Mayo Taco Monday

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
To update

Hometown: Santa Cruz, CA
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 205
Favorite TV show: The Expanse
Favorite food: Almost anything from Mexico or Peru... Or Mennonite, or food in General
Favorite Coyote: Keller
Favorite non-Coyote: That guy with the hair. You know, the one on that team that gets snow and stuff...
Non-hockey team: Oakland Athletics
Next or other favorite team: Sharks
Favorite Coyotes moment: Muerelo

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Name: Zack
Hometown: Ahwatukee, Az
Height: 6'1
Weight: 155 165 170
Favorite TV show: Suits, Everything that I enjoy gets canceled at 1-3 seasons.
Favorite food: Steak Tacos, Pizza
Favorite Coyote: Hanzal Chychrun
Favorite non-Coyote: Al MacInnis and Mike Modano
Next or other favorite team: Dallas Stars, Philadelphia Flyers, and Minnesota Wild, Seattle
How else is hockey in your life? A lot less than it used to be, I still read and watch as much as I can.
Favorite Coyotes moment: An ex took me to a game for my birthday 4 or 5 7 or 8 8 or 9 years back against Detroit. We were down 4-1 going into the third and we came back to win it in a SO. Was an unbelievable experience. AM purchasing the team.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? My buddies and I would play street hockey so when the coyotes came to town it was a natural fit. Been a die hard fan ever sense.

I think this is going to become an unofficial weight tracker for me. Once I eclipse 185lbs I know I'll need to hit the gym and at the rate I'm going, that means 35. Here's to 4 more years of beer without consequences! :cheers:

Reactions: awfulwaffle

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Forum 40 has some beef! I feel like a pip squeak. We could probably put together a stout junior college defensive line.

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com
Name: Cam
Hometown: Winnipeg
Height: 6’1"
Weight: 165
Favorite TV Show: Brooklyn 99
Favorite food: Pizza
Favorite Coyote: Lawson Crouse
Favorite non-Coyote: Keith Yandle
Next or other favorite team: None
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2012 Playoffs by a landslide.
How else is hockey in your life?: I'm a bum of a hockey player but I've played since I was 7.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?:I have vague memories of seeing the original Jets on TV. Had a massive Keith Tkachuk Jets poster as a kid. Followed the team over to AZ and haven't looked back.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Name: Zack
Hometown: Ahwatukee, Az
Height: 6'1
Weight: 155 165 170
Favorite TV show: Suits, Everything that I enjoy gets canceled at 1-3 seasons.
Favorite food: Steak Tacos, Pizza
Favorite Coyote: Hanzal Chychrun
Favorite non-Coyote: Al MacInnis and Mike Modano
Next or other favorite team: Dallas Stars, Philadelphia Flyers, and Minnesota Wild, Seattle
How else is hockey in your life? A lot less than it used to be, I still read and watch as much as I can.
Favorite Coyotes moment: An ex took me to a game for my birthday 4 or 5 7 or 8 8 or 9 years back against Detroit. We were down 4-1 going into the third and we came back to win it in a SO. Was an unbelievable experience. AM purchasing the team.
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? My buddies and I would play street hockey so when the coyotes came to town it was a natural fit. Been a die hard fan ever sense.

I think this is going to become an unofficial weight tracker for me. Once I eclipse 185lbs I know I'll need to hit the gym and at the rate I'm going, that means 35. Here's to 4 more years of beer without consequences! :cheers:

Ha I miss those days. Now I have to workout to be able to drink.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Name: Stephen Gender: Male Age: 42
Hometown: London, UK Location: Portsmouth, UK
Height: 6’0" Weight: 190
Favorite TV Show: Battlestar Galatica Favorite food: Laksa
Favorite Coyote: None right now (one will emerge). Past: Teppo Numminen
Favorite non-Coyote: Shea Weber maybe. Past: Peter Forsberg, Jere Lehtinen
Next or other favorite team: Crystal Palace FC.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Winning the Pacific. Was also super excited when we signed Amonte and Jokinen as it felt like a watershed moment back then..
How else is hockey in your life?: Bought NHLPA '93 on the Genesis in the bargain bin for $5 and became totally addicted to the game playing as Roenick on the All Stars West vs mate's All Stars East. British hockey is a mess, so I only really follow the national teams.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Out of university, I moved to Phoenix 1998 ish and was surprised to see Roenick playing in Phoenix. I remember watching Isbister trying to break through. The commentators said we had a superstar prospect (Kolanos) coming soon so I became curious to find out more - wound up on hockeysfuture back in 2000 where these four guys hbk, Hoot, Greg and Dan were posting some great stuff. Moved back to the UK six years later but still watch whenever I can.

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Alright, let's give this a shot:

Name:
Mark
Hometown: Strathroy, Ont., Canada
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 180 (thanks intermittent fasting!! - lost 20 lbs. this way)
Favorite TV show: Simpsons, Family Guy, NHL games, Impractical Jokers
Favorite food: Peanut butter, cereal
Favorite Coyote: Kuemper and Raanta
Favorite non-Coyote: quite a few NHL goalies, present and retired
Next or other favorite team: Columbus Blue Jackets
How else is hockey in your life? play both ice and ball hockey, as goalie. Twice a week during the summer, and up to 4 times week in the winter (gotta love having a supporting wife!)
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? In the last few years, watching them survive all of the bankruptcy BS and being that small market, underdog type team that is fun to watch and easy to root for.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I basically do 16/8.
Finish eating around 6pm, maybe 7pm, and don't eat again until almost Noon.
I was fanatic about it at first, very strict - but when I got to my goal weight and waist size faster than I thought, I've relaxed my eating time....but the biggest thing for me was cutting out 1 meal a day.
When I added up the calories I was ingesting before...yikes. Now I'm at my suggested intake.
Calorie counting really helped me too.

Reactions: MIG

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I basically do 16/8.
Finish eating around 6pm, maybe 7pm, and don't eat again until almost Noon.
I was fanatic about it at first, very strict - but when I got to my goal weight and waist size faster than I thought, I've relaxed my eating time....but the biggest thing for me was cutting out 1 meal a day.
When I added up the calories I was ingesting before...yikes. Now I'm at my suggested intake.
Calorie counting really helped me too.
I used intermittent fasting along with weight training when I started me journey about six years ago. It worked so well and felt so good that I decided to start extending my fasts and doing research. I never realized how necessary it was for healing. I now do a 72 hour water fast every month. You should try to work up to it. Do a 24, eat, and then do a 36 and so on. Autophagy is a real thing. Our bodies are loaded with dead or damaged cells and extended fasting is the way to regenerate new cells. Our bodies also generate stem cells from extended fasting. The longest fast I did was 13 days (only water) and I just did that in June. It sounds difficult and boring but the hunger is gone between 48-72 hours. After that you feel amazing, look younger, feel lighter and have better energy. I still lift and do cardio during my extended fasts. Our bodies are not designed to be eating five or six times a day. Obesity and diabetes rates are destroying our society and over half of our hospital beds are filled with patients with metabolic related symptoms. Yet people think fasting is unhealthy. It's the healthiest thing you can do for yourself.
Eat six meals a day and keep your insulin jacked through the roof and join the ranks of hundreds of millions with metabolic syndrome and no one bats an eye. Skip a few days of eating and everyone loses their shit. LOL Fasting is the highest order of healing.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
13 days?!

I flip flop between calorie counting and keto, like the idea of fasting though. I'm probably pretty close to doing it already too.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I used intermittent fasting along with weight training when I started me journey about six years ago. It worked so well and felt so good that I decided to start extending my fasts and doing research. I never realized how necessary it was for healing. I now do a 72 hour water fast every month. You should try to work up to it. Do a 24, eat, and then do a 36 and so on. Autophagy is a real thing. Our bodies are loaded with dead or damaged cells and extended fasting is the way to regenerate new cells. Our bodies also generate stem cells from extended fasting. The longest fast I did was 13 days (only water) and I just did that in June. It sounds difficult and boring but the hunger is gone between 48-72 hours. After that you feel amazing, look younger, feel lighter and have better energy. I still lift and do cardio during my extended fasts. Our bodies are not designed to be eating five or six times a day. Obesity and diabetes rates are destroying our society and over half of our hospital beds are filled with patients with metabolic related symptoms. Yet people think fasting is unhealthy. It's the healthiest thing you can do for yourself.
Eat six meals a day and keep your insulin jacked through the roof and join the ranks of hundreds of millions with metabolic syndrome and no one bats an eye. Skip a few days of eating and everyone loses their ****. LOL Fasting is the highest order of healing.
Best health post of the year, good for you and thanks for sharing! This is a great explanation. I intermittent fast as well, only for the health benefits you accurately described. Your body heals when you don't consume calories. I generally now eat between 12-6 PM, healthy food, don't watch calories too much, but likely under 1500 mostly. Every few weeks a 24 hour+ fast but not too often. I am at 7% body fat, so don't need weight loss.

Intermittent fasting and healthy eating would solve so many healthy problems.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
13 days?!

I flip flop between calorie counting and keto, like the idea of fasting though. I'm probably pretty close to doing it already too.
I've joined water fasting groups and 13 days isn't that spectacular. Many go 20 to 40 days with just water. That's fine if you're inactive but for a gym junkie like me I incorporate sodium chloride (Himalayan pink salt) potassium chloride (no salt) and baking soda to my water each day after 72 hours. This doesn't have any calories. It's just salt water basically. I always get into ketosis before my prolonged fasts to minimize the hunger for the first couple days. Longer fasts are something you work up to. I started with a 24 hour, then did a 48 a month later. When I realized I had the discipline for it I decided to just do a monthly 72 hour water fast.
I'm already pretty lean at 10% bf so I don't fast for weight loss but went from 224 to 209 in that 13 day stretch. I fast for cellular autophagy, HGH and stem cell production.
I'm not at all religious but I get it when people say they experience enlightenment and become closer with their maker when they fast for spiritual reasons. The mental clarity and focus is out of this world and nothing like you've experienced before.

Reactions: cobra427 and Mosby

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Heh, the most recent entry before it was bumped JI mentions Himalayan pink salt, which I now use exclusively (not that i use that much, but upon seeing it and asking "why is this salt so pricey?", apparently it's good stuff)

Reactions: Jagged Ice

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
We pretty much put no one in jail so those guys won't have that much to worry about if convicted. And I doubt a conviction is coming.

I hear a trial likely won't occur until 2026...holy cow that's a long time to wait.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Just finished reading that. Do they get to rejoin teams or are they essentially punished without conviction?

I'm sure they won't be playing hockey anywhere. The KHL would probably take them, but I'm guessing they are restricted from leaving the country.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm sure they won't be playing hockey anywhere. The KHL would probably take them, but I'm guessing they are restricted from leaving the country.
I don't think they will have that restriction, maybe a large bond to ensure they appear. Might have trouble entering US though??

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I don't think they will have that restriction, maybe a large bond to ensure they appear. Might have trouble entering US though??

That would be different than the US. Pretty sure anyone free on bond can't leave the States

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That would be different than the US. Pretty sure anyone free on bond can't leave the States
We don't have much of a Justice System up North!!!! It could be a condition but I'm doubtful they couldn't get an exemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad