Arizona Coyotes Throwback Night - March 5. New Sweaters revealed.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Yeah, so I had an interesting conversation just now. I was just at the team shop at the arena, and I was asking the woman who works there about the throwback uni's being for sale, and she said they're not going to sell them until Thursday.

Now for the interesting part; she told me that they're re-designing our primary uniforms for next year, and that they've been working on a new design for a few months. She told me she wasn't sure if it was going to be a new uniform, with a new logo, or a new uniform with the same logo we have now.

This is literally the first time I've heard about this anywhere, so take it FWIW.

Interesting, I haven't heard anything about this, either. if it's a full logo/brand change, it would have already been in the works for 1-2 years (combination of Reebok designers, team execs, and the NHL work on a large-scale change like that).

They also had to take any-and-all apparel with the old "PHX" shoulder patch logo off of the shelves last year, so i seriously doubt they would make another change after just one season. It's much more conceivable that they release something new next summer-- combination of the ownership in place long enough to make those big decisions, and the design team at Reebok/NHL has enough time for that long ass process. I've seen some behind the scenes views at the Stars rebrand process, and there's hundreds of thrown away concepts, drafts, and directions. Let's hope that our organization takes the time to do it right if we are rebranding (which i believe we eventually will, especially if we get McEichel)

Our core brand has been in place since 2003. Complete rebuild = it's time for a change.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Does it matter if it's always being dumped in? :p:

2w1zk9y.jpg

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Love the center ice moon, but I wonder if it's something the league doesn't like. Off the top of my head, all 30 teams either use a gigantic logo or two opposite facing logos.

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
Former teammates Greg Adams, Sean Burke, Keith Carney, Craig Janney and Nikolai Khabibulin will join Roenick on the ice for a pregame puck drop. Janney and Khabibulin were teammates of Roenick along with Tkachuk, Mike Gartner, Rick Tocchet and Cliff Ronning on the early, potent Coyote teams that earned an immediate following in Arizona but couldn’t push past the first round of the playoffs.

Three of the 42 players who have scored 500 NHL goals (Gartner, Roenick and Tkachuk) were on the first Phoenix Coyotes team and Tocchet (440 goals) joined them a year later when they had the eventually Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings on the ropes before falling in six games.

"The town was rocking and we were playing well. Then we lost Khabibulin to an injury and that really hurt us," Roenick said. "That’s why I know there is a good fan base there. I’ve seen it."
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756540
Those were the days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->