Confirmed Trade: [ARI/NJD] Taylor Hall (50%), Speers for c. 1st, Cond. Pick, Kevin Bahl, Nate Schnaar & Nick Merkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chances Hall gets re-dealt this year?

I know Kuemper's been hurt, but this team in front of their goalies have not played great. I really feel like there was a better team dynamic without Hall. They were grinding out wins.
Hall, Garland, Chychrun, Hjalmarsson and Kuemper are the only guys I want to keep. At this point I like more than the Coyotes.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Live feed from the Coyotes locker room:

tenor.gif

Aug 3, 2010
Hall could return something of good value if Coyotes retain 50% on his contract as well, no? A very legitimate, very cheap top-6 winger should be attractive to any team.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hall could return something of good value if Coyotes retain 50% on his contract as well, no? A very legitimate, very cheap top-6 winger should be attractive to any team.
Hopefully 1st and a good prospect.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hall doesn’t though. He’s really good at hockey. Guy is amazing. It’s just the rest of the team is trash.
Yeah it's really weird with whatever is going on with Phil Kessel, if he was serviceable at all, the Coyotes would be in a better situation, but holy crap his fall is just so weird.

He's on pace for a 47pt season, his lowest point total since 2007-08. Last year he wasn't at his best, but he was still an 80pt winger while being up and down on the 2nd and 3rd line.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Yeah it's really weird with whatever is going on with Phil Kessel, if he was serviceable at all, the Coyotes would be in a better situation, but holy crap his fall is just so weird.

He's on pace for a 47pt season, his lowest point total since 2007-08. Last year he wasn't at his best, but he was still an 80pt winger while being up and down on the 2nd and 3rd line.

On pace for 25 ES points. He's putting up 4th line production with 1st line ice time

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019

His contract is already retained the maximum amount so no but at 3 million he's already very cheap. That said giving up and trading him again would be an absolute disaster for their PR and shouldn't be considered.

Trading for some veteran leadership to bring in a strong locker room presence into a team that seems to be lacking one (at least to an outside observer) and going for it in a weaker west makes more sense to me. A decent playoff run would do a lot for the franchise and might (slightly) increase the chances of re-signing Hall.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

It's not weird. He's a lazy f*** that can't be sheltered anymore, even on a third line. His shot has left him. All he has is his cross ice passing. Hasn't even been good on the PP.

All of this after dictating a move to AZ. He may get his buddy Tocchet fired.

Hall has been great. It's the other 'veterans' like Stepan, Goligoski, Kessel etc... that are playing like trash and dragging the team down.

Reactions: Ignatius

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's not weird. He's a lazy **** that can't be sheltered anymore, even on a third line. His shot has left him. All he has is his cross ice passing. Hasn't even been good on the PP.

All of this after dictating a move to AZ. He may get his buddy Tocchet fired.

Hall has been great. It's the other 'veterans' like Stepan, Goligoski, Kessel etc... that are playing like trash and dragging the team down.
Or that Kessel and his stupid need for playing as many games as possible is hindering him from sitting for a bit and resting whatever is bothering him, no way a guy loses his shot like that, that quickly. He wasn't shooting as much with the Penguins last season either. People can call him lazy all they want, he is a points producer, he's just not getting it done and seems to elect passing over shooting when he's been a shooter.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Chances Hall gets re-dealt this year?

I know Kuemper's been hurt, but this team in front of their goalies have not played great. I really feel like there was a better team dynamic without Hall. They were grinding out wins.

Zero. Kuemper is elite and when he gets going again, the Coyotes will take off and be a dangerous team. He hasn’t been healthy since Hall joined. They are better than their record suggests.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Nashville turns it on even slightly I think AZ may end up on the outside looking in by April. If this begins to look likely over the next 3 weeks does anyone think there’s any chance they look to re-trade Hall somewhere?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I've wondered since Hall was acquired if there was any possibility Arizona would move him again if things didn't go as planned leading up to the trade deadline.

If February looks like January where Arizona went 4-5-2, I think selling would be in their best interest. The results in December weren't very good either (3-4-0). Combined record over Hall's 18 games: 7-9-2.
The schedule going into the deadline looks formidable.
CHI
EDM
CAR
at BOS
at MTL
at TOR
at OTT
WSH
NYI
at DAL
at STL
TBL