Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
I can’t get into that show. It seems too slow. Besides, I’ve got too much Yellowstone, 1883 and 1923 to watch. I also watched the first episode of Tulsa King and that was an awesome show too.

Reactions: RemoAZ

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Works for me! Keep ‘‘em coming!

I'm currently reading 1491, an interesting look at what the Americas were like before Columbus "discovered" the continent. The picture painted in the book is nothing like what I was taught in school. Quite fascinating.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
I'm currently reading 1491, an interesting look at what the Americas were like before Columbus "discovered" the continent. The picture painted in the book is nothing like what I was taught in school. Quite fascinating.
Agreed. What they ‘teach’ in school is usually quite contrary to the real world.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Agreed. What they ‘teach’ in school is usually quite contrary to the real world.

The old theory was based on work done by actual anthropologists, the problem is that most scientists now believe they were wrong. The lesson learned, I suppose, is that scientific "consensus" should not be a reason to stop investigating.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
So I just got my compensation package for this year, 0 raise, but 7% bonus and 5% equity. I'm just curious, do other companies do this? I love how they factor in equity(that doesn't fully vest for 3 years) as the overall compensation for the year. I'll be looking for a new job, just curious if other people have seen this at places they have worked. I've never not been given a raise before, even if it's just a small one. Considering CPI was like 6.5% year over year, to not give a raise seems kind of weird to me.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So I just got my compensation package for this year, 0 raise, but 7% bonus and 5% equity. I'm just curious, do other companies do this? I love how they factor in equity(that doesn't fully vest for 3 years) as the overall compensation for the year. I'll be looking for a new job, just curious if other people have seen this at places they have worked. I've never not been given a raise before, even if it's just a small one. Considering CPI was like 6.5% year over year, to not give a raise seems kind of weird to me.

I've worked for various defense contractors for the past 14 years. Maybe half of the years I got a raise, usually only 2-3%. This year only 2% and a $1000 bonus, which doesn't sound like much but is $1000 more than the previous year.

As far as equity, my previous employer did a partial match on company stock. For every share I purchased they gifted me one share.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I can’t get into that show. It seems too slow. Besides, I’ve got too much Yellowstone, 1883 and 1923 to watch. I also watched the first episode of Tulsa King and that was an awesome show too.
I can't ever get enough Star Wars but Tulsa King surprised me. That was freaking good. Had a little Sopranos vibe to it. Gotta admire Stalone still going strong at his age. Pretty amazing really.

Another show that I wound up watching that I would have never thought I'd watch was Wednesday. I was getting a haircut and it was on at the shop. I watched a half hour of an episode and was cracking up. Got me to download the series. It was way different than the corny teen show I thought it would be. Funny, suspenseful, creepy and interesting all at the same time.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I work in Financial Services. After 2020 the organization did a 0% inflation adjustment and then a year ago it was 2% (way behind CPI). I'm still moving up in my pay band each year so I'm getting pay increases but it's still annoying and would impact the long term earnings for anyone sticking around.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Better question is why were live rounds allowed on a movie set? No reason for that to ever happen. Was he responsible for that? If he was then ok, sue him and put him in jail. If not, the person that was is at fault.

I'm sure Hollywood stars don't view it this way, but basic firearms safety says that the person holding the gun is responsible for safety. I'm sure Baldwin will say he had no idea the gun contained live rds, and it wasn't his job to check.

Reactions: 0point1

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm sure Hollywood stars don't view it this way, but basic firearms safety says that the person holding the gun is responsible for safety. I'm sure Baldwin will say he had no idea the gun contained live rds, and it wasn't his job to check.
It's a movie set. The gun has to be considered a prop doesn't it? I'm sure that's what his lawyers will try to prove. I think it's actually the gun professional's duty on set to check it actually. I'd even bet there's some contractual language to that affect but of course I don't know for sure. That will all come out in court and even if he gets off which I'm sure he will because he's rich, there will be a civil suit where he'll have to pay something in the end. You know how that goes.

Reactions: Sinurgy and Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's a movie set. The gun has to be considered a prop doesn't it? I'm sure that's what his lawyers will try to prove. I think it's actually the gun professional's duty on set to check it actually. I'd even bet there's some contractual language to that affect but of course I don't know for sure. That will all come out in court and even if he gets off which I'm sure he will because he's rich, there will be a civil suit where he'll have to pay something in the end. You know how that goes.

The gun is a prop, but it's a real gun, just like a car is a prop, but it can still kill you. The so-called prop expert was not experienced with firearms.

I'm sure the poor safety conditions will be brought up in the trial.

Reactions: Kai Yo T
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad