Arizona Coyotes Throwback Night - March 5. New Sweaters revealed.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Weird/interesting that the shoulder patch says Phoenix ... just MAAAAAYBE makes me think someone in the front office discovered a shoebox full of old receipts for the warehouse they used during the TGO-redesign and that this whole "throwback night" is just them trying to find a way to sell 9,000 of these old things :biglaugh:

Nah, they wouldnt sell jerseys from like 10 years ago, if that's what you are saying.

The jerseys pictured a few posts ago is some sort of replica, with the older heavier, less breathable material. As someone else mentioned, the collar has a much smaller pattern design than the one's produced back in the late 90s when the team actually wore them. Also notice that the collar does not have the NHL logo on the collar on top of a black strip of fabric, like the teaser image pictured below:

Additionally, the hem goes straight across at the bottom on the jersey on the hanger, compared to the teaser image which uses the curved reebok EDGE hem. On the teaser, the stripes on the sleeves are interrupted by a black insert on the template, it's hard to tell if that happens on the replicas on the hanger, or if the sleeves go all the way around.

I hope that they sell the authentics, not just the replicas. Here's the difference between the ducks replica and game-worn:

thumb.aspx

Mighty_Ducks_2013_throwback_jersey.png

The biggest difference is what you can't see, though: The feel of the fabric itself.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
At the team store? Care to elaborate? :)

Yup, thin stretchy material, the top collar looks way off too. The patches are real not just pressed on but overall not very impressive. Also 130 bucks, not a great deal when authentic jerseys aren't too much more. I love the old jerseys and I'm still going to pass.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Yup, thin stretchy material, the top collar looks way off too. The patches are real not just pressed on but overall not very impressive. Also 130 bucks, not a great deal when authentic jerseys aren't too much more. I love the old jerseys and I'm still going to pass.

Got it-- I do prefer the the thinner material, but typical Reebok overall. Never was a fan of the transition to heat pressed patches instead of actual stitched patches.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I was 13 when they sold them so mine don't fit anymore. Stupid growing.

I mostly stopped growing at 14ish :biglaugh:. Small(heh, get it) victories.

I do have a CCM white Jersey that's too small and has a few unfortunate Coca Cola stains on it from the 2001 playoffs :laugh:

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
^ I have found a white koho and a black ccm from ca. 2000 on ebay the past couple of years, such great purchases for $40. Still can't find the green alternate on ebay. That's the one that will complete me.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I mostly stopped growing at 14ish :biglaugh:. Small(heh, get it) victories.

I do have a CCM white Jersey that's too small and has a few unfortunate Coca Cola stains on it from the 2001 playoffs :laugh:

White clothes and I don't get along, I spill coffee on everything.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Weak. I don't understand the appeal of cutting corners on these things. If money is an issue, buy a t-shirt or a hat. If it isn't, who DOESN'T want the best, thickest, heaviest jersey possible? Same thing with stitching / ironing. What's the difference? Five minutes to sew on a name? The extra labor cost is what per unit? #jvDecisionMaking

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Weak. I don't understand the appeal of cutting corners on these things. If money is an issue, buy a t-shirt or a hat. If it isn't, who DOESN'T want the best, thickest, heaviest jersey possible? Same thing with stitching / ironing. What's the difference? Five minutes to sew on a name? The extra labor cost is what per unit? #jvDecisionMaking

Yeah it's pretty lame, go all out if you're going to do throwback night. So weak.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

The crest should be of sufficient quality that it feels like you're walking around with a dinner plate on your chest. The breathability and durability of the fabric should remind you that the jersey has an actual purpose in life beyond just looking good. The pricetag should also reflect this, possibly making you wince.

I have several authentic CCMs before they made the switch, and they're just better IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad