OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
oh that sucks.
Ah no problem. I will watch it before university. :D

Edit: Not gonna happen i have to be at university at 8:45.

Maybe we can all watch it during the lecture.

........................ I had a great idea right now.

Last edited:

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
Ah no problem. I will watch it before university. :D

Edit: Not gonna happen i have to be at university at 8:45.

Maybe we can all watch it during the lecture.

........................ I had a great idea right now.

is it a history class? because got is about history.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I noticed my lawn looks like crap. My garden looks crispy. My vines are sagging.

I’ve got an irrigation issue.

1.Checked Orbit timer and settings-ok
2.Adjusted timer to run right now-fail
3.Turned on manual override-fail
4.Manually turned valves in-ground-fail
5.Manually turned on water line-ok
6.Checked circuit breaker box-ok

What other troubleshooting steps are there? Why does my water line seem okay and my breaker box seem okay, but manually turning the irrigation control valves in the in-ground irrigation control boxes result in nothing?

I’m stumped.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
I noticed my lawn looks like crap. My garden looks crispy. My vines are sagging.

What other troubleshooting steps are there? Why does my water line seem okay and my breaker box seem okay, but manually turning the irrigation control valves in the in-ground irrigation control boxes result in nothing?

I’m stumped.

are you opening the solenoid or bleed screw?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

I’m stumped.

If you manually turn on multiple valves and nothing happens, then either there is no water in the supply line or you are not actually opening the valves. It's unlikely ALL of the valves have failed.

My valves sometimes stick and don't want to open in the spring, but I live in a cold climate where we drain the lines in the fall and the ground freezes.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
there can be multiple valves as well. it’s tough to trouble shoot because you have to find out at what point is the water held up. if it is one of the valves.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Time to find out if the control box is sending out enough voltage (if at all) to the solenoids on the valves. That will determine where to look next.

I’ve got to overhaul the system in my backyard. A while back two of the six valves developed leaks that caused the entire valve box to flood, shorting another valve into stay omg open all night. Flooding the entire backyard and most of the north side of the house. Cost me an extra 50-75 bucks on the water bill that month.

One valve only needed a diaphragm but the other one has a leak in the body that I can’t see without pulling the entire unit out and where it’s located means digging up the entire box.

Probably going to end up replacing everything.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Now that I think about it. One wire of each solenoid are usually tied together as a common. If that connection is bad then that would cause none of valves to work.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
there can be multiple valves as well. it’s tough to trouble shoot because you have to find out at what point is the water held up. if it is one of the valves.

No need to make it complicated. Should be a manual supply line valve, and a solenoid operated valve for each zone.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
No need to make it complicated. Should be a manual supply line valve, and a solenoid operated valve for each zone.

oh it’s not complicated at all. some systems will have a valve at the meter and near the backflow.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Thought it was pretty blah, actually. Just moving pieces around geographically to set up the next story arc mainly. Snow/Sand/Targy riding a dragon and getting thr brief from Sam were the only real plot developments. Even Sam's reveal was a bit clipped and anti-climatic.

Glad it's back though!

Reactions: Edenjung

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
Thought it was pretty blah, actually. Just moving pieces around geographically to set up the next story arc mainly. Snow/Sand/Targy riding a dragon and getting thr brief from Sam were the only real plot developments. Even Sam's reveal was a bit clipped and anti-climatic.

Glad it's back though!

the got season premieres have never been mind blowing. this was the best, imo.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
GoT has suffered since it went off book and started delivering TV tropes. I’m too invested to care if it’s bad. They win. I’m just glad to look at it and see it concluded in any way or shape or form.

Reactions: _Del_

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I just watched in the lecture (even got me in touch with some ladies :D)
and i have to say its very cool. But some things are a bit... hmmm.

Why did nobody question that Jon can ride a freeaking dragon (It'S a wyvern to be 100% correct but who cares) i mean, isn't it said that only Targaryan can ride them? Shouldn't that ring a bell with Dany?

What i really liked was the meeting between Sansa and Tyrion. Sansa shows that she knows how to play the game, and she learnt from the best (Littlefinger, Olenna and Cersi).

Also i liked the reaction of the Lords of the North. The situation is hard for them, they fought for their freedom the whole time and their king just bowed his knee to a forgei and a Targaryan nontheless.
I have some ideas how they could have avoided the situation, but for those Dany had to be more compromissive and not that blunt and hard (she needs to give those in her alliance a hand and not just say, i am king and thats it. That doesn't work. She should know better, but on teh other hand that worked her whole life so...)

What i really missed was a meeting between Lyanna Mromont and Jorah. That would be awesome.

Regarding the last stand and Winterfell i have that to say: That is stupid from a tactical standpoint.
They know the north. They should have tried to evacuate most of it's inhabitans and moved to the Neck and beyond it.
The Neck is a natural chokepoint, you can controll there who is coming through it . You know the swamps there better than any other. That slows the night king and his army down and makes them vulnerable to guerillia attacks and traps.

But yeah give the night king the advantage and place to field all his troops all around you.
In the neck you can atleast controll how many enemies you are fighting.

But thats all from me :D
I know it's alot to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: