OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIV - Life, The Universe and “Marvel Studios kicks DC Comics’ ass.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The explanation I've heard for that one is that the "Kessel run" is a heavily-patrolled smuggling route with dangerous areas that pilots would often go around instead of through, such as Black hole clusters, and an asteroid cluster encased in a nebula arm. Solo took the extra risks and covered a shorter distance in moving from his point of origin to his destination.

This explanation is not considered canon, though.

It is now - they retconned it in the Solo movie so that's basically what happened (I only saw it once, but IIRC there was also a ravenous space squid or something that was on the shortest route).

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Since this is the OT thread... anyone else suddenly having a bunch of sponsored ads at the bottom of the screen that keep popping up while you're scrolling down after reading the thread? I used to scroll down to hit the link back to the Coyotes's main forum page but now there are so many ads it is less time/annoyance to just scroll to the top (this is mostly about mobile... desktop is slightly annoying but mobile is way worse haha).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Since this is the OT thread... anyone else suddenly having a bunch of sponsored ads at the bottom of the screen that keep popping up while you're scrolling down after reading the thread? I used to scroll down to hit the link back to the Coyotes's main forum page but now there are so many ads it is less time/annoyance to just scroll to the top (this is mostly about mobile... desktop is slightly annoying but mobile is way worse haha).
Only on mobile.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017

yeah, it’s trash.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Only on mobile.

Interesting! On my desktop version, when I get to the bottom of the page it adds maybe another couple of rows of stuff and then it stops so I can click the link back. Scrolled down to check, I have 8 rows of things to scroll through.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Interesting! On my desktop version, when I get to the bottom of the page it adds maybe another couple of rows of stuff and then it stops so I can click the link back. Scrolled down to check, I have 8 rows of things to scroll through.

One way to take care of this is to sponsor HFBoards.

Some ad-blockers like AdGuard allow you to select specific page elements like this OutBrain thing and block them sitewide.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
One way to take care of this is to sponsor HFBoards.

Some ad-blockers like AdGuard allow you to select specific page elements like this OutBrain thing and block them sitewide.

Thanks for the info on that!

I guess my biggest curiosity is if this was a new thing that happened to everyone else. Haven't had this kind of issue until this weekend/yesterday or so. I usually don't mind some ads (of course the website has to support itself and all that) but whatever just happened hurts the practical functionality of the site for me (unless those fixes work).

My other curiosity about this is if this is supposed to be the way it works or if it's an unintended issue that has popped up since this hasn't happened before for me.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They disappeared for me briefly on their own accord. But they're back now...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I've had weird ads off and on for the past two years or so. Some popups that take over the browser, some redirects, both are gone now. Saw the ad border on the bottom early today but it's gone now.

The average ad lasts three days on the internet, the average government last four years, the average marriage last seven years and the average dog lives 14 years. Nothing will last forever but HF Boards, because it's better than money, it's better than politics, it's better than love and it's better than pets.

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I just started watching Game of Thrones earlier this week. Binge watching with wife to catch up. Almost done with season 2.

Jon Snow looks like Daniel Carcillo

Screenshot_20190418-101522_Instagram.jpg

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yikes.....

Key Arena renovation is now up to $900 million. Opening date now just 3 months prior to the Seattle expansion franchise’s first season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yikes.....

Key Arena renovation is now up to $900 million. Opening date now just 3 months prior to the Seattle expansion franchise’s first season.
Haha. 3 months?!?!? Yeah, I'm guessing we'll see huge areas tarped off on opening night if that's the case. Or they're going to have to pay double-time to workers and that cost is going to skyrocket.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Haha. 3 months?!?!? Yeah, I'm guessing we'll see huge areas tarped off on opening night if that's the case. Or they're going to have to pay double-time to workers and that cost is going to skyrocket.

Or start the season on a huge road trip.

cromag27

Nov 7, 2017
Surprisingly, I'm getting 14.5k for my car. I thought cars were basically automatically half value once you drive it off the lot. Not complaining, getting about $5k extra after the car is paid off. Bought a new car, but never want to go through this again.

that’s good! your claims adjuster was definitely working in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad