and i owe it all to a great, selfless man who took my sister and I as if were his own. He passed right before the start of the 2011-2012 season, but his legacy lives on with the Coyotes in my eyes. May he rest in peace, and go Yotes! - Update, still the same

Last edited:

teddyli

Feb 4, 2018
Name: Ted
Hometown: Ma'anshan, Anhui, China
Height: 178cm
Weight: 70kg
Favorite TV show: Penn & Teller Fool Us
Favorite food: many hhh
Favorite Coyote: Clayton Keller
Favorite non-Coyote: Roman Josi
Next or other favorite team: Preds
How else is hockey in your life?: Na
Favorite Coyotes moment: Raanta makes a save~
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Phoenix Suns fan, so when sports channel started broadcasting NHL here in China, I followed Coyotes. I think it was 2014, the beginning of this rebuild (sad).

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Name: Andrew
Hometown: Albuquerque, NM
Height: 6’1
Weight: 160 lbs
Favorite TV Show: South Park/Mr. Robot
Favorite Food: Italian - Shrimp scampi
Favorite Coyote: Recent - OEL/Doan...Throwbacks - Roenick/Gartner
Favorite non-Coyote: Toews/Laine
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins
How else is hockey in your life: I played AA/AAA travel in multiple states growing up, but other than the Yotes and occasionally tearing up some EA on the PS4 hockey isn’t currently part of my life. Hoping to get into a good league in the near future.
Favorite Coyotes Moment: Has to be the WCF run...got to go to a couple games of the NSH series, good times.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan?: My dad took me to the first ever game which was against SJ and I’ve watched the vast majority of the games ever since. I played on a youth team in squirts with Gartner’s daughter and assistant coach Paul Mclean’s son (who was the only one ahead of me in points haha). My most treasured sports keepsake is a kachina jersey that my dad gave to Gartner to have signed by the whole team in their inaugural season...still need to get it framed and up on my wall.

Good to get to know some more details about you guys and gals... Go Yotes!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
My original post is gone but if we're updating this, here I go:

Name: Tricia
Age: 32 (I often feel old on the internet, but not here)
Hometown: Tempe, Arizona
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 117 lbs (yikes!)
Favorite TV show: Rarely ever watch TV shows, but let's go with Firefly
Favorite food: Tomato soup
Favorite Coyote: At this rate, I'm going to have to go with Liam Kirk if he counts. If not, Antti Raanta
Favorite non-Coyote: Marc-André Fleury
Next or other favorite team: Vegas Golden Knights
Non-hockey team: Toronto Blue Jays
How else is hockey in your life?: Not anymore unfortunately. I used to officiate hockey in the valley for several years though.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Hanzal Krystofer Kolanos' penalty shot goal against Patrick Roy.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Grew up watching mostly college football. Tuned in to a Coyotes game out of curiosity during the 01-02 season and got hooked on the sport.
Other Hockey-related: Used to officiate and play rec league. Played high school hockey for Mesquite High School in the 02-03 and 03-4 seasons. Completely obsessed with hockey at this point in my life.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Other Hockey-related: Used to officiate and play rec league. Played high school hockey for Mesquite High School in the 02-03 and 03-4 seasons. Completely obsessed with hockey at this point in my life.

The high school stats seem to have disappeared (it was called "Thunder on Ice" I think), but if you ever played in Chandler from 2000-08 roughly, their stats are still available here:
Sportability » Polar Ice-Chandler at Sportability

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ

Wow, the Long Island Arena. I'm originally from Commack and I vaguely remember going to Ducks games as a little boy (I'm 57 as well). I also played youth hockey in the old LI Arena.
I currently work in LA and have an apartment there, but I have a house in Surprise, AZ. Although I'm an Islanders fan, I love the Yotes and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they succeed in AZ. My love of hockey comes first and not having a team in AZ would be awful. I also don't see the Yotes and the Isles ever really being rivals unless they both somehow played in the Stanley Cup, so Isles are 1A and Yotes are 1B.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Name: Leander (rare name)
Hometown: Wadersloh, Münsterland, NRW, GER
Height: 185cm
Weight: 65kg (weight myself today, i lost 5 pounds from working in a cookie factory [is called Schulte] ;D)
Favorite TV show: Game of Thrones and a bunch of Animes
Favorite food: Beer, Japanese Food
Favorite Coyote: OEL
Favorite non-Coyote: Seidenberg, Grubi, Patrick Marleau, Danny aus den Birken :D
Next or other favorite team: Maple Leafs, Islanders
Non-hockey team: Vfb Stuttgart
How else is hockey in your life?: Nothing. I am going to study in the only hockey town of the Netherlands, so i hope to establish a university team.
Favorite Coyotes moment: 6:1 against the Blackhawks this febuary. Awesome
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: I have a thing for the underdogs and when i came into contact with Hockey and watched a lot of games, i thought to myself: " they look like a team of the future".
Other Hockey-related: I am really new to the sport. Got hocked on it during the german run for the gold medal this spring. Watched every game of it got up at 5 am to watch the final against russia. Afterwards i watched all the playoff games (some live [2] most of them as highlights). This was also the time, my oldest brother was working for his company in Toronto so i send him out to watch a maple leafs game (he ended up watching game 7 against the Bruins) in a bar. And i got hooked on the Leafs. Afterwards i learned to also love (or even more ) the Yotes :D

Last edited:

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
It has been a long ass time now, but he actually was a Coyote for a little while.
Of course that still makes him a non-Coyote now I suppose.
Another player on that list of guys who left here and broke out somewhere else :laugh:
I know. I looked it up before i wrote it. But yeah, it would be a shame if he would retire.
in my opinion the Leafs should aquire him. He is still good and they like old but gold players there (Marleau).

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Welcome, Leander! I had to go over to the German version of Wikipedia to confirm that, but sure enough, there's Tilburg in the 3rd (I believe) level of German hockey:

Eishockey-Oberliga 2018/19 – Wikipedia
Well thank you.

Yeah they are int the Oberliga West. But the cannot go up in the DEl 2, because the DEL 2 doesn't want that. Even though Tilburg won the last 3 playoffs against the Oberliga Süd (second devision). Thats a game for the golden pineapple like we say in germany.
It's not fair and the otehr Oberliga teams also want tilburg to go into the DEl 2. but with the new Agreement between the DEL and the DEL2 for descent and rise into the leagues it can change. i hope so :D

And i need to find a room in Tilburg. Hard as F***. Most people don'T rent to international students. And the rent is freaking high.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Name: Matt
Hometown: Herkimer, NY
Height: 5'10
Weight: 140
Favorite TV show: Space Dandy
Favorite food: Apples
Favorite non-Coyote: Teuvo Teravainen
Next or other favorite team: Carolina Hurricanes, Tampa Bay Lightning
How else is hockey in your life? I'm a Canes STM, but try to follow the Yotes as much as I can, mainly recaps and highlights.
Favorite Coyotes moment: After many years of following them from afar, I finally flew to AZ two years ago in December and caught 2 games and a Roadrunners game. The lost to the Flames on Thursday, the Runners beat Ontario on Friday, and the Yotes beat the Preds on Saturday. I met a bunch of cool people at the games, including someone who happened to be a member here and had a blast. Everyone really seemed to appreciate me being a visiting Coyotes fan from NY (at the time). I'm coming back this December and doing the same thing, Yotes on Thursday, Runners on Friday, Yotes on Saturday. I can't wait.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? They started playing when I was in kindergarten. I remember seeing highlights on sportscenter (my brother always put in on the TV when we got up) one morning before school and falling in love with their uniforms. I've admired them from afar ever since. Being from NY, I couldn't really watch them, so I would read about them. I would always earmark the dates on which they would play NYR, the Isles, Devils, and Sabres so I could actually see them. I loved it when the local teams would visit them. I would stay up late for it and imagine that I was there. As a kid, I always thought it was awesome that hockey was in places like Arizona where you wouldn't normally think. I was in for a shock when I began going on message boards and reading comments sections. I think that made me even more attached to the Yotes.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Name: Matt
Hometown: Herkimer, NY
Height: 5'10
Weight: 140
Favorite TV show: Space Dandy
Favorite food: Apples
Favorite non-Coyote: Teuvo Teravainen
Next or other favorite team: Carolina Hurricanes, Tampa Bay Lightning
How else is hockey in your life? I'm a Canes STM, but try to follow the Yotes as much as I can, mainly recaps and highlights.
Favorite Coyotes moment: After many years of following them from afar, I finally flew to AZ two years ago in December and caught 2 games and a Roadrunners game. The lost to the Flames on Thursday, the Runners beat Ontario on Friday, and the Yotes beat the Preds on Saturday. I met a bunch of cool people at the games, including someone who happened to be a member here and had a blast. Everyone really seemed to appreciate me being a visiting Coyotes fan from NY (at the time). I'm coming back this December and doing the same thing, Yotes on Thursday, Runners on Friday, Yotes on Saturday. I can't wait.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? They started playing when I was in kindergarten. I remember seeing highlights on sportscenter (my brother always put in on the TV when we got up) one morning before school and falling in love with their uniforms. I've admired them from afar ever since. Being from NY, I couldn't really watch them, so I would read about them. I would always earmark the dates on which they would play NYR, the Isles, Devils, and Sabres so I could actually see them. I loved it when the local teams would visit them. I would stay up late for it and imagine that I was there. As a kid, I always thought it was awesome that hockey was in places like Arizona where you wouldn't normally think. I was in for a shock when I began going on message boards and reading comments sections. I think that made me even more attached to the Yotes.

Welcome brother!!!

Reactions: zetastrike

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Name: Rob
Age: 50 56 (yeah, I'm fartin' dust, still) halfway to 112
Hometown: Baltimore MD
Height: 5' 10
Weight: 200
Favorite TV show: Top Gear UK version
Favorite food: Crab cakes
Favorite Coyote: Vrbata Remains to be seen
Favorite non-Coyote: Whitney Ovi, Hanzal when/if he plays
Next or other favorite team: Penguins (Baltimore's minor league team was affiliated with them)
Non-hockey team: Cards, D-Backs, Ravens, Orioles
How else is hockey in your life?: Gives my in-laws in Yuma a reason to come visit
Favorite Coyotes moment: Doan hat-trick (after game 7 vs Detroit when we were cheering "Lets-go-Coyotes" was quite memorable, too.)

How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Got a couple free tickets to a game in March 2008 and went with the wife. Liked it and started getting Howliday packs the next season (coincides with our anniversary). Cutting back on games with 2 daughters going to ASU.

Reactions: doaner

Kojootti

Aug 3, 2018
Name: Seb
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 185
Favorite TV show: Mindhunter, All in the Family :)
Favorite food: Omnivore
Favorite Coyote: Doan, OEL, Keller
Favorite non-Coyote: Brenden Morrow, Peter Forsberg, Jamie Benn
Next or other favorite team: None, but I am interested how Islanders will do with those bruisers this year.
How else is hockey in your life?: Beer league with Harley drivers
Favorite Coyotes moment: Doan's hat-trick, 2011-12 season (waking up the neighbours in playoffs, it is usually around 4 a.m here) But the favorite moment is yet to come, attending first live game this season.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Playing EA Sports NHL, I usually pick up underdogs, but there's a Finnish connection too. Repo Man, Lumme, Ylonen...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sthlmyote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad