Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So COVID gave me a heart attack at 39 years old.. My toddler brought it home so many times during the height of the pandemic and our levels were always super elevated. The inflammation the virus gave me did me in. BUT I just passed 1 year from my HA anniversary and I'm doing great.

#$% COVID.. and no it's not the vaccine that caused it. I got Omicron in March 2022 that did some serious damage, I can pinpoint the day that I just felt AWFUL and never felt good until I had my Stents placed.
Glad you’re doing well!

Reactions: Knights2017

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
90% or more of health problems are directly correlated to our crappy diets. Organic meats, veggies, fruits go a long way for the health of your body.
Yup, and about 2/3rds of hospitalizations in the United States are for poor metabolic syndrome. Data from a major UNC study revealed that only 12.2 percent of American adults are metabolically healthy, and it's getting worse.
I gave up that garbage years ago. Stay out of the middle aisles at the grocery store. My diet is protein and fruit. I supplement minerals, green powders and sunshine. Simple.

Reactions: Foggy1097

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Lol, after 3.5 years, HF just got blocked by my company's web-filtering for being "malware". Thus driving me to my phone. That retirement might come sooner than later now.

My cellular-ready 256GB iPad Air running on my unlimited Verizon plan doesn’t have these issues. :P

But I agree the growing number of site-based firewalls companies are putting up sucks.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
My cellular-ready 256GB iPad Air running on my unlimited Verizon plan doesn’t have these issues. :P

But I agree the growing number of site-based firewalls companies are putting up sucks.
Yeah, neither does this phone or my Samsung tablet....but those involve thumbs and squinting vs a nice big keyboard and mouse and two large monitors. Diminishes my UX ya know?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Man how do you do it? I recently bought a tablet and found myself never using it as I'd still reach for the phone over the tablet because typing soooo much faster. I know speech to text is a thing but I hate speaking to devices!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Man how do you do it? I recently bought a tablet and found myself never using it as I'd still reach for the phone over the tablet because typing soooo much faster. I know speech to text is a thing but I hate speaking to devices!
Been wanting an iPad since my daughter began high school…. In 2009. Was going to use it for her basketball games. Every time I was ready to pull the trigger Apple would come out with something I liked more or the technology was about to jump another level. Finally was able to lock one down last fall. Had to wait for the Air to get 5G. Made it the best bang for the buck.

Before I had an android one from Verizon that was also cellular (4G). It offered a lot of bang for the buck but it didn’t do all the things I really wanted. And the memory was limited.

The iPad does a lot. I use it for work some and streaming things like Coyotes games wherever I’m at and since most of that is at work I have it running the game while I handle the GDT (including pulling stuff off Twitter) from the iPhone. I can also flip rhe roles between devices if I have to. They’re sync’d to each other and when close enough they share pics and text messages and I can use either device on them.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Been wanting an iPad since my daughter began high school…. In 2009. Was going to use it for her basketball games. Every time I was ready to pull the trigger Apple would come out with something I liked more or the technology was about to jump another level. Finally was able to lock one down last fall. Had to wait for the Air to get 5G. Made it the best bang for the buck.

Before I had an android one from Verizon that was also cellular (4G). It offered a lot of bang for the buck but it didn’t do all the things I really wanted. And the memory was limited.

The iPad does a lot. I use it for work some and streaming things like Coyotes games wherever I’m at and since most of that is at work I have it running the game while I handle the GDT (including pulling stuff off Twitter) from the iPhone. I can also flip rhe roles between devices if I have to. They’re sync’d to each other and when close enough they share pics and text messages and I can use either device on them.
The issue isn't Apple vs Android, they're equal as far as I'm concerned, it's more that I couldn't get into the tablet form factor. So your answer for the slow typing on a tablet was to type the message on your phone and transfer it to the tablet? I admittedly never tried that approach but I feel like my lazy ass would just use my phone at that point. haha

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
So I'm traveling in Israel during one of their religious holidays (Passover I think), and we stop at a McDonald's (cuz we're dumb Americans) and order a burger. McD's tells us they can only serve unleavened bread due to the holiday. Tried one bite and ditched the bun; had a meat-only burger.:)

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
So I'm traveling in Israel during one of their religious holidays (Passover I think), and we stop at a McDonald's (cuz we're dumb Americans) and order a burger. McD's tells us they can only serve unleavened bread due to the holiday. Tried one bite and ditched the bun; had a meat-only burger.:)
The matzos crackers are really good!

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Do you remember the slogan from 10 years ago?

FB_IMG_1695739485934.jpg

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2015
Hfboards.com does not work anymore when I'm using Safari on my iPhone (ios 17). Getting a "bad request" error message. Works in Chrome tho. Phew

Edit: clear cookies fixed it. I hate computers

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Big pro bull riding event in Glendale this weekend (ya know… the single weekend event that was supposed to replace the Coyotes)

But the 49ers play the Cardinals tomorrow so they’ve already shut the parking lots and streets down around State Farm for that.

Leaving only Westgate’s Lot G for the arena with one street in and out.

Good planning.. :laugh:

Edit: Found out the Cardinals are actually in SF. There’s a monster truck event at State Farm tonight.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Big pro bull riding event in Glendale this weekend (ya know… the single weekend event that was supposed to replace the Coyotes)

But the 49ers play the Cardinals tomorrow so they’ve already shut the parking lots and streets down around State Farm for that.

Leaving only Westgate’s Lot G for the arena with one street in and out.

Good planning.. :laugh:

Never change, Glendale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad