Arizona Coyotes Lounge XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
"and monetize both sides of it...."

You know, it's funny... I've said for years that the real battle is not left vs. right, liberal vs. conservative, religious vs. non-religious, etc., but assholes vs. non-assholes.

But over the past few years, it's become clear that there is a corollary to that called "grifters vs. everyone else." Behind every culture war, behind every outrage generator, behind every cult of personality, there is someone working a grift, trying to make a profit by any means necessary.

That's why, even though I might vehemently disagree with some of the folks around here on politics, policy, and etc., I still feel like you folks are my people, because as far as I know none of you are asshole grifters. :D

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm legitimately amazed that Mankind has lasted this long.....we are one stupid species.
I have being saying that for years. What I'm surprised is how fast the stupidity is progressing. I just shake my head how bad it is, and getting worse. That snowball is getting bigger and bigger.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don’t give a shit about baseball but I’m jumping on the DBacks bandwagon!
Winning will do that. Sold out last night. I wonder when was the last time that happened? Watch their STH sales go through the roof for next year.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Winning will do that. Sold out last night. I wonder when was the last time that happened? Watch their STH sales go through the roof for next year.

That's what I did back in 2001. I still don't watch many games, haven't tuned into the playoffs even (yet, I'm getting motivated lol.) But I have kept an eye on the scores and standings ever since. I should have their games on more since the TV is used often only used for background noise 'round here now-a-days.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Back in his day on ESPN, Barry Melrose would say, "all that matters is how you play going into the playoffs," and tout some hot team to win it all. DBacks scored 3 runs in their last 4 regular-season games, leading me to believe they were doomed. Five postseason games later, 30 runs!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
As the resident astronomer here, I feel obligated to post about Saturday morning's annular eclipse. "Annular" means the shape is an annulus, or ring. That's so because the moon is in an elliptical orbit, and it's angular size is smaller than that of the moon. A much more spectacular total solar eclipse path crosses the U.S. next April.

The path is about 100 miles wide, extending from the Oregon coast through Texas's Gulf Coast, passing as close to us as Four Corners. If you're in metro Phoenix, first contact occurs a bit after 8 a.m., and mid-eclipse is at 9:30 a.m. The sun will be mostly covered, as I show in my illustration. During that time, the terrain will be lit like that of an overcast day, but the sliver of sun will make everything have higher contrast, with light passing through leaves on trees creating crescents on the ground. MOST IMPORTANT POINT: don't look at the sun, even without binoculars, much less with them. Stores like Target and Walmart are selling perfectly safe "eclipse glasses" for not much money. Alternatively, poke a hole in some cardboard, and project the sun's image on a white sheet.

If all goes well, I'll be in Mexican Hat, UT, along the centerline.

Attachments

• eclipse_PHX.JPG
    eclipse_PHX.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 2

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Back in his day on ESPN, Barry Melrose would say, "all that matters is how you play going into the playoffs," and tout some hot team to win it all. DBacks scored 3 runs in their last 4 regular-season games, leading me to believe they were doomed. Five postseason games later, 30 runs!
Sad that he just got diagnosed with Parkinson’s

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Before you blame the media, there's a non-zero chance that the NFL is begging ESPN et al. to put Taylor Swift's face on any content they feasibly can because they're desperate to tap into that demographic.

I know. and it doesn't bother me, I just find it amusing. It's like watching Bedard's first game. every chance they got he was on the screen. Every chance the cameras had to get a Taylor Swift reaction, they were there. She spent a lot of time talking to Kelce's parents. I wonder what they think of his new squeeze?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I know. and it doesn't bother me, I just find it amusing. It's like watching Bedard's first game. every chance they got he was on the screen. Every chance the cameras had to get a Taylor Swift reaction, they were there. She spent a lot of time talking to Kelce's parents. I wonder what they think of his new squeeze?
Taylor Bedard?
We should send her a bear.

Reactions: MIGs Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes