Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How do you sell a car these days?

I’m helping my mom sell her car. Last time I sold a car private party was about a decade ago. I put it on auto trader where I had bought and sold cars a few times in the past.

I put my moms car on there early last week. And it was much different than I remember. They’re a broker now and charge fees beyond the listing. And they are merged with KBB and help set the price etc. it’s all very nice and convenient for me.

But no bites. And I think I’m priced right. And I’ve heard the auto market is nuts. I’m worried auto trader is no longer the way because people don’t want the middle man or something. Maybe I’m not getting the proper reach?

What’s the best way to get this puppy sold in 2023?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
How do you sell a car these days?

I’m helping my mom sell her car. Last time I sold a car private party was about a decade ago. I put it on auto trader where I had bought and sold cars a few times in the past.

I put my moms car on there early last week. And it was much different than I remember. They’re a broker now and charge fees beyond the listing. And they are merged with KBB and help set the price etc. it’s all very nice and convenient for me.

But no bites. And I think I’m priced right. And I’ve heard the auto market is nuts. I’m worried auto trader is no longer the way because people don’t want the middle man or something. Maybe I’m not getting the proper reach?

What’s the best way to get this puppy sold in 2023?

Craigslist really was the way to go until the last maybe 3-4 years, now it's overrun with dealers and assorted garbage. It's still viable but not nearly as good as it once was.

Facebook Marketplace is another option.

Beware you will get tons of crap messages though.

Assuming you're talking about a car worth less than 10k. If it's a more valuable car I dunno what the best choice would be.

EDIT: Eh I say that but I bought a Toyota Rav 4 for around 15k on Craiglist 2 years ago,. Been a good car. It's just quite difficult to find the serious buyers/sellers that aren't dealers/scammers.

rt

May 13, 2004
Craigslist really was the way to go until the last maybe 3-4 years, now it's overrun with dealers and assorted garbage. It's still viable but not nearly as good as it once was.

Facebook Marketplace is another option.

Beware you will get tons of crap messages though.

Assuming you're talking about a car worth less than 10k. If it's a more valuable car I dunno what the best choice would be.

EDIT: Eh I say that but I bought a Toyota Rav 4 for around 15k on Craiglist 2 years ago,. Been a good car. It's just quite difficult to find the serious buyers/sellers that aren't dealers/scammers.
I’ve got it listed for just under $9K on Autotrader/KBB and Nextdoor. Carvana offered me $6,500. I know I can do better. It’s an older car but it’s one owner, great shape, and only around 5k mi/yr. She bought it after she retired so it’s been garaged all day every day too.

Thanks for the tip. I don’t have a FB account or a Craigslist account, I don’t think. I figured it would be dealers/scammers mostly. That’s where autotrader is nice. They do all kinds of verification, including brokering (basically). It’s expensive to list and expensive to sell. So I thought I’d get better quality leads. So far crickets. And I’m priced below their recommendation (and they’re merged with KBB now).

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I’ve got it listed for just under $9K

May just have to be a bit patient on the bites. Eventhough the used prices are nuts-o right now, the amount of buyers private party with that kinda $ is also probably low.

rt

May 13, 2004
May just have to be a bit patient on the bites. Eventhough the used prices are nuts-o right now, the amount of buyers private party with that kinda $ is also probably low.
Ahhhh makes sense. Prices are insane but people are accepting even crazier pricing for the privilege of paying exorbitant interest rates to dealerships for financing. Oye vey. It’s getting scary out there.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Ahhhh makes sense. Prices are insane but people are accepting even crazier pricing for the privilege of paying exorbitant interest rates to dealerships for financing. Oye vey. It’s getting scary out there.
Are you offering better rates esa?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’ve got it listed for just under $9K on Autotrader/KBB and Nextdoor. Carvana offered me $6,500. I know I can do better. It’s an older car but it’s one owner, great shape, and only around 5k mi/yr. She bought it after she retired so it’s been garaged all day every day too.

Thanks for the tip. I don’t have a FB account or a Craigslist account, I don’t think. I figured it would be dealers/scammers mostly. That’s where autotrader is nice. They do all kinds of verification, including brokering (basically). It’s expensive to list and expensive to sell. So I thought I’d get better quality leads. So far crickets. And I’m priced below their recommendation (and they’re merged with KBB now).
Try OfferUp.

Yo @Jakey53

This Bud’s for you…. :laugh:

The rating were dismal before, will be even worse when Stepan shows up.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Geopolitical trash talking playing out on Twitter is wild.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Imagine all the good you can do for the world with $44 billion but instead you use it to buy Twitter.
Imagine if the US would stay out of everyone's business and use the billions of $$$$ to help their own people instead of blowing it on other countries who use it for weapons to kill people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad