Status
Not open for further replies.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
i don't post here as much as i'd like to, but here goes:

How else is hockey in your life?: One of my greatest shames as a Maritimer and Canadian is that I never actually learned how to skate, so I don't play, but I live and breathe hockey 365 days a year!

Now that is a "coming out" admission that may be close to being "brave".

Met my wife in Grand Falls, New Brunswick.

ultradan

hello fellow kids
Mar 21, 2010
Now that is a "coming out" admission that may be close to being "brave".

Met my wife in Grand Falls, New Brunswick.

When I was a kid, my family used to drive through Grand Falls to visit our family out west. I don't remember much of the drive now, but Grand Falls always seemed like a really nice place. I haven't been back home since '96 :(

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Name: Peter

Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 175

Occupation: Currently unemployed due to Carpal/Cubital Tunnel. Usually a labourer.

Favorite TV show: Stargate SG1 (Current: The Flash)

Favorite food: Can't name one, not picky.

Favorite Coyote: Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Chychrun #2 now)

Favorite non-Coyote: Crosby

Next or other favorite team: Toronto Maple Leafs (As is my entire family.)

How else is hockey in your life?: Aside from video games? Nothing. Used to play for a couple years but I was tripping over the blue line. :laugh:

Favorite Coyotes moment: The Western Conference Finals was awesome but my favorite Coyote moment was when Brian Boucher was setting the modern day shut out record for 332 minutes, or 5 and a half games.

How and when did you become a Coyote fan? Been following the team since being introduce to hockey as a kid. I first watched the TML but I've always been loyal to my birth place so I've been following the Coyotes since before they moved to Phoenix. For me, Loyalty isn't a light switch that can be turned on and off so I couldn't just switch teams once Winnipeg got their team back.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Name: Lou
Hometown: Omaha Nebraska
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150
Occupation: Full time student, work in a restaurant here as well, do a lot of after school activities as well. Senior in high school
Favorite TV show: Louie
Favorite food: Pasta
Favorite Coyote: Hanzal
Favorite non-Coyote: Patrick Kane
Next or other favorite team: Used to root for the Blackhawks a little but they're too good now
How else is hockey in your life? Family has season tickets to the UNO Mavericks who are coming off their first Frozen Four appearance
Favorite Coyotes moment: Derek Morris's goal on Quick in the conference finals
How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? I have family in Phoenix with season tickets

Update's to mine.

Currently attending Grand Canyon University. 6'3 160 now. Favorite TV show is now House of Cards

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Name Lindgren

Hometown: Louisville Kentucky

Occupation: Retired Army Reserve Major (8 years active duty Armor) Retired compliance officer Environmental Protection (Federal government)

Favorite TV Show: Hogans Heroes

Favorite Food: Steak

Favorite Coyote: Doan/Domi/Duclair

Favorite Non-Coyote: Frank Shorter (no other hockey player)

Next or other favorite team: Dbacks/Dodgers/Colorado Buffalos Cross Country

How else is Hockey in your life?: Only started watching hockey in 2011. Wife was dying of brain cancer and I needed a break. Paid a lady 10 bucks an hour to watch wife while I went to GRA. Only missed 4 games since then. Premium seat Season Ticket Holder. Also became fan because of outrage about lack of support for this cities team by the hockey fans in the valley. Im STILL outraged.

Favorite Coyotes moment: Martinooks breakaway is up there. When they raised the Pacific Division banner on opening night against the Blackhawks another...Only thing that ruined that was the boos that rocked the arena when Raffi Torres was introduced. Would not have been as prominent if Coyote fans had not sold their tickets to Blackhawk fans.

How and when did you become a Coyotes fan? As mentioned above. I was obsessed with the sport of distance running for 40 years. Coached/Ran for teams/ wrote newspaper articles on running for the Bloomington Herald-Times (Indiana University) Have run 100,000 miles since 1977. Got attacked by a Coyote on a 10 mile run before work in 2007. Thats another reason I think I like the hockey team so much.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Long time lurker reporting in...

Name: Anton
Hometown: Linköping, Sweden
Height: 180cm / 5'9
Weight: 70kg / 154
Favorite TV show: The Office (US), Black Books, Seinfeld
Favorite food: Halloumi
Favorite Coyote: Duclair (and Doan)
Favorite non-Coyote: Rooting for Gustav Forsling to have a good first year in the NHL
Next or other favorite team: None in the NHL. Linköping HC in the Swedish Hockey League
How else is hockey in your life?: -
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2011-12 season playoffs or Mike Smiths EN goal
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: The original Jets and Coyotes were my favorite NHL teams as a kid. Every kid had to pick a favorite for when playing NHL or collecting hockey cards. It stuck, and I've been following the yotes more closely for the last 8 years or so.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Name: Hogan
Hometown: Falmouth, ME
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200
Favorite TV show: Futuroma
Favorite food: Grilled Chicken
Favorite Coyote: OEL
Favorite non-Coyote:
Brandon Carlo
Next or other favorite team: Bruins
How else is hockey in your life?: I wish I could work in hockey one day, just not sure how to get there yet. Played hockey into college (just at a club level, no varsity level) and continue playing on men's league teams in the area.
Favorite Coyotes moment: Watching Smitty stand on his head during the 2012 playoff run.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Meet Lucas Lessio in person at a local skate shop when I was younger. Also loved the alternate/throwback jerseys, I thought they were some of the best jerseys in hockey.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Name: Hogan

Welcome!

How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Meet Lucas Lessio in person at a local skate shop when I was younger, about 15 years old - this is the main reason why I became a coyotes fan, thought he was a super cool dude - also love the alternate/throwback jerseys, I think they're some of the best jerseys in hockey.

Probably when he was a Portland Pirate? I just saw him on One World Sports, he now plays for Zagreb in the KHL. (there are a lot of ex-yotes in the KHL)

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
I haven't been around here posting for a few years now, school caught up with me. So thought I would re-introduce myself.

Name: Josh
Hometown: Barrie, Ontario
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160
Favorite TV show: Community
Favorite food: Perogies
Favorite Coyote: Brendan Perlini (former Niagara IceDog)
Favorite non-Coyote: Shane Doan (too soon?)
Next or other favorite team: Whoever the Leafs are playing
How else is hockey in your life?: First real job was a hockey ref, still ref occasionally. Mostly intramurals at school or ball hockey in my off time. Currently my summer job is organizing a lawyer's hockey memorabilia collection in Toronto. He's a huge donor to the HHOF so this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me haha.
Favorite Coyotes moment: 2012 Playoffs or Mike Smith goal
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: So I actually grew up a Leafs fan until the age of 14. Mike Smith was a family friend, so he got my family tickets when we had gone down to Florida on vacation when he was with Tampa. I was an impressionable kid, so when he signed with the Yotes I followed his career a bit closer, and ended up becoming a Yotes fan that season. Haven't looked back since. Can't say I'm a fan of his antics on the ice, but off the ice he was a fantastic guy, and that sold me when I met him as a kid. I used to be a Coyotes fan because of Smitty, but after I vacationed in Phoenix in 2013 I really fell in love with the area, and the team, and the us against the world mentality, to the point where I wasn't a fan just cause of Smith, I was just a Yotes fan period.
Other Stuff: Currently studying Sport Management at Brock University. I'm also a huge soccer guy, so doing some long term volunteer work for the Canadian Soccer Association in the lead up to a potential internship in 4th year. Other favourite teams include the Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Being exposed to the constant stream of uninformed Canadian hockey fans and media up here slamming the Yotes actually made me start cheering against Canada in international hockey. I love my Team Canada baseball, basketball, soccer, tennis, golf...you name it. But in hockey my favourite team is whoever Canada is playing.

Looking forward to posting on here more often.

Reactions: SniperHF

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I used to be a Coyotes fan because of Smitty, but after I vacationed in Phoenix in 2013 I really fell in love with the area, and the team, and the us against the world mentality, to the point where I wasn't a fan just cause of Smith, I was just a Yotes fan period.
That's awesome and extra impressive you're flying the Yotes flag behind enemy lines! :yo:

Coyote_Fan

Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
I have been part of these boards since 2002. I used HockeysFuture to make rookies for my old FHL league. I don't come around as much as I used to but I have some excitement for the team right now so I will be around more.

Name: Brian
Hometown: Phoenix Az
Height: 6'2
Weight:
Favorite TV show: Futurama
Favorite food: Orange Chicken from Panda Express
Favorite Coyote: (current) OEL (all time) JR
Favorite non-Coyote: Duncan Keith (because of the teeth thing)
Next or other favorite team: None
Favorite Coyotes moment: (Tie) Krys Kolanos scoring the Penalty Shot on Patrick Roy and my first White-Out game vs. the Blues in the playoffs. We sat in the obstructed view seats and the Coyotes lost 1-0 in overtime but it was still maybe the best game I have ever seen.

Reactions: SniperHF

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Favorite Coyotes moment: (Tie) Krys Kolanos scoring the Penalty Shot on Patrick Roy and my first White-Out game vs. the Blues in the playoffs. We sat in the obstructed view seats and the Coyotes lost 1-0 in overtime but it was still maybe the best game I have ever seen.

If I could be allowed to go back in time and change the finishes of 2 sporting events I attended in person, that would be one of them (the other being Nick Anderson's "bonk! bonk! bonk! bonk!" in Game 1 of the 1995 NBA Finals.)

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Oh lordy, didn't realize I'd already posted one haha

Last edited:

More Cooley

yotes wagon
Jul 2, 2015
Long time lurker reporting in...

Always nice to see a fellow Swedish Coyotes fan :)

edit: Guess I'll have to write one as well..

Name: Jakob
Hometown: Nassjo, Sweden (Next to Hjalmarsson's hometown)
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Trailer Park Boys
Favorite food: Hamburgers and beer
Favorite Coyote: current, Max Domi. All time: Keith Tkachuk, Roenick
Favorite non-Coyote: William Nylander
Next or other favorite team: None really, although I like Wild
Favorite Coyotes moment: WCF run 11/12 and this goal
How and when did you become a Coyote fan? I really liked the old Jets logo and been a fan of the franchise since then. Always played as the Jets/Coyotes in the old NHL games. Tkachuk and JR, wow!

Last edited:

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Name: Darin
Hometown: Hayward, CA
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 186
Favorite TV show: currently binging on Girls and Banshee
Favorite food: eggs
Favorite Coyote: Gordon has been several times. I guess I'd have to choose Domi now.
Favorite non-Coyote: Byfuglien
Next or other favorite team: Kings
How else is hockey in your life?: It's not, never played.
Favorite Coyotes moment: After a year or so of being PSTH's, my wife and I dragged the girls to a game (reluctantly). That game we were upgraded by our rep, who put us in row B, just off the home bench. The girl's became instant converts.
Second favorite was our oldest daughter becoming a Paw Patrol member and seeing her at the games.
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Indirectly after moving the the Valley and watching RR's games at the coliseum. That love turned into a Yotes following, after they were transplanted.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Hey, I've been reading the AZ threads on HFB pretty heavily since around '06. Not a high volume poster but I have posted in spurts. I became a dad in June and it got me thinking that my "interest" in HFB, and in other forms of social media might be an un-needed distraction. I gave it up for a month and I feel like I've been more present with my family. In the past I would check my phone for updates almost obsessively. Anyways I think I'm giving up HFB for good. Just want to say thanks to you all for keeping me connected to this team that I love from many miles away. If you ever follow the Coyotes North to Winnipeg on a road swing, you have a place to stay just email me.
[email protected]

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Be well, Lanky. Enjoyed your posts. Grats on being a dad. Welcome back anytime.

Reactions: doaner

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
Name: Kim
Hometown: Tuscarawas, Ohio
Height: 5'1" (Funny thing hubby is 6-7)
Weight: @#$
Occupation: Work as branch administrator for medical supply company/College Student
Favorite TV show: Modern Family
Favorite food: Pasta
Favorite Coyote: Current Martinook/ Former Boyd Gordon :naughty:
Favorite non-Coyote: Hagelin
Next or other favorite team: Penguins
Favorite Coyotes moment: Any game!!
How and when did you become a Coyote fan?: Originally lived 45 minutes from Pittsburgh and would attend a couple games a year. Moved here about five years ago and bought a small package but would buy extra tickets each year. Became full season ticket holders three years ago.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I was there for that one. New Years Eve, I think.
It was New Year's Eve....Coyotes scored a late regulation goal to tie (Yandle or set-up by Yandle) to keep streak alive, then Yands OT goal. Next day Keith finds out he didn't make the US Olympic team for Sochi.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad